Every year the scope of application of LED lamps is expanding. They can be found literally everywhere: in residential buildings, in official institutions, when decorating exhibitions, shop windows. Today many people choose round LED lights.
The following main advantages of such models can be distinguished:
- Substantial savings electricity and cash.
- Light intensity. LED luminaires are able to illuminate more area, while spending a minimum of energy resources.
- Longer service life - compared to incandescent lamps.
- Ease of installation. To install such a device, you do not need to have special skills and knowledge.
- Lack of extraneous sounds during operation.
- In the process of studying LEDs, no negative effects on the human body were revealed.
- Saving space during installation. The round shape is versatile and can fit into any interior, be it a children's room, a workshop or an office space.
- These luminaires do not heat up during operation. They can be safely mounted inside stretch ceilings, which are a film canvas. Such models can be used when decorating wood and other flammable decorative elements.
- Harsh light is not very good for visual perception, and many lamps are not very convenient in this regard. LED fixtures are characterized by a softer light that will not be annoying.
- Power. It can be at least 5 W, in some cases it reaches 80 W - depending on the purpose and type of device. At the same time, the power consumption is declared, but in fact it often turns out that one small device can easily replace several lamps that have the same power, but work using different technologies.
- For such models to work, you need 220 V - this is the standard. At the same time, they consume 80% less energy than conventional lamps. This makes buying them a smart investment.
- Thanks to its round shape, the light flux is evenly distributed and covers a large illumination area.
- The light stream produced is very intensewhile it has a specifically directed illumination angle.
Modern manufacturers produce many LED lamps. They can be conditionally divided into groups according to several factors:
By area of application
They can be used everywhere - both indoors and for outdoor lighting.
Round LED outdoor luminaires are used for primary and decorative lighting of buildings and other objects of architecture and landscape design. For their manufacture, moisture and frost-resistant materials are used, distinguished by their special strength and durability.
For industrial facilities, powerful devices of large diameter are chosen.
They are used to illuminate stadiums, playgrounds and sports grounds, car parks, as well as for other objects with a large territory.
Indoor LEDs are used in residential premises and offices. At the same time, they can be equipped with a control panel, with which you can not only turn on and off the lamp, but also control the intensity of the light itself, if you wish, changing it from bright daytime to soft nighttime. Such lamps are called dimmable.
Separately, it is worth noting the use of rounded LED lamps in the housing sector. Both internal and external light sources are used in this area. For streets, options are used with automatic determination of the degree of darkness. Such devices automatically turn on at dusk.
In entrances, elevators and other public areas, devices with motion sensors are often installed. They automatically turn on when a moving object appears in their area of action, and are also capable of reacting to loud sounds - they can turn on in advance (as a person approaches).
This allows you to significantly reduce energy consumption and costs for public spaces, which can be up to 20% of the total share of utility bills.
LED lamps for housing and communal services are equipped with special protective shades that protect the device not only from natural precipitation in the form of rain, snow or hail. They are resistant to mechanical damage. Because of this, they are often called anti-vandal.
At the place of installation
LED luminaires can be installed in walls, ceilings, floors and furniture panels.
With their help, you can transform the interior of any room beyond recognition, divide it into zones. A striking example of the use of round models is the kitchen panel located above the work area.
By the type of design, such devices can be with an external or internal power source, built-in, surface-mounted and suspended. Modern designers skillfully combine all types of such devices in the interior, using them for both main and decorative lighting.
Built-in LED luminaires are flat circles. They are often used in rooms with low ceilings - for example, bathrooms, storage rooms and other utility rooms. They can be used in plasterboard structures and on any other surface.
Built-in LEDs are most commonly used where space needs to be saved, and thin panels are used to minimize the distance between the concrete slab and the ceiling structure.
The overhead diode fixture is mounted on an arm with a swivel mechanism, which allows the luminaire to rotate. Some units also have a built-in brightness control. Such devices are produced by many manufacturers. An excellent quality dimmable luminaire does not have to be expensive. For example, the products of the Russian manufacturer "Era" are popular among buyers, as they are attracted by the optimal ratio of affordable price and good quality.
There are also certain disadvantages of such devices:
- High price (compared to other light sources).
- For the normal operation of LED luminaires, a constant voltage is required in the network, and its drops negatively affect the operation of the devices. For the stable operation of such devices, a converter or transistor is required.
- If a large number of diodes are used in one luminaire, then such a device requires additional cooling.
- A relatively small selection of colors. Typically, LED bulbs have only one color - white. It can be cold, warm, and neutral. Colored circle filters are used to change the color.
- LED bulbs require special light … Ordinary ones don't fit here.
- The peculiarity of such a lamp is that the lighting is directional, whereas a conventional lamp gives a more diffused glow. For many consumers, this is a significant disadvantage.
How to install and connect LED lamps in a stretch ceiling, see the following video