Each person is trying to create an ideal space around him, in which he will always be comfortable and calm. The house plays an important role in the process of life - it is not just a place where a person aspires after work, but a room in which it is pleasant to relax and spend the rest of the day. It is important that everything in the native land evokes pleasant emotions, pleases, brings pleasure. All this is possible only if the interior is drawn up correctly.
A special role in the design is played by the window space, or rather, its design. Today there is a huge assortment of curtains, each type of which can radically change the appearance of a home. Correctly selected curtains will decorate the room, attracting all the attention of guests and residents of the house. Recently, night curtains have become widespread. They became not only the protection of households from prying eyes, but also an obstacle to the direct penetration of daylight.
Features of the
Curtains that are called night curtains have a number of advantages. The first is the material of the canvas. For night curtains, this is a fairly dense fabric, a kind of barrier against exposure to ultraviolet radiation. The second characteristic feature is massiveness. This attribute of the interior has a presentable expensive look, and this is not surprising, because the night curtains should cover the entire window space.
A fabric that does not let in a single ray of sunlight is different:
- high density;
- large area;
The list of advantages of blackout curtains includes:
- Durability. The curtain does not change its original color, does not shrink, does not deform and does not change its size even after a long period of use.
- No need for ironing.
- High protective properties from sunlight. Thanks to the blackout curtains, their owners have a great opportunity to sleep as long as possible on weekends. Not a single ray of sun will pass through the thick curtains.
- Creating a comfortable indoor atmosphere.
- Soundproofing properties.
- A wide range of styles and mounting options.
- Creation of a unique and original design.
- Resistant to pollution.
- Refractoriness of fabric.
- Lack of ingredients that cause allergic reactions.
Beautiful night-type curtains have a chic look, so they can complement both modern and classic interiors.
Where is it used?
Night curtains fit into the design of a room of any style. However, different rooms need their own special types of curtains.
The notion that night curtains are only suitable for bedrooms is a mistake. Most apartments in modern cities are located in such a way that you can see through them, especially if they are located on the ground floor. Private structures overlooking the road also attract the attention of people passing by.
Therefore, by closing the blackout curtains, you can not only help your household to sleep peacefully, but also hide your personal life from prying eyes.
Bedroom curtains will make your night stay as comfortable as possible. They should be as dense as possible, long to the floor. For the kitchen, it is better to buy materials of a lighter texture that will not get very dirty. A great option is curtains of medium length.
Nighttime "sleep protectors" can be used for the hall and other rooms. During the day they will decorate the window opening, and in the evening they will create a pleasant intimate atmosphere, that is, they will transform any room, making it cozy and homely.Dark or light, classic or other type of curtains - it doesn't matter which curtains were chosen, the main thing is that their owners like them.
When looking for the perfect night curtains in the living room, nursery bedroom or in the room where adults rest, you need to pay special attention to the material from which they are made. Material for night curtains is a very important point, the degree of darkening of the room directly depends on the density of the fabric. When deciding on the curtains, it is worth thinking about where the windows of the room "look". On the south side, curtains can quickly fade, so you need to buy fabric that is resistant to the influence of ultraviolet rays. It will last much longer and better protect the interior from natural light.
In addition, it is worth paying attention to the practical side of the purchase. The fabric should be easy and quick to clean. These requirements are met by synthetic materials, for example, taffeta, micro-velor. As for natural fabrics (cotton, satin), it is better to clean them by dry cleaning.
Despite the fact that the main purpose of dense curtains is to protect the room at night and in the morning from light (moonlight, lanterns, the first rays of the sun), it is not at all necessary to buy dark-colored fabric. The color does not affect the density of the canvas. Of course, shading a room with light curtains is more difficult than dark ones, but it is possible.
Moreover, light curtains do not heat up as much under the influence of sunlight as dark ones, so the choice depends only on the preferences of the buyer. When choosing the color of the curtains, you need to focus on the color palette of the room in which they will be located. Indeed, in the interior, all the details should be in harmony with each other and ideally combined.
The ideal option for curtains is one or two shades darker or lighter than the walls. It is very rare to choose curtains in a contrasting color, and as a rule, designers make such a choice when you need to highlight a window.
Peach, sand, red, beige, light green color bring warmth and comfort to the atmosphere of the room, energize those present, and white, blue, gray - on the contrary, visually cool.
After buying curtains, you need to think about the cornice. This attribute must be strong and reliable, since it will have to hold not only heavy curtains, but also the weight of the organza / tulle, and sometimes a lambrequin.
Basic requirements for the cornice:
- it is better to choose a two-row instance so that all the elements of the window composition fit on it;
- construction material - metal. Plastic will not be able to withstand the heavy loads that will undoubtedly appear with night curtains.
- ease of use. All components of the kit (hooks, rings) should move easily without hindering the movement of the curtain fabric.
- the color of the cornice and its design must match the style of the room.
In order for the curtains to always evoke positive emotions at just one glance at them, before buying such an important accessory, you need to consider the following recommendations:
- It is important to understand which side the window of the room faces, in which the night curtains will hang. For the southern one, it is better to buy denser matter, since the sunlight in this place will linger much longer than in other rooms. Light shades are taboo.
- The material should be practical. All curtains need to be cleaned periodically, so the fabric must withstand washing, not fade after water procedures. Light-colored curtains get dirty much faster, this moment should not be missed.
- Designers recommend changing the curtains after each season. For the winter months, it is better to take a dense fabric, and for the summer-spring period, choose silk or cotton. Such a change will help diversify the internal content of the living space, refresh it.
- Curtains should not be much different from the style and color of the wall and floor covering, furniture and other interior elements.
- To keep the curtains fresh longer, you need to ventilate them from time to time. It is enough just to open the window and let the curtains move in the draft. Such a simple manipulation will help get rid of unpleasant odors that could be absorbed by the curtains and remove dust particles.
For even more interesting options for night curtains, see the next video.