Recently, it is LED bulbs that have become more and more popular. They allow you to save energy, as well as create light of any intensity and warmth in the room.
Description and features
LED chandelier lamps are special lamps in which alternating current is converted into direct current. In this case, the intensity of the luminous flux depends on the voltage - the higher it is, the brighter the lamp will burn. Thanks to this principle of operation, electricity is significantly saved, and therefore money.
Distinctive features of such lamps are not only the principle of their operation, but also a wide range. The fact is that chandeliers use a variety of socles and therefore such bulbs must be selected taking into account their size.
Another feature is that the lighting power of such devices is classified differently from that of ordinary bulbs, it has different meanings. So, if a standard incandescent lamp has a power of 90-100 W, then an LED lamp will have a power of 9-15 W. The savings are obvious here. At the same time, you do not have to worry about the fact that the room will be too dark.
Features include the type of light emitted by such a device. It can be warm and intensely yellow; calm, in this case the light from the bulb will be as close as possible to daylight and cold, almost white. This assortment allows you to ideally choose the lighting option for any room, depending on its purpose.
In addition, such bulbs are actively used instead of incandescent bulbs also because they glow after turning off for some time. It also saves electricity and uses an additional light source.
Another key feature is that conventional incandescent lamps burn out quickly, while the lifespan of LED devices is many times longer. Therefore, they fully recoup their higher cost.
Do not forget about the wide range. On sale you can see small bulbs, large or medium. Some manufacturers produce these devices for sale, intended for various types of chandeliers. This is due to the material of manufacture. So, for crystal chandeliers, it is best to use small lamps with a cold glow.
On sale today you can also find chandeliers with built-in LED lamps. Their advantage lies in the fact that they are sold ready-made and the buyer does not have to purchase additional lamps. Replacing them in the event of a burnout will also be quite easy, because you will already have the required type of device at hand.
The fact that a wide assortment is one of the key features of these products has already been said earlier. However, all LED lamps are classified into several groups depending on the specific criterion.
According to the criterion of shape and size, light bulbs can have a standard shape, that is, their appearance is as similar as possible to ordinary incandescent lamps. They can also have an elongated teardrop shape, or they can have the shape of an upwardly elongated spiral. Some manufacturers also offer consumers light bulbs of a not quite usual standard shape, for example, with a narrow drop at the end elongated at the top.
It has already been said about the division by size - these can be large, small or medium bulbs.
One of the main selection criteria is the intensity of the luminous flux. The power of LED bulbs sold today can be as follows:
- 5.5 W is equal to the power of a 25 W incandescent lamp.
- 8 watts equals 40 watts.
- 11 W in LED is 60 in normal.
- 15 W is approximately 70-90 W in an incandescent lamp.
Such a comparison in the future will help you choose the most suitable light bulb in terms of illumination intensity.
Division by type of base is considered the most important. In the meantime, there is no need to know about it.” According to this criterion, the bases of such devices can be of the following varieties:
- G9 - pin base. Lamps with it were created specifically to replace them with conventional halogen. Such a plinth does not cause any inconvenience both during its installation and during further operation.
- E27 - this is a classic carved version. These bulbs are suitable for all types of modern chandeliers and lighting fixtures. They are most often found on sale.
- G4 - this is a base for small lamps. Until recently, this option was used only for highlighting some things, today it is used both in chandeliers and in compact lamps. Its distinctive feature is the presence of two antennae at the end.
- E14 - this is also E27, but with a smaller diameter. It is most commonly found in chandelier lamps such as candle or mignon.
- GU10 - this version of the base is used either in spotlights or in small compact chandeliers designed for several small LED lamps.
- GU5.3 - this version of the base is used most often in chandeliers. It has two pins on the end and does not require any modification before installation.
Such a division into types of LED lamps for chandeliers is very convenient for more experienced buyers who are already closely familiar with them.
For those who are faced with their purchase for the first time, it is quite difficult to make the right choice.
How to choose?
If you decide to change your usual bulbs to LED bulbs, then before buying it is advisable to familiarize yourself with the following recommendations for their selection:
- Power in watts. The darker the room itself and the fewer natural light sources in it, the more powerful the lamp should be. Usually for home chandeliers they use 6-8 W bulbs if they are made of crystal or transparent glass, and 11 W bulbs if the chandelier itself is dark or has a lot of decor on its glass.
- The light of the lamp is selected according to personal preference. However, experts still recommend giving preference to models with natural warm light. It is he who creates radiation as close as possible to daylight.
- It is worth knowing that if the glass of the lamp itself is opaque, the glow intensity will be visually lower by 20%. Therefore, such products must have a high power.
- The base should be chosen depending on the type of cartridge in the chandelier itself. It must ideally follow its shape, otherwise it will not be possible to install the purchased lamp into it.
- LED bulbs are more expensive than conventional incandescent or halogen bulbs, and the manufacturer promises to last up to 15 years. But you should pay attention to the warranty period. The higher it is, the better the product will be.
If such selection criteria seem too complicated to you or you do not want to delve into them, then you can immediately purchase a ready-made LED chandelier.
It has the same characteristics as individual lamps, has a huge variety of models and a long service life.
Today, such LED lamps for chandeliers are produced by various enterprises. But there are those of them that delight their customers with really high-quality goods that have a long service life. In addition, LED bulbs produced by these brands are quite affordable. Therefore, when buying, we recommend paying attention to the products of such manufacturers as:
You will learn more about how to choose quality LED lamps in the following video.
Experienced experts recommend giving preference to foreign-made lamps, in particular, made in Germany. They are of high quality and durability.
The connection and installation of new lamps in the chandelier should be carried out with the lights off, while it is important to de-energize the entire apartment completely
If the base of the purchased product does not fit, you should not try to modernize it yourself, it is better to seek help from a specialist. If the chandelier's horns are directed upwards, then it is necessary to choose small teardrop-shaped bulbs.
If the LED lamps flicker during operation, contact an electrician. In this case, there may be problems with incomplete contact between the base and the cartridge, and with voltage.
These lamps should be replaced at least every five years, even if they are working properly. Over time, the intensity of their glow still decreases. And remember that modern LED bulbs, with the right choice, can be installed in a chandelier of any type and shape.