Curtains are more than just fabric on the window. It performs several important functions: protects from direct sunlight, dims bright daylight, hides repair defects, protects against drafts, and makes the design complete. There are a great many types of curtains, several methods of fastening, as well as a lot of design options. This is the highlight of the room. With the help of beautiful curtains, you can create an atmosphere, influence the space and mood.
Features of the
Sun and golden sand - yellow color evokes such warm associations. It is popular in interior design, especially in window decoration. The variety of shades of yellow can easily decorate any window in the house. This is one of the few colors that can create a truly homey feel. Correctly selected color in combination with the general appearance of the interior will decorate not only the window, but the whole room as a whole.
Should I hang in the kitchen?
Of course yes! The kitchen is the room where the day begins with a cup of coffee and breakfast. The presence of yellow curtains in the kitchen contributes to a positive attitude, charges with solar energy, even if there is snow outside the window. A light tone visually expands the space, makes it lighter. So in the case of a small kitchen, yellow curtains are a good solution.
More often in the kitchen, you can find light air curtains. Sill-length models will create a particular color mood, but will not accentuate the window.
If the kitchen area is on the sunny side, you can consider the option of a yellow roller blind. The kitchen will be still light, but the light will be dim.
For the living room
The living room is a place where you relax with the whole family, where you invite friends. The yellow color in her is very fashionable and stylish. Even the presence of a yellow detail like curtains can change the perception of a room. A classic living room style with furniture in natural wood shades would be suitable for a golden or straw shade of curtains. The presence of a drawing on the curtains is permissible if it does not overload the general appearance of the room.
If you have decorative pillows on the sofa, then the edging on the curtains would also be relevant. The most common option is to match the color of the canvas. The bright lining on the curtains will be the star of the room interior. Taking a noble yellow shade as a basis and adding a black and gold floral pattern to the lining, you will add luxurious beauty to the living room.
The modern style of the living room, where two primary colors are taken as a basis, can be diluted with bright yellow monochromatic curtains. The hue can range from unripe pineapple to mustard tones.
Don't forget that bright spots shouldn't be eye-catching. Therefore, try to dilute the room with accessories of similar colors.
In the bedroom
A classic bedroom implies calm shades in the design of the room. The curtains of the shade of French vanilla, apricot ice cream or sand will fit well into the interior. A floral print or a printed pattern will be relevant. If the bedroom is decorated in a modern style, then the presence of bright colors on the window will give the room a fresh look. The curtain does not have to be one bright yellow color, it can be one of the horizontal or vertical stripes. In order not to focus on the window, add a few yellow elements to the decor: floor lamp, bedside rug, photo frames, bedspread.
Lemon color in combination with a white bedroom looks unusually interesting and fresh. You are guaranteed a good cheerful mood for every morning. Choose natural fabrics such as cotton or linen for your bedroom. It is important that the room breathes.
The choice of the shade of yellow and the quality of the curtains for the child's room should be taken seriously. Here, as in the bedroom, give preference to natural fabrics. Room decoration affects the emotional and psychological state. The presence of yellow curtains will have a beneficial effect on the child. This color stimulates brain activity. The child's perseverance and love of life will increase.
But the abundance of bright yellow in a child's room can be tiring, so choose a shade quieter or use rich colors wisely and dosed. Better to focus on details such as yellow curtains. Solid bright yellow curtains can be diluted with tulle with the presence of a children's theme.
If the curtains have a variegated pattern, then it would be correct to glue neutral plain wallpaper. This will not overload the room and the child will be less distracted.
Combination with other shades
This color goes well with almost all colors:
- To create your own unique style, you can combine colors in different ways. It can be two contrasting curtain fabrics, hung in tiers or vertical stripes that complement each other beautifully, or a lambrequin of the same color with encircling ribbons.
- Natural colors are in trend. The presence of yellow curtains in combination with wood is one of the most interesting options for creating comfort. Yellow and white checkered windows will add color to the house, plunge into a rustic country style. If the furniture in the bedroom is dark wood tones, then yellow-green curtains will fit perfectly. Add to these a green niche or bedside rug, yellow lamp or painting on the wall, and you will be amazed at the result and effect of oneness with nature. The base color can be light yellow or banana, and the green can be olive or spring grass.
- For dark wood furniture, tan curtains are ideal. Brown will overlap with the color of the furniture, while yellow will add a warm hue. This option will create a relaxed unity of style.
- The combination with purple in the design of the window can fit well into the interior of the bedroom, kitchen and even a children's room. In the kitchen, this can be a light yellow curtain with violet ornaments. In the children's room for a girl, a purple lambrequin and light yellow curtains can be intertwined. For the bedroom, you can consider the option of yellow-purple horizontal stripes or purple braid on a yellow curtain.
- Children's room for a boy does not have to be in the usual blue color. Yellow-blue or yellow-blue curtains will not upset, but even delight the baby, because the room will become brighter and more interesting. The alternation of blue and yellow in vertical stripes on the curtains can be considered an idea for decorating a living room. This option is good for a room in a restrained style, where you want to push the boundaries of the usual a little.
- Orange-yellow curtains will fit perfectly into any room. In the nursery, they will create a festive mood. In the living room, these curtains will create a relaxed atmosphere and add character. In combination with dark blue, this option looks especially advantageous.
A double curtain can look not only stylish, but also be functional: a light canvas can be closed to partially dim the light, and a dense blue to completely darken the room.
Yellow is the color of prosperity and wealth. It seemed like ordinary curtains, but how radically they can change the interior! This sunny color is versatile enough to suit a variety of styles. The variety of shades allows you to find the very unique tone that will fill the room with the energy of goodness and warmth. Try adding this color to your home, you will surely love the result.
For even more interesting ideas of interiors with yellow curtains, see the next video.