Nowadays, designers often use blinds when creating modern interiors. The reason for this choice of specialists is simple - aesthetics and comfort. In addition, suitable blinds can be selected for any stylistic orientation of the interior. I would especially like to highlight the wooden models of such curtains, which are distinguished by their environmental friendliness, practicality and beauty.
Features and Benefits
Everyone knows that the main quality of blinds is their level of protection of the room from the penetration of excessive amounts of ultraviolet radiation there. Of course, now this thing has begun to perform not only a practical, but also an aesthetic function. In particular, blinds made of wood are able to create a warm and cozy atmosphere in the room, dosing and "softening" the sunlight. In addition, they are an absolutely environmentally friendly product (in contrast to plastic models), if, of course, all the requirements of GOST were met during the manufacturing process.
Wooden blinds will become a good decoration detail not only for creating the interior of living rooms, but also for offices or offices. They can complement the design idea for both classic and modern interiors.
Lamellas (strips, the connection of which is formed by blinds) in such products, respectively, are made of wood, after which they are impregnated with a variety of protective substances. At the final stage, the blinds are assembled, that is, a certain number of lamellas are combined into a single canvas. The most popular now are wooden blinds with a slat width of 0.25 or 0.5 cm.
The advantages of wooden blinds over other similar products made from other materials:
- Aesthetic effect. They bring an element of originality to any interior and look stylish on any kind of windows;
- Environmentally friendly raw materials… These blinds do not contain toxic substances or heavy metals, so they do not cause any harm to health. Suitable for installation in a children's room;
- Durability… The thickness of the slats in wooden blinds is usually at least 3 mm. Such a product will serve for a long time, without the need for special care (especially models of the Ikea and Inspire brands);
- High protection rooms from exposure to sunlight. Due to the peculiarities of the source material and design, blinds made of wood better protect the room from ultraviolet rays;
- Versatility. Wooden blinds will successfully fit into almost any interior. They create a harmonious combination with any piece of furniture or curtains, since different types of raw materials are used in their production. Therefore, when making a design project using wooden blinds, it is easy to come up with a variety of interesting combinations. It is believed that the most successful "neighborhood" for such products will be furniture and curtains made from natural materials;
- Persistence to the harmful effects of the environment. Their structure is not destroyed by sudden temperature changes;
- Easy to operate. Caring for wooden blinds does not require the use of any special products.They are controlled in manual and automatic mode.
Many people are afraid to purchase wooden blinds, thinking that they will look too simple on the windows. This is a common misconception. On the contrary, they add a touch of sophistication and nobility to even the most ordinary interior in terms of style. Feng Shui supporters will confirm that according to ancient oriental philosophy, a tree is considered a symbol of constant personal growth and material well-being. In addition, wood is a classic that is unlikely to ever go out of style.
The cost of wooden blinds is relatively high, but considering all the positive properties of this item, the money spent will definitely pay off in the form of a feeling of comfort in the room and high quality of the product.
There are the following types of wooden blinds:
Horizontal. They consist of narrow slats joined by a ladder made of rope material or fabric. These blinds look very elegant. Another undoubted advantage of horizontal blinds is that they can be hung directly on the window. This greatly simplifies the installation process and saves space
Vertical. Products of this type of construction consist of wide slats. The material from which they are made is wicker wood. Such blinds are perfect for decorating rooms in which you need to create an atmosphere of home comfort, for example, living rooms, kitchens, dining rooms, etc
Wooden vertical blinds are often used to create design structures. in oriental, ethnic and country styles
In such interiors, they bring a touch of mysterious exoticism. Although, when decorating small-sized rooms, it is better not to use them, since there they will look too cumbersome.
Rolled. As a raw material for the manufacture of such products, manufacturers use wicker wood or pressed bamboo. They look very sophisticated and can be combined with almost all types of curtains
Now there is a huge selection of wooden blinds from different types of wood, including very rare ones (for example, rosewood or mahogany).
One of the most important points in preparing for the purchase of blinds is the measurement of the window. It seems to many that this is a simple matter and there is nothing complicated about it. However, not only the general appearance of the window, but also the interior of the room as a whole will depend on how accurately the measurements are taken. After all, the lighting of a living or work space is always taken into account by the designer when decorating the interior. The ideal option is if the window is measured by a specialist. Usually such a service is provided free of charge by companies involved in the sale and installation of blinds.
How to wash?
Wooden blinds do not need difficult maintenance, but it is important to remember that they cannot be washed with water. This not only distorts the color of the lamellae, but also deforms their structure. It is necessary to remove dust from such products using dry or slightly damp rags. You can also vacuum them regularly with a suitable nozzle. There are a number of special products designed for the care of wood products, they are also suitable for cleaning blinds from dirt.
How to hang?
Before starting work, you need to make sure that you have all the necessary elements of the product. To do this, they must be removed from the packaging and checked against the declared complete set.
The next steps:
Determine the installation position of the blinds. This can be internal installation (the product is installed in the inner part of the window opening), external (the blinds are mounted outside the window), ceiling (the area where the blinds are installed is the ceiling above the window)
When choosing an installation position, it is necessary to take into account not only the design problem, but also the structure of the wall, otherwise the installation will be complicated by additional difficulties.
- When it comes to internal installation, the size of the wooden planks should correspond to the inside of the frame, and the brackets should be on top. For outdoor installation, the blinds must cover the frame and the brackets are fixed above it to the wall.
- For ceiling-mounted blinds, the planks also overlap the frame and the bracket is located on the ceiling above the window. The question of whether it is necessary to use anchors intended for attaching brackets during the installation of wooden blinds is decided depending on the type of wall. In order to install them, you need to make holes of the appropriate size in the places where you plan to attach the mounting brackets.
- Next, you need to insert the anchor there. For massive models of wooden blinds, you need to use anchors for a large load.
- The next step is to install the side brackets. These are cubic elements with one side open. On the other hand, they have a kind of door.
- To attach the side brackets, they must be attached to the pre-made marks. It is located with the door outward and, accordingly, the open part to the inner surface of the window.
- Next, remove the cover from it with a screwdriver. Then you need to attach the side bracket with screws, which should be included with the blinds.
- Now you need to properly attach the support bracket. It is fixed in the middle of the window opening. Before installation, you need to determine the middle between the side brackets, since the support is attached in line with them. When this point is determined, you need to make a mark at this place.
- Using a level, it is necessary to double-check whether the pencil marks are made evenly enough. If the center-mounted support bracket will make it difficult to work with other parts of the product, then it can be moved slightly to the side.
- Next, you need to insert the top rail into the brackets. At this moment, a characteristic click should be heard. Naturally, the blinds must be secured closed.
- After that, you need to unfold the bracket flaps. Remember, do not improvise, follow the installation algorithm, which is set out in the complete instructions, since there are a number of product features inherent in a certain brand of the manufacturer of wooden blinds.
- Now we turn to fastening the valence. This part should be at the top of the window. Its main function is to hide the brackets.
- Some manufacturers include a special case for it as standard. Also, this structural element can be fixed using magnetic partitions. In this process, it is also important to strictly adhere to the instructions.
- Next, you need to attach a cane - a part of the blind design, thanks to which you can adjust the position of the flaps when turning. To fix it, you need to find a hook mechanism located under the wall mount.
- The next step is to install the cord strap. It is located on the side of the window or on top. The bar is fastened with screws that are included in the package. The final stage is the installation of the pressure bracket.
- Many manufacturers of wooden blinds equip their products with lower pressure brackets, the function of which is to prevent the slats from moving when the blinds are closed.
Examples in the interior
Wooden blinds are not only protection from an extra "portion" of light, but also a decor that has a great influence on the aesthetic and stylistic perception of the interior as a whole. They have the ability, as it were, to balance the interior: they add noble simplicity and warmth to the pretentious rich, and grace to the modest one. Also, wood blinds can harmoniously fit into various modernist styles: Hi-tech and Minimalism will no longer be so "cold" thanks to them.
For a country interior, horizontal wooden blinds are a very expressive detail that emphasizes the unity with nature. Also, this product is able to have a soothing effect due to the peculiarities of the lighting and the specific structure of the tree. Wooden blinds can also enrich the business interior of a personal office or office. They look very respectable and reduce the level of working stress.
Despite the fact that wooden blinds are considered a very fashionable element of decor in our time, they are the most ancient type of blinds. Previously, the palette of these products was not as rich as it is now. They were made from expensive types of wood, which determined their high strength. Over time, wooden blinds began to gain wide popularity in many countries and eminent designers began to include them in their author's compositions.
Shades of wooden blinds can be both familiar to the layman's eye, and very unexpected. The most popular among buyers are colors. cherry, oak, mahogany, white and wenge… Science does not stand still, so the authors of developments in this direction regularly create original color solutions, which are gaining popularity in the shortest possible time. Nowadays, the technology of manufacturing wood blinds allows them to be painted with substances that do not carry any environmental threat to humans and are resistant to intense exposure to ultraviolet rays.
Among the reviews describing the customer experience of buying wooden blinds, positive ones prevail. As the main advantages of this product, consumers note the undoubted aesthetic effect in the house, ease of care and natural material. Also, buyers mention the high strength of the product compared to plastic counterparts.
See below for more details.