Curtains are an integral part of the interior. It is they who set the tone for the whole room and maintain the overall style; they are present in any apartment and can be of any color. In our article we will look at turquoise curtains.
Features of the
The name of the color comes from the mineral turquoise. This color can be described as aqua, the color of the ocean with light greens and light blues. It symbolizes calmness, peace. Very often it is associated with a nautical theme and is chosen to create an interior in a nautical style.
The turquoise color helps to create a fresh atmosphere in the room. Despite the fact that it looks quite expensive, it does not overload the overall appearance of the room. This color has a number of advantages:
- With proper use, it can even be added to a classic interior, transforming a room;
- Turquoise has been shown to stimulate creativity;
- Stress relief and light relaxation are what gives the turquoise color when used in the bedroom;
- By changing the lighting in the room, you can change the shade of the color.
Combinations with other colors
Two or three basic colors are enough to create a truly stylish interior. The turquoise color is very saturated, so the question of combining with other colors should be approached competently.
We'll take a look at the primary colors that turquoise matches perfectly:
- Turquoise + brown. When choosing such a combination, the room will look filled with warmth, home comfort. A bright accent of turquoise color will look very advantageous against the background of a calm brown shade. The brown color can range from the color of milk chocolate to very dark shades.
- Chocolate turquoise the combination is easy to create with the use of turquoise cushions and a brown leather sofa, for example. To create a more stylish interior, you can add honey notes, let it be a floor lamp or a voluminous vase.
- Turquoise + beige. This option is suitable for creating a lighter interior. Light shades of the walls have the ability to expand the space. Both a muted turquoise color and a very saturated one will look very advantageous. Choosing a combination of beige + turquoise, start from the very purpose of the room. To maintain a holistic perception of the room, do not forget about such decorative elements as bedspreads, pillows, armchairs. Their shade should completely match the shade of the curtains.
- Turquoise + white. A very fresh, light, uplifting combination. Your room will be filled with coolness and sea freshness. A bright contrasting combination of snow-white color with turquoise is ideal for almost any room. When choosing, stop at the predominant amount of white and very few turquoise elements. In this case, bright curtains and a few cushions or bedspreads will suffice.
Choice of fabric
Windows are both a natural source of light and the visual center of the entire room. It is very important what kind of fabric the windows will be decorated with, since the comfort of being in the room and its appearance depend on it.
For the correct choice of fabric, it is worth examining the functions of window decoration:
- Light protection. If your room is on the sunny side of the house, go for heavy, lined curtains. They will prevent color from entering and protect furniture from fading;
- Draft protection. Velvet and tweed are ideal fabrics to keep air out of your living space. These fabrics will help insulate against unpleasant cold air currents;
- Protection against extraneous sounds … Use jacquard, brocade, satin;
- Light scattering. Choose lightweight curtain fabrics such as cotton, linen, polyester. They will gently diffuse light throughout the day.
Before you finally decide on a particular fabric, do not forget to read the rules of care. For example, choosing curtains made of chintz, be prepared for the fact that they will not last very long, as they may lose their presentable appearance due to frequent washing. Velvet curtains need careful and gentle care, when choosing them, keep in mind that you will need dry cleaning services.
It is easiest to care for fabrics that are machine washable. In the case of turquoise color, this is quite important, since the machine washable allows you to use special gels with a bright color protection function.
Living room use
Turquoise curtains can look completely different in different rooms. First, we will look at their use in the hall. The living room is the center of the whole house. This room is most often seen by guests. Using turquoise in it is the right choice when you want to create a stylish and cozy room.
In a bright room, place color accents so that they are evenly distributed throughout the space. We have already said that for a stylish interior it is worth sticking to 3-4 basic colors.
When choosing curtains, give preference to the classic, simple and straight cut. Accentuate the beauty of vibrant turquoise curtains with a matching sofa or cushions. Add a bright carpet, vases, photo frames. Observe moderation, otherwise it will be difficult to be in a too colorful room. Try to avoid shades of bright scarlet color, this combination looks too defiant.
In the bedroom
In the bedroom you always want peace and special comfort. Choose a muted turquoise color for a quiet and homely environment. Place a blanket or bedspread in the same shade of turquoise on the bed. Wicker baskets, soft volumetric pillows, light floor lamps, a small turquoise ottoman - this is what will ideally be combined in a bedroom with turquoise curtains.
Add some pastel colors for the perfect match. For this, pale pink, grassy green, sky blue, pale yellow are ideal.
In the kitchen
The color of turquoise looks very interesting and stylish in the kitchen. These can be long blackout curtains up to the floor, or vice versa, lightweight curtains made of weightless fabric. For the kitchen, bright saturated shades of turquoise are perfect. You can experiment and try combining turquoise with an equally vibrant color such as yellow or bright green.
On the table, place a vase to match the curtains or tablecloth. Do not forget that it is important not to overdo it and keep the color balance in everything.
Great for the kitchen and roller blinds. This is ideal if your kitchen is on the sunny side of the house. Such curtains practically do not fade, which means that the bright color will remain for a long time.
In the nursery
A great option for those who are tired of the banal pink room for a girl and blue for a boy. The use of turquoise in the nursery is unusual and very beautiful.
Both roller blinds and eyelets are suitable for the nursery. For a girl, add soft pink to the turquoise fabric for French curtains and other layered options.
For a boy, let it be a combination of blue and turquoise. Create a nautical room. To do this, choose a combination of white, navy blue and turquoise. For curtains, you can pick up small decorative elements in the form of anchors, steering wheels or starfish.
How to choose the right one?
When choosing turquoise curtains, the following features should be considered:
- Start from the general style of the room. Stop your choice on a plain fabric if there is a wallpaper with a pattern in the room. If on the contrary, then it is worth choosing curtains with a print, printed, textured;
- The shade of turquoise is great for almost any kind of curtain. It can be Roman, Japanese, French, roll and many others;
- When choosing, pay attention to those bright elements of the room that are already there. To create a comfortable atmosphere in the room, just a couple of bright elements of turquoise color are enough;
- In a wooden house, a light turquoise shade will look more interesting. To create a Provence style, for example, in the kitchen, choose curtains with a small pattern. Match them with a tablecloth or pillows for chairs;
- To keep the room not too dark, choose the right fabric. You should not use dense velvet in a small space, especially if the room is on the north side of the house;
- If a cold shade prevails in the interior, then it is better to refuse the turquoise color, because most likely, the general appearance of the room will be too uncomfortable.
One of the most popular options is placing turquoise curtains on the eyelets. This is due to the ease of use, easy maintenance and stylish appearance. Located from the ceiling to the very bottom, turquoise curtains become a bright, attractive center of the room. They seem to stretch out space and expand it.
Turquoise curtains do not have to be solid colors. Pay attention to the combined options, where a solid color and a print are combined. It also looks very stylish and unconventional.
Use turquoise curtains with a different color fabric. As we already mentioned, it can be brown, beige, white and other colors. Use layering.
Combinations of orange and purple look unusual. Do not forget about the texture of the fabric, it also plays a big role. Thick printed curtains with a pattern look completely different than lightweight, weightless and transparent ones. Add additional details in the form of brushes, pendants, grabs. Maybe you will be able to choose the same floor lamp or pillows in the set for the curtains.
Play with color, shades and you will get a completely unique interior. Even if initially you did not plan to use turquoise curtains in the interior, then you can easily repeat some of the ideas from this article. Renew your room and breathe new life into it without spending a lot of money and effort. New bright curtains will literally transform the space.
For more interior design ideas with turquoise curtains, see the next video.