Window curtains are like clothes for a person. Therefore, red curtains can be compared to a woman's dress of the same shade. They add extravagance and passion to the room. If you do not know what kind of interior you can fit into and from what materials it is better to make, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with this article.
Features of the
You need to have a certain courage to hang curtains in red shades in your home. Not everyone dares to do this. The red color of the curtains brings ceremonial and theatricality to the interior. This color of curtains will add aggressiveness and energy to the interior, not every person can withstand their "pressure".
Despite all the aggressiveness of red, curtains of this color visually "warm" the room, make it more comfortable and welcoming. They do not carry a gender connotation, therefore they are equally suitable for both the men's room and the women's room.
The red light that will penetrate such curtains during the daytime will tone you up and stimulate you to take action. Therefore, it is the ideal window decoration for people with a phlegmatic or melancholic character.
But for choleric people, this color of curtains is contraindicated, it will cause even more vivid emotions and bursts of aggression. For people who have problems with pressure, the use of this color in the interior is also not recommended.
Red curtains are in themselves an accent in the interior, so additional bright accessories are not required.
This color of curtains is suitable only for larger rooms. He visually brings the wall on which he is located and is able to "eat" the square meters of the room.
To decorate the window with red curtains, completely different materials can be used. Both natural silk, cotton and synthetic materials are appropriate here:
- So, velvet curtains will add chic and pomp to the interior.
- Veil, organza, mesh will make the interior more airy.
- Natural linen or cotton will bring environmental friendliness and simplicity to the interior.
What interiors are combined with?
The passion and aggressiveness of the red curtains must be tamed with the tone of the interior. It is better to use a white, beige background here. They will "calm down" the brightness of the color. At the same time, the pastel colors themselves will be transformed, the impression of a hospital ward in the room will not be created. Among other combinations, we note:
Gray wallpaper will give red curtains a more noble tone. Cherry, crimson, red-violet shades of curtains are especially preferred here
Red with green it is very difficult to combine, but here you can also find an option. At the same time, the interior will be filled with notes of nature and harmony
Here, light green tones will be ideal in combination with red, which is close to pink.
For very brave people, you can offer to hang red curtains in the room, where the interior is made in black. But here it is very difficult not to cross the border of vulgarity, so it is better to entrust the creation of such a design to a specialist
The curtains in the house do not have to be standard red. It is worth paying attention to deep berry, burgundy, floral tones. These uncommon shades will add luxury to your interior.
If you nevertheless decided to decorate the windows in red textiles, this does not mean at all that there should be a lot of red in the interior. So that such curtains are not a separate element from the whole design, they can be balanced with a couple of pillows on the sofa and a vase on the table to match the curtains, and that will be enough.
If the room is small, then it is better to choose transparent curtains. Organza or veil will work here. Such fabrics will also remove theatricality from the interior. It will be more concise and simple.
To reduce the activity of red, you can use two-tone curtains.
When decorating the windows in the bedroom with this color, do not support them with a bedspread. For bed textiles, it is better to choose neutral shades.
In the living room, the curtains can be made with a sofa in the same tone. This will not overload the interior of this room, especially if the walls are white or beige.
Red curtains in the house can be of completely different textures and styles:
- First of all, in this color are represented heavy velvet curtains, which are suitable for decorating windows in a boudoir or living room in a classic style. Such curtains look especially rich in red and gold interiors. But this is not the only option for curtains of this color.
- Tulle of this tone also takes place. This is especially true if such a curtain is the main one. They work well with the Minimalist style.
- Roman shades in red shades are widely used. They are a rectangular curtain assembled with ribbons. Such curtains will give the window conciseness and simplicity, despite the color. Choosing a red plaid color scheme is a great option for country style.
- French curtains also relevant in this color. The shuttlecocks they create will add pomp to the interior. They are also applicable in classic interiors of Art Deco, Borocco, Rococo styles.
- Japanese curtains can also be performed in red. In this case, the curtain can be either monochromatic or have red and white ornaments. And when combined with panels of other colors, it will help to create a unique interior. Such curtains are suitable for the Japanese style, but in other modern styles they will be appropriate.
- Kiseya or thread curtain red tints are also relevant. Bright color does not require additional decoration. Suitable for modern style.
- Jalousie fade into the background, but still, in some interior styles, they are still relevant today. So, in the Loft style, this type of window decor will be quite appropriate.
In what rooms can you use it?
You can decorate windows with red curtains in almost any room:
- So, for the kitchen it is better to choose transparent fabrics or muslin. In this case, the length of the curtains can be any. In this case, it is better to give preference to synthetic fabrics. They tolerate washing well, and it is easy to stain the curtains in this room.
- For the bedroom, especially if it is decorated in a classic style, it is better to give preference to heavy curtains that will darken the room well. But you can also hang red tulle here. In this case, thick curtains should still be, only a more restrained color, for example, beige.
- In the living room, you can feel free to choose the design of red curtains. There can be rich velvet curtains, light Roman curtains, voile, and Japanese panels. It all depends only on the style in which the design of the room is made.
Here's what the designers have to offer:
- Brown muslin over red tulle is a great option for a modernist kitchen.
- Red Japanese panels in combination with curtains in other colors add restraint to a glamorous interior.
- Burgundy lambrequin in a classic boudoir will add chic to the whole decor.
- Heavy velvet curtains adorned with tassel garters in a Turkish style bedroom will add pomp to the interior.
- A red floral ornament in a Country style living room combined with roman blinds will help create a cozy atmosphere in the room.
Below you will find even more ideas with red curtains in the interior.