Modern technologies make it possible to create chandeliers of various colors and styles. Thanks to this, in any kitchen, you can create a unique design, while making the kitchen space as comfortable and comfortable as possible. However, when choosing a chandelier, you must adhere to some rules that will allow you not to make a mistake.
Varieties of lighting fixtures
Lighting devices can be divided into types, taking into account the type of construction, the method of attachment:
- Hanging appliances - consist of one or more shades, which are held on a cord, chain or string. Usually, a chandelier with a lampshade is selected for the kitchen, which is located in the middle of the ceiling. For a small room, one lamp is quite enough, and for a large room, you will have to install additional devices.
- Ceiling products - will fit well into small spaces with low ceilings. The plafond for this luminaire must be either translucent or completely transparent. The color scheme of the plafond can be any, as well as its shape. Designers suggest hanging a chandelier in the shape of a ship, wheel or other unusual geometric shape in the kitchen. The main thing is that it illuminates the space as well as possible.
- Classic options - are distinguished by a luxurious look. They have clear lines, shades can be decorated with patterns.
Depending on the style of the kitchen interior, there are several directions of chandeliers:
Sophistication and beauty are valued in classic lamps. That is why they do not cease to be popular and are suitable for decorating the kitchen space. in classic style or in country style. They can be made of metal, wood or glass. Some models are suspended from chains, while others imitate antique candle lamps
For rooms in Scandinavian, classic styles, minimalism, chalets universal modern chandeliers are well suited. They are distinguished by restraint of shades, simplicity of shapes and designs
Candelabra look unusual in the kitchen, which are distinguished by their chic appearance. They are made of plastic, glass or crystal. Candelabra can decorate almost any interior.
- Chandeliers hi-tech usually characterized by geometric shapes, they are designed in cool colors. They are made of metal, glass or plastic and can complement any modern interior.
- Lighting in the style of floristry They are distinguished by aesthetic designs that are decorated with twigs, flowers and leaves. They are made of metal or wood, they can have glass or plastic inserts. Such products can easily decorate the ceiling surface of the kitchen in the style of Provence, country or classics.
- For kitchen space in neoclassical or country style fit luxury glass chandeliers Tiffany … They are decorated with stained glass painting or mosaics made of multi-colored glass.
- Lamps loft style differ in a rather rough design. Some models have a vintage look, some products look like street lamps.
- Minimalism differs in severity and laconism - without bright accents. Calm colors and simple geometric shapes are suitable for the design of rooms in high-tech, loft and Scandinavian styles.
- Ordinary chandeliers in eco-style are made from natural materials. It can be organza or wood, paper, textiles. Artificial petals, branches, leaves and pebbles will help to decorate the lamps.
Ways to create the right lighting
A lamp in the kitchen should not only illuminate the space, but also create coziness and a pleasant atmosphere. The workplace should be light enough to not only cook on it, but also eat.
Designers suggest using the following tricks:
- To save electricity and at the same time use lighting as efficiently as possible, you will need a device with adjustable light modes.
- For rooms with a small window, it is especially important to organize artificial lighting that will not tire the eyes. The luminaire must have halogen, fluorescent or incandescent lamps, the power of which must be sufficient for bright illumination.
- The brighter the room, the less bright bulbs will be needed to illuminate the space.
- A very large kitchen needs bright lighting, so it is best to purchase multi-arm pendant lights. A single-arm lamp is also suitable for a small room.
- Correctly selected lighting fixtures will help to zone the room. You can highlight the work surface and eating area by placing the main lighting fixture above the table. Spotlights can be installed above the work surface.
- For a combined kitchen-dining room, you need to pick up a pair of chandeliers with an elevator. In this case, the lighting fixture above the dining area must have a higher power than the lamp above the work surface.
- A modern kitchen doesn't always need a large chandelier. It is enough to illuminate the bar counter with a wall lamp, and install hidden ceiling lights above the working area.
The lower the ceilings in the kitchen, the better the chandelier should be. Since a low-lying lamp will be clearly visible, it should look perfect both from the inside and from the outside:
- If the room has sufficiently high ceilings, then the lamp does not have to be chosen from high-quality materials. It is enough to hang crystal or glass chandelier.
- The kitchen space is very dirty, so the chandelier should not be too branded. Better to choose glass or plastic option.
- Wrought iron models collect too much dust, so they will have to be wiped frequently. The disadvantage of cleaning is that the wrought iron chandelier has curves and curls.
- Glass and plastic lamps simple shapes are ideal for the kitchen. They are easy to care for and give a fairly bright light.
- And here paper lamps for the kitchen must be selected with extreme caution, since they do not tolerate moisture well, and it is difficult to care for them. They are only suitable for kitchens with high ceilings.
- Wooden appliances should be double-coated to prevent them from drying out over time.
For even more kitchen design ideas with chandeliers, see the next video.