The choice of color for interior items is of great importance. I would like the atmosphere of the room to be inviting and at the same time special. Take curtains for example: they are a special design accent, subtly emphasizing the chosen design idea. If their color is unique and not beaten, and the tone is chosen correctly, the right atmosphere will be created. Lilac curtains are a relevant solution, today they are in the center of attention of creative designers.
The lilac shade is unique. It comes in a violet color palette, which consists of two strong colors: red and blue. This explains the inconsistency and complexity of the shade: it includes the feminine and masculine principles, restraint and a storm of emotions.
The lilac tone is multifaceted: due to the concentration of one of two colors, albeit diluted, the shade can be warm or cold, joyful or sad, inspiring creativity or evoking despondency. This factor must be taken into account when choosing curtains, therefore, more often a neutral tone is used in the interior, in which there is a balance of two colors. It gives a feeling of relaxation and tranquility.
This shade is multifaceted, like the tones of lilac inflorescences. The color palette includes dark lilac, light lilac tones with pinkish, bluish, sometimes diluted red undertones.
Features and Benefits
Lilac curtains are versatile. This is a sought-after decorative element that can bring a sense of magic to the atmosphere and looks incredibly stylish. This shade is adored by creative and dreamy personalities. More often this is the choice of women: men are extremely categorical about designs in lilac tones, even if there is a lot of diluted blue in the shade.
In the design of the room, lilac curtains have their own nuances:
- there cannot be many colors: choosing curtains in a lilac shade, you cannot repeat it too often, since an excess of tone will become annoying;
- curtains of lilac tones are not combined with every shade of the color palette. The composition obeys certain rules, otherwise the curtains can destroy the conceived style;
- if the tone is right, it can relieve tensionassociated with breathing, suitable for asthmatics and residents of hot countries;
- when buying, it is important to take into account the correspondence of the shade and area of the room: the more space, the richer the lilac tone should be;
- colors for such curtains must be selected carefullyto create a sense of light and air. You can use a color wheel of contrasts or a scale to dilute the shades of lilac;
- this tone is not suitable for elderly people's room decoration, as it can cause depression;
- special attention should be paid to the material of the curtains: in most design ideas, it prevents the penetration of sunlight.
The pictures below show a palette for a combination of lilac with contrasting colors (a range for diluting shades of lilac) and a combination of lilac with neighboring shades.
In choosing textiles, experts advise giving preference to products made of muslin, organza, nylon, veils for curtains, flax, cotton and even dressed wool. The choice of fabric is unlimited: it can be light and airy, as well as dense materials. An interesting solution is the color and texture of the fabric (shiny, with a shimmer, print, relief).
Lilac curtains have many advantages:
- harmoniously fit into the design of an office, a special room for yoga or meditation;
- have a wide palette of diluted undertones, allowing you to add a special mood to the style with a predominance of masculine or feminine principles;
- there are laconic cut or multi-layer construction (for example, roll, Roman);
- look elegant and graceful, giving the style of the room uniqueness and bringing freshness to the interior;
- emphasize the special refined taste of the owner of the house, indicating nobility and aristocracy;
- look beautiful both straight and with folds, folds, gathered waves (velvet curtains, bases of heavy curtains);
- fit well into a different style of room decoration;
- are an independent accent and are well combined with other shades of the color palette (monochromatic and patterned);
- suitable for any room of an apartment: good in the design of a bedroom, kitchen, living room, hall, studio apartment and even on a loggia or balcony;
- depending on the intensity of the selected tone, they can visually change the area of space (relevant for small apartments);
- they are monochromatic or with a print, they echo the shades of the existing interior items;
- depending on the chosen style, they are made from textiles of natural and synthetic origin;
- differ in size, so they can be universal or model, designer, short or long;
- can decorate the room of adults and children (mostly girls).
In addition, in interior design with lilac curtains, there are various additions to the curtains. These can be covers or capes for upholstered furniture made of similar textiles, decorative cushions, poufs and much more that can be used to decorate a room by repeating the lilac shade or texture of curtains.
Since lilac curtains are versatile and look good in different styles, their main task is the correct texture and design. With a skillful choice, they will point out the idea of the following styles:
- Art Deco;
• Empire style;
• High tech.
In each case, lilac will be a soft accent that needs to be repeated through other interior items. You need to use color carefully: if the curtains are long or voluminous, a couple of small things are enough (a lamp shade for a table lamp, a flower pot, a picture frame, a pattern on the wallpaper).
When looking for a style, do not neglect the color temperature: not always warm and cold tones of lilac look good together. The design of the curtains follows the specific idea of the room.
According to experts from the field of interior decoration, lilac curtains have many opportunities for successful color harmony. The main palette is neutral. Gray, white and black paints are what you need. With the help of light colors, you can fill the room with light without interrupting the design. Black color is able to give lilac brightness, so it is relevant, but should not dominate. Giving light and emphasizing the main color's peculiarity, it is important to leave the accent on the lilac.
In addition to classic paints, lilac curtains can be combined with a beige, divorced sunny, brown tone. The main thing is to leave an advantage for the lilac: it is unacceptable to include in the design flashy and poisonous colors of the color palette, which can destroy the tenderness and harmony of style.
Such a shade can be combined with itself: the play of contrasts of saturation and concentration of the subtone (for example, pink with lilac or fuchsia is quite a beautiful combination). When adding dark shades of color, one must not forget to dilute two tones with a third, not included in the lilac group. Among these paints are beige, sand, peach, apricot, honey, amber, creamy color, as well as gold and silver.
See below for more details.
Decorating windows with lilac curtains is an exciting experience. You can feel like a real designer, taking the ideas of specialists as a basis and adding something of your own to them.
Nowhere do light lilac curtains look so beautiful as in the bedroom. If the area of the room is small enough, but you want to show its spaciousness, you can decorate the window with an asymmetric curtain with drapery in lilac tones, repeating the shade in the color of the pillows or a small sofa. In order to prevent boredom, the texture of the materials of curtains, pillows, sofa upholstery should be different.
White will help fill the room with air, used in the color of the ceiling, chandelier, bed linen, sconces and fragments of the sofa upholstery. So that the room does not look dull, it is worth adding a dark gray tone, using it in the color of pastel linen, drawing a picture, an accent zone of the wall behind the sofa.
Lilac curtains on the verge of fuchsia tone perfectly fit into the design of the kitchen-dining room. In this case, it is worth maintaining the shade lighter or even pale pink (through fresh flowers). If you do not want to be zealous with color, it is worth softening the accents by adding the silver color of the furniture (chairs, table), the pattern of the chandelier shade, kitchen utensils, and curtains. If the Minimalism style is chosen, it is better that the curtains are solid.
In the design of kitchen windows with lilac curtains, it is worth considering a few points:
- if the kitchen area is small, it is better to choose curtains in white tones with a rich lilac pattern;
- light openwork tulle of delicate lilac color looks harmoniously in the interior of the kitchen;
- green-lilac curtains are a good choice of a component for the kitchen (it is worth supporting the tones with fresh flowers by placing them on the windowsill);
- without white, a lilac tone cannot create a good atmosphere in the kitchen.
Living room nuances
Lilac curtains in the living room require careful selection so as not to shock yourself and guests with flashy decoration, but to show a unique style. When choosing curtains for the hall, it is worth keeping in mind that they must be expensive, as well as accessories for them. To demonstrate a special status, you will need dense soft lilac textiles and two mandatory components of a status color combination: gray and brown shades.
When decorating the living room windows with lilac curtains, it is worth considering: for ladies, it is worth adding pink to the design, if there is a man in the house - always gray, in a small room - white or sunny.
A bright, but at the same time soft design can be created by combining a lilac shade with apricot. This choice will appeal to high school girls: the accent of the room will be designer curtains made of a voile in contrasting stripes, framed with lilac edging. You can support the shades of the curtains with decorative pillows or flower vases. According to the rule of color composition, two more tones should be added to lilac and apricot: brown and beige.
Since lilac in this case is dominant, it must be emphasized harmoniously by adding a light armchair and a curbstone, giving brightness with a carpet, sofa upholstery or vase. A contrasting pillow of dark green color will help to bring a little chaos into the atmosphere: it will indicate the individuality of character, emphasizing the joy of life.