Curtains are an essential element in creating a modern interior. The illumination and the appearance of the room as a whole depend on their color. Brown curtains can update a room, bring exoticism or restraint. This article will tell you about the characteristic features of curtains of this color.
Features of the
Buyers associate brown curtains with nature, severity and confidence. This is what determines their popularity. They can add restraint or romance to the interior. The main thing is to know about the features of these curtains, to enjoy the advantages and to bypass color flaws. And then you will be able to create a harmonious atmosphere in the room.
- brown curtains are versatile and, unlike light-colored fabrics, are easy to clean;
- warm colors give the house a feeling of security, warmth and comfort;
- thick brown curtains protect well from sunlight during the day and from street lamps at night;
- this is the best option for the background: this color perfectly complements many colors and does not draw attention to itself;
- brown fabrics with gold or silver shades look expensive and noble, and also add light.
- can visually reduce space. Therefore, in small rooms it is better to use sand and light chocolate shades;
- the bedroom will become too dark and gloomy due to the abundance of cold brown tones.
In different rooms
Brown curtains are a versatile element for decorating different rooms. They are especially suitable for all kinds of wooden furniture. Night curtains and light translucent tulles, canvases of various lengths and ornaments perfectly decorate any room. All the variety of design options is limited solely by the designer's imagination and sense of proportion. In a room with a strict formal style, it is best to hang light brown Roman blinds. They go well with rattan furniture and light colored walls.
If the living room windows face the sunny side, then bamboo curtains are a good option. On the one hand, they protect from light, and on the other, they do not make the room look like a bath.
For lovers of classic options, dark brown Italian curtains with a pattern are suitable.
Fabrics in brown shades are suitable for the bedroom as night curtains to protect from light. Warm tones will give you comfort, and cold tones will bring peace. Dark brown curtains with a lambrequin will add zest to a room with a white ceiling and light wallpaper.
And golden brown curtains with oriental decorations will create a magical Moroccan style.
In the kitchen, dark brown tulle is not the best option. Firstly, most kitchens are small in size, and a dark shade further reduces the space. Secondly, light matter develops from the slightest gust of wind, and its bottom can be next to the plate. There are many alternatives to these curtains.
Light brown roller blinds are a practical model that takes up much less space than regular tulle.
Another type of them is “Day-Night” roller blinds of a chocolate shade. With their help, you can adjust the flow of light and save space on the windowsill.
In addition to the variety of shades of brown curtains, there is a division of them by style. Different types have their own distinctive features and are suitable for certain interior styles. Consider the main modern curtain styles.
The most common type of curtain design is a free hanging cloth with or without a simple pattern. This option can cover all windows or frame it on the sides. For such brown curtains, such additional elements as ovaries, fringe, lambrequin are characteristic. Often brown curtains are used to decorate bedrooms, living rooms and children's rooms.
This is a dark brown or light colored fabric with a lifting mechanism. When curled, the material bends and folds. Unlike the classic look, Roman curtains fit snugly against the glass of the window, so they are used in small spaces.
They are frames with a tightly stretched fabric, for example, with a coffee-colored flower pattern. The rigid frame prevents the curtains from folding when moved. Because of their simple design, they are used to complement Minimalist rooms.
Brown curtains with stripes represent a fabric that gathers in folds. The Austrian type of product, unlike other types, is assembled only from the bottom. Such curtains, despite their dark color, add elements of lightness to the interior.
Combinations with other colors
The combination of colors in the interior is as important as the choice of the curtains themselves. Brown curtains are wonderfully combined with white, blue and light green colors of the living room. However, for some shades of green, it is better to choose not dark, but light curtains with a matte surface:
Golden brown option curtains can be diluted with spectacular accessories and furniture in orange, light green or red. And when decorating a room in neutral tones, caramel curtains with beige ornaments are usually selected
If your entire living room is made in brown shades, pearl, silver and pale pink elements will be a good addition to the curtains of this color. Such solutions add spice and brightness to the dreary atmosphere.
- Caramel tulles harmonize well with beige, light blue, cream and purple wallpapers. Purple, like green, requires careful and thoughtful selection. Brown glossy curtains will suit him. Caramel tulle gives the greatest effect in combination with a black and white interior.
- Another great option: light green wallpaper and coffee curtains with turquoise or olive furniture … In order not to get tired of such a rich color in the interior, very little is added. Pairing with turquoise may sound risky, but it is often used to create a Mediterranean look.
How to choose?
To answer this question, you need to pay attention to the features of the brown color, the location, the shape of the curtains and their material. We considered the first two points above, so we will pay attention to others.
Shapes of brown curtains:
- single and multi-layer strict fabric curtains of various colors, shades and material density. With the right combination of colors, this shape is suitable for almost all rooms;
- lambrequins - decorative window decoration, located horizontally relative to the top of the curtains. Combined with the first type of curtains, they are used in halls, living rooms and kitchens;
- asymmetrical curtains with an unusual shape and length are often placed in the bedroom;
- roller curtains made of dense material, which are rolled into a roll, are hung both in living rooms and in offices;
- curtains "Cafe" are short curtains that are usually used to decorate kitchens.
- cotton, linen, satin - natural fabrics of plant origin. They are placed in children's rooms and bedrooms;
- satin, silk - natural fabrics, capricious in terms of care, but give a rich look to brown curtains;
- viscose, polyester - fabrics obtained by chemical means. Unlike natural fibers, they have a dense texture, are durable and are cheaper;
- Blackout is an opaque fabric made using a special fiber weaving technology. Tricolor Blackout looks interesting and has high wear resistance;
- chiffon, organza - a thin, weightless material that creates soft folds;
- brocade, velvet - dense, heavy and expensive materials, often used to create night curtains.
The variety of modern materials for curtains does not allow describing all of them, since in addition to the fabrics described above, there are combinations of them. To increase the service life, the canvases can be treated with special solutions.
Curtains in the color of coffee with milk dilute the white walls and furniture, and with dark draperies effectively frame the window and block out the sunlight.
Striped curtains in brown tones go well with dark furnishings and wooden floors. They tie all the colors of the room into a single composition. This option works best for framing a large window.
Copper colored satin curtains and a red kitchen set are the perfect combination for the kitchen.
To save space, you can use roll wallpaper. Ergonomic and compact to complement the Provence style interior.
Brown curtains are also suitable for all kinds of offices. They emphasize the strict business atmosphere of such a room.
For how brown colors look in the interior of the bedroom, see the next video.