In warm weather, many people face such a problem as annoying insects. They do not give rest both in the country or in a private house, and in a city apartment. Previously, it was customary to cope with such a problem with the help of various chemical aerosols, but now it is scientifically proven that all of them have a negative impact on human health. Now there is a more environmentally friendly and convenient way to fight insects - curtains with magnets that can be hung on windows or doors and thus easily protect yourself from insects.
Design feature and principle of operation
Magnetic mosquito curtains have replaced the old nets that were often hung on windows and doors. Such a replacement was simply necessary, because these nets were rather difficult to remove when they were no longer needed, and to reinstall them. That is why manufacturers have presented devices that can be easily removed and hung whenever you want, because they are easily attached to frames and are held by magnets.
Also earlier, doors were installed that closed the passages through which mosquitoes and other insects could fly in, but they block the access of fresh air from the street, and anti-mosquito curtains act differently.
With their help, you can get rid of annoying insects very easily, and you can install them both on doors and purchase a similar design for windows.
The curtains with magnets against insects are presented in the form of two canvases that are fixed to window and door frames. Such a mesh is very thin and light, translucent, it is somewhat reminiscent of the well-known tulle. The design is fixed in the following way: two canvases are fastened using push pins or double-sided tape, some also fix them, decorating with a decorative lambrequin. The curtains themselves are secured to the rest of the opening using several equally spaced magnets or magnetic strips. The mesh itself is very thin and pleasant to the touch.
If you hang such a curtain in the doorway, you will not have to take any additional action in order to simply go through it, it will easily move apart and then be magnetized back. It will also be convenient for you to pass through such a doorway even if your hands are busy. In addition, this mesh does not pose any difficulties for the passage of animals and children. Therefore, the principle of operation of such a curtain is very simple, its use is very convenient and practical in everyday life. There are usually heavier magnets at the ends - weights that attach very quickly back to the opening.
Such a curtain protects not only from insects, but also from dust. Some fairly dense products also provide excellent sound insulation.
Such curtains are very diverse in design. They can be small or large in size, thick or thin in texture. In size, curtains measuring 210 cm in height and 95 cm in width are usually installed on the door, and smaller ones are hung on the windows. There are also mosquito doors - designs that open not only at the bottom, but also completely. Such products are denser and larger, and they also differ in their price. The most popular are double-sided curtains that open and close thanks to dotted magnets or tape. These devices are installed on special guides that are located on the outside of such curtains.
Advantages and disadvantages
Most often, buyers and manufacturers indicate that such a device has much more advantages than disadvantages:
- So, the big plus of the design is that it able to close the entire doorway or a window frame, tightly magnetizing to them, which provides the most reliable barrier against flies and mosquitoes compared to other means of protection.
- Its advantage is that even during your passage through the doorway insects will not have time to fly, because both parts quickly open when you pass through such a curtain and just as quickly return to their place, sharply and tightly adhering to the frame or jamb. Therefore, you do not have to close it yourself and check how tightly it is fixed.
Also, the advantage of such a product there is that it perfectly transmits light and air, so it is convenient to hang it in the country in the summer season.
- But despite this, itself the product is durable, because it is made of high quality synthetics.
- Now manufacturers present a huge number of such products, you can pick them up by design and color to your taste and for a certain interior.
- Such curtains are completely do not interfere with the ventilation of the room, so they are great for use in hot weather. Also, thanks to them, street debris and leaves, as well as poplar fluff, do not get into the house.
- Manufacturers make such curtains from special materials that resistant to external influencessuch as high temperature and humidity, and exposure to sunlight. Such a curtain cannot be disrupted by the wind, since it has a reliable fastening.
Despite all the advantages of magnetic curtains, some also point to their disadvantages:
- So, buyers complain about quality problems with some mosquito nets, because they often purchase such products in China, ordering them via the Internet, and then, after use, indicate that these nets are torn and worn out very quickly. The solution to this problem is to buy only high-quality and reliable products from trusted manufacturers. Also, the disadvantage is that in some cases their equipment is incomplete, the magnets can be quickly lost, so you need to check whether all their elements are in place.
- Some low-quality models have the following defect: the magnets on them are not positioned correctly, therefore, such curtains are not attracted to the doorway, but, on the contrary, are repelled from it.
This flaw is also not difficult to eliminate by swapping the magnets, but when buying, you also need to be careful to avoid buying a low-quality product.
- Another small minus - not all meshes have a variety of designs, because the designs that are attached to the clips are usually presented only in a neutral gray color, but the products with magnetic strips can be of various designs and colors.
- Also, the disadvantage of such curtains can be considered the fact that some of these products are only available in classic size, therefore, if your doors and windows are non-standard, then the choice of such a mesh will be difficult for you. In this case, you have to make additional inserts, but this way you can spoil the mesh. Also, insects can easily enter the room through such inserts. In this case, many people prefer to order such nets according to individual parameters, but then the price for them rises greatly, while standard factory products are much more budgetary.
- Another disadvantage is that sometimes fasteners such as tape or buttons may not hold heavier curtains well, therefore, you should not always rely on the accessories that come with such curtains, it is better to purchase more reliable tools in advance.
What to look for when choosing?
Not all buyers come across high-quality and reliable magnetic curtains, therefore, in order not to buy an ineffective product, one should very carefully study such a product and check its complete set.
It is best to purchase them in ordinary, not online stores, this is necessary so that you yourself can make sure of the reliability of such a design.
There are other recommendations:
- When ordering from reliable websites, it should be possible to familiarize yourself with the product before you purchase it.
- Also, before purchasing such items from a particular brand, initially read the reviews for your chosen model and find out as much as possible about it. In no case do not strive to purchase very cheap nets, because the price may affect their quality. It is better to choose curtains made of durable, dense synthetic material.
- Buying a mosquito magnetic curtain on the door, be sure to consider the size of the doorway, because not all such products may suit you. Try to purchase models that most accurately, down to millimeters, fit your window or door, otherwise this product will not fulfill its main tasks.
- When choosing such products, consider which design will be more convenient for you: on magnetic tape or on weights - magnets from below. The latter option opens and closes faster, but the first is easier, so first weigh the pros and cons, choosing a specific model.
- Also when choosing consider the design of the roominto which you install such a construct. Too bright nets can look ridiculous, so it is better to purchase curtains made in lighter and muted colors.
There are two ways in which you can magnetically attach mosquito nets. This curtain can be installed as follows:
- First, in the middle of the canvas, you need to make a small incision and insert a magnet into it, which will act as a load, and you also need to push the magnetic tape along its entire length into it.
- Then the same procedure must be carried out with the second half of such a curtain, so that a magnet or tape passes through it.
- After that, you need to glue double-sided tape on those surfaces of the curtain that will be fixed to the entrance passage or to the window frame, and you should press the mesh very tightly so that it fits smoothly and securely to such a frame.
It is important to make sure that the mesh is not obliquely positioned and that all magnets are installed exactly opposite each other.
A small distance should be left between the underside of the curtain and the floor, only one or two millimeters, and then it will be possible to decorate such a mesh with various elements on the upper part of the window or door. So you can install this mesh on plastic, iron or wooden frames
The second mounting option is simpler and faster, it is suitable for small curtains. They can only be attached to wooden frames using the buttons that are usually included with such a product. Having secured the curtain on the right side, you just have to correctly position it in the opening. Thus, you can reliably protect yourself from insects.
Most demanded in the market:
- The manufacturer is very popular Unibob … The curtains from this brand differ in their low price, models measuring 150 by 150 cm cost about 350 rubles. The kit includes the mesh itself, as well as fasteners in the form of Velcro and magnets. Unibob blinds are made of durable polyester.
- Another popular manufacturer is Magic mesh … He introduces the magnetically resistant insect curtains made of durable synthetic materials. The huge advantage of the models from this brand is that they are very light - their weight is only 200 grams. The manufacturer presented a huge selection of curtains in color and design. The cost of curtains measuring 210 by 94 cm is about 500 rubles.
- Very high quality and durable curtains with a magnetic structure are presented by the manufacturer Rosenberg … These products are very popular because they can serve for more than one year. This is due to the fact that they include not only synthetic fibers, but also aluminum ones. The cost of such products is from 1000 to 1500 rubles, but it corresponds to their quality.
- One of the best manufacturers of magnetic curtains is also the company Leomax … He represents a very wide variety of such nets, mainly models of black and gray colors, but there are also more bright and unusual curtains in design. Leomax products are made of high quality synthetics, so they are also quite reliable. Their cost does not exceed 1000 rubles.
Care of the product
It is very easy to care for such curtains. Most of the models do not have certain restrictions on care, in addition, such curtains are often changed without leaving them for several years, because their cost is low.
For magnetic curtains, both dry and wet cleaning are acceptable.
In the first case, they are cleaned with a vacuum cleaner with a soft nozzle or an ordinary non-hard brush, and in the second case, they are wiped with a damp cloth, sponge and even washed. They can be washed not only by hand, but also in a washing machine in normal mode, only before that it is necessary to remove the magnets-holders from the structure.
For information on how to make a mosquito net and fly protection with your own hands, see the next video.