Lighting today is one of the factors that make it possible to create comfortable living conditions both inside and outside the building. To solve such problems, several types of lighting devices are used. Among all this diversity, it should be noted rechargeable led lamp.
Features of the
Battery-powered LED luminaires are a group of lighting fixtures that do not require a permanent connection to the mains. One or more batteries, which are located directly in the body of the device, act as a source of energy. They are removable, allowing you to either replace them with new batteries or simply recharge.
Many modifications are equipped with lithium-ion batteries, which can extend the life of the LED device.
Please note that technically, the battery can be connected to almost any lamp (including LED). But many refer to this category only those models that are initially equipped with similar functionality and do not require additional intervention.
Advantages and disadvantages
Rechargeable LED lamps are used very often. This is due to several advantages of these models:
- Small size. Such a lamp is easy to install anywhere in the room where you need to get high-quality lighting.
- Variety of design solutions. On the market you can find many modifications that differ in style and design. This allows you to choose them for any interior style.
- Durability. LEDs can last up to 100,000 hours, which is an almost ideal solution for the home. With regard to battery life, this period can also vary significantly. This is due to the fact that the LED consumes very little energy compared to an incandescent lamp.
- Ease of installation. In order for the lamp to start working, you just need to attach or install it in the right place in the room. This eliminates the connection of the system to the electrical network, which makes it even more secure.
The illumination performance of the LEDs is one of the best. At the same time, there are many types of light bulbs on the market that can be selected to suit your needs
One of the significant disadvantages of rechargeable lamps is the need to recharge or change the energy source. But at the same time, there are slightly less costs than if the system was running on the network.
Scope of application
LED luminaires are among the most modern, unique, convenient and practical devices.
Such models on rechargeable batteries are widely used and are used to solve many problems:
- Arrangement of decorative lighting buildings.
- Street lighting. Such models have capacious batteries that can be recharged from solar panels during the daytime.
- Flower bed decoration. Luminaires are often used to illuminate certain areas of the territory in order to emphasize their features.
- Organization of lighting in places with no electrical networks.
- Illumination of tracks, entrances and porches in country houses.
- Emergency lighting. Lamps are triggered when there is a power outage. They are used to organize optimal evacuation conditions in emergency cases (fire, etc.)
- Creation of decorative lighting inside residential premises. Such devices are often also used as night lights.
Rechargeable LED luminaires can be classified according to several criteria. Depending on the environment of use, such models are divided into the following types:
- Portable. Some modifications of such lamps can be supplemented with a cigarette lighter, which makes them universal. Such models are manufactured in accordance with safety requirements. Therefore, many of them are waterproof, which makes it possible to use them even in the rain.
- Stationary. This category includes both emergency modifications and models used for interior decoration. Emergency luminaires are characterized by minimal functionality. Their main task is to illuminate the territory during an emergency for a short time. Therefore, they have a relatively simple design.
As for the interior modifications, they are more perfect. The designs are equipped with sensors that allow you to adjust the brightness and color, which is perfect for creating unique interiors.
Depending on the location, the luminaires can be divided into:
- Wall mounted.
- Ceiling. Installation of these two types of structures is carried out using simple fixation to the surface with special fasteners.
- Tabletop. This view refers to portable models that are installed on any type of surface. According to the method of installation, lamps of this type are divided into "clothespins" and systems with a base.
One of the most modern models is motion sensor lamps. These designs allow you to control the light on, depending on the presence of a person in the room. This not only makes it easier to work with them, but also significantly saves battery power.
Criterias of choice
When buying an LED lamp, you should pay attention to several of its characteristics:
- Dimensions. The dimensions of the appliance can vary, so it is important to evaluate them according to the future mounting or installation location.
- Power. This parameter indicates how bright the LEDs will be. Often in such modifications, the power varies in the range from 1300 to 2300 lumens.
- Scattering angle.
- LED type. Manufacturers install several elements that differ in luminous flux power and color. This allows you to create optimal characteristics and, if necessary, change them.
- Battery capacity and type. The simplest luminaires run on conventional batteries, which are easy to replace. Some systems are equipped with built-in batteries that require periodic recharging. An example of this would be the Svetozar and Era lamps. Please note that this parameter affects the duration of the lamp operation.
- The level of protection against moisture and dust. High-quality models must have a level of moisture resistance not lower than the IP54 class. Such devices can already be safely installed outside without worrying about their trouble-free operation.
- The presence of several modes. Luminaires can emit both constant and variable (flashing) light flux.
The market for stand-alone LED luminaires is quite large. There are several well-known manufacturers that produce these products:
- ASD. The products are of good quality for a relatively low price.
- "Space". The company has been operating in this market for about 20 years. Its lamps can be found in almost every hypermarket in the country.
- "Lighting Technologies". The company produces only emergency luminaires for various purposes.
- Feron. The manufacturer presents a wide selection of LED lights and indicators.
- Armytek. Lanterns of the Canadian company are very popular, as they are reliable and practical.
Among the many LED devices, several modifications can be distinguished:
- YG-6820. The manufacturers have equipped the luminaires with the most modern LEDs. Polycarbonate glass is used as a diffuser. The device can be mounted on horizontal and vertical planes.
- Oscar-10. The luminaire body is made of durable aluminum. The system is complemented by an external impulse unit. The device can be mounted both on brick walls and on suspended or plasterboard surfaces. The savings can be up to 85%.
Rechargeable LED luminaires are modern designs that are easy to adapt to different applications. Their wide variety on sale allows you to create original design solutions and make your home much more comfortable.
In this video, you will find an overview of the Feron EL-115 rechargeable emergency luminaire.