Artificial lighting in your home is very important. It not only decorates the interior, but also creates a special mood. One of the types of lamps is a sconce made of glass. It is worth figuring out what the features of this product are, where you can place such products.
What it is?
A sconce is a lighting fixture that is placed on the wall. Often such a product resembles a lever or a handle.
Now on the lighting market there are many options for this type of luminaire. The following varieties can be distinguished:
- classic forms;
- modern models.
Features of the
A feature of glass sconces is that these lamps can perform several functions:
- Act as the main lighting. This is possible in small spaces.
- Act as local lighting. With the help of such products, you can highlight certain places or visually divide a room into zones.
- Add mood to the atmosphere. With the help of a sconce, you can create an atmosphere of romance, make the atmosphere more intimate.
- Decorative. Often in classic interiors, sconces only play the role of decoration, they do not perform any functions.
In addition, the glass on the sconce can be of two types: transparent and frosted. In this case, matte shades will scatter light, and transparent ones will let it through as much as possible.
Modern models of lamps of this type imply the use of an energy saving system. This will reduce energy consumption.
Such a lighting fixture can be used even in minimalism. In this case, simple rectangular shapes are preferred. It is recommended to choose the color of the plafond in the same shade as the walls.
How to choose?
The choice of glass sconces is influenced by several factors:
- It should fully match the style of the room.
- The lamp base should be standard, this will make it easy to replace the light bulb in the device.
- With this luminaire, you can visually change the geometry of the room. If you have low ceilings in your room, then you should give preference to the device, the glass shade of which is directed upwards.
- If a picture is illuminated with a sconce, then it is better to use glass with a matte finish, as it will extinguish glare on the work of art.
- To illuminate the mirror, use two lights (both sides of the attribute). In this case, the light should be bright, but not dazzle, so that the image in the mirror is clear.
- When choosing, it is worth determining how to turn on and off the device. In some cases, it is more convenient to do this with a cord - for example, when placing the device in the sleeping area. And sometimes the most appropriate option is a button.
Glass wall lamps are usually produced in the same style as chandeliers. If you plan on using both items, it is best to purchase the set straight away.
How to post?
If you decide to hang a sconce, then you should carry out electrical wiring to the lamp at the repair stage. This is due to the fact that most models are powered by the mains. Accommodation options:
- If sconce is selected for bedroom and performs the function of a night light, the device should be placed at a distance of 130-160 cm from the floor. This will allow you to turn off and on the lamp without getting out of bed.
- In the kitchen you can place the sconce above the table. This will not only highlight the dining area, but also provide intimate lighting for a romantic dinner.
- Sconce is often used for lighting stairs. This will not only help illuminate the steps, but also make the interior more original.
- In the corridor you can hang the lamps on one wall or place them in parallel - on both sides. This will visually enlarge the passage.
What style will it fit?
Glass wall sconces (thanks to the wide range of these devices) can fit into almost any interior:
For bohemian baroque and rococo wall lamps with various wrought iron elements are suitable. In this case, the plafonds should have a shape that resembles a "bat" lamp or a candle. A great option here would be a Murano glass lamp
For country and provence styles it is better to choose a sconce of simple shapes, a device with a shade made of colored glass (in the form of a cylinder) will look great here
- The use of sconces is permissible not only in the classics. Contemporary interior designs also allow the use of these devices.
- Hi-tech style chrome surface-mounted luminaires are used. The glass here can be either matte or transparent.
Such a lighting device can even be used in minimalism. In this case, simple rectangular shapes are preferred. It is recommended to choose the color of the plafond in the same shade as the walls
For loft style suitable metal sconces, shades of which are made in the form of cans
To learn how to make a loft style glass sconce with your own hands, see the next video.
The range of sconces with glass shades on the Russian market is huge. It is worth considering the most interesting design solutions:
"11 Model Lampu Gantung Unik Menarik". Fancy wall lamp for a modern interior in bright colors, made of colored glass. Such a device will give you a good mood for the whole day
- Odeon Light 2167 / 1W. The plafond of this lamp is made in the form of a mosaic. Such an element will not only be functional, it will become a bright spot in the interior.
- Grace AP2 from Italian Design Studio. The luminaire is a square made of glass (white and black). The simple shapes and laconicism of this sconce make it possible to use it in various modern styles, including in the avant-garde.
- Homeli Designwrld. Sconce made in the shape of a bird. For its embodiment, white frosted glass and gold-colored metal were used. Ideal for decorating a room in an animalistic style.
- "Foscarini Caboche Wall Medium Silver". The wall lamp is made of oversized glass crystals. Perfectly diffuses light, creating a unique atmosphere. Perfect for decorating a bedroom in a glamorous style.