Multi-textured vertical blinds are a combined type of INTOR. They are distinguished by their unusual design, which, however, can be matched to almost any interior. This type is partially similar to traditional blinds, but it also has its own characteristics.
Features and Description
Multi-textured options are vertical fabric lamellas, which are combined on top with plastic ones. Plastic elements can be complemented with gold or silver details, as well as a photo print. The fabric backing is done as usual, including a special chain with weights at the bottom. Thanks to the unusual combination of materials from which the multi-textured models are made, it becomes possible to embody the most daring design ideas in various color variations. The width of the finished canvas ranges from 20 cm to 4 m, and the height - from 20 cm to 6 m. Due to the large size range, it becomes possible to hang such decorative structures on a panoramic window or on a two-story window, when it is not separated by an interfloor partition.
You can often find multifact fabric blinds when both canvases are made of the same material. The texture of the specially impregnated fabric can be different, as well as the color, and it is possible to complement such models with shiny inserts. Many people choose models only from fabric because of their relatively low weight.… Fabric models are a good alternative to classic curtains. Unlike plastic ones, they create a cozy atmosphere in the room and look quite soft and attractive, while the blinds are much easier to care for than curtains.
Multi-texture models can be equipped not only with a mechanical control system, but also with an automatic one. In the second case, an electric drive is built into the cornice, which can be controlled via a remote control. Remote controls can be portable, like from a TV, or built into the wall (they are mainly used as part of a “smart home” system).
Not every room is suitable for installing multi-textured options. It is important that the humidity in it is not high, otherwise it will lead to deformation of the fabric elements of the structure.
Benefits in use
Thanks to the different colors and positions of the top decorative elements, you can create your own model that suits your tastes. There are standard products, but more often even then it is possible to choose a color combination. In addition, by varying the length and finish of the upper slats, you can create a semblance of lambrequins on blinds, arched air structures, and so on. Vertical blinds are easy to maintain. Fabric elements can be washed by hand using special products, and plastic elements can be wiped from time to time with office equipment napkins. Blinds will protect the room well from the sun, create an unusual mood for the whole room and will not take up much space.
In living rooms, combinations of blinds and curtains are not uncommon. This allows you to make the room more comfortable. Blinds do an excellent job with the light-blocking role, and the need to buy curtains disappears by itself. The structures are easy to install, you can even do it yourself. Like the classic versions, the multi-textured ones are equipped with a control system, with which you can either slightly open them, letting in a little diffused light, or completely move them away, "exposing" the window.
In addition to home use, multi-textured blinds are also suitable for installation in public places. Often they can be seen in conference rooms or other premises where it is important to create a business and at the same time solemn atmosphere.
Also, such blinds installed on a flexible cornice are suitable for decorating complex curly windows, for example, bay windows.
Having decided to hang multi-textured blinds, you need to decide what they will be made of. There are several materials to choose from:
- the cloth … The texture can be varied: smooth and velvety, soft or slightly prickly. Fabric models are presented in a large assortment, they differ in colors and textures. There are fabrics with an embossed convex pattern, or you can prefer absolutely smooth models without additional decor.
- Plastic. The upper elements of the lamellas are made of plastic. You can use vibrant colors and patterns, or opt for glitter lamellas. If you choose small inclusions of glitter, the texture will look appropriate in any room.
- Metal. Usually shiny gold inserts are made of plastic with a spray, but aluminum models are also used. They are much lighter and thinner than their plastic counterparts, and are durable. To prevent the gilding from cracking, prevention should be carried out from time to time. For this, the sprayed spots are treated with a special agent (you can buy it together with the blinds).
- Wood … Wooden lamellas are used extremely rarely due to their high cost, but this option looks extremely interesting. The choice of wood as a contrasting material is appropriate in Ethno-style rooms or in traditional Asian interiors. Such blinds require a split system in the room, as well as stable environmental conditions. Due to changes in temperature or humidity levels, the tree can deform over time and lose its original appearance.
The choice in favor of this or that material should be made, focusing not only on its decorative characteristics, but also on your financial capabilities. Wooden models are the most expensive in the above list, and plastic ones can be bought at a very affordable price.
In order to hang multi-textured blinds on the windows, you do not have to be a master of construction. Such work is within the power of a novice craftsman. The standard kit consists of the following components:
- The supporting system is a cornice attached to a wall or ceiling. To install it on a wall or ceiling, ordinary self-tapping screws are most often used.
- The blinds are made up of slats. The width of each lamella can vary from 8.8 to 12.8 cm, depending on the model and design of the structure.
- The control mechanism can be manual or electronic. If the manual one can be mounted independently, then it is better to entrust the installation of an automatic system to professionals. In this case, you will not spoil an expensive thing, but the installation itself will be done quickly and for relatively little money.
- Runners, or special hooks, are attached to the cornice. Once secured, they are locked and can only be operated using the control mechanism. It is strongly discouraged to try to move the hooks with your hands, as this may result in breakage or loosening of the mechanism.
- A plastic chain with weights connects the lamellas at the bottom, preventing them from freely dangling and deforming.
Choose a mounting location for the blinds:
- When mounted directly into the window opening, the room will seem larger and more spacious, however, the free space of the window sill will be reduced to zero.
- If the blinds overlap the window opening so as to completely hide it, the window sill area will remain, but they will have to be fixed much closer to the center of the room, therefore, they will take up a lot of space.
Next, you need to make important amendments:
- In the window opening from the lower edge of the lamellae to the plane of the window sill, 2 cm should remain so that the lamellae do not touch the window sill and do not deform.
- When fastening over the window, the blinds are made wider than the window opening so that they cover it beautifully.
- When choosing a length from ceiling to floor, there should be a gap of about 5 cm between the floor and the bottom edge of the blind.
Now you can go directly to the installation:
- Regardless of where you attach the blinds (on the wall, to the ceiling or in the window opening), you should mark the places for fastening. It is important to take into account that the distance from one fastener to another must be at least 60 cm. When planning the attachment point, take all corrections for the protruding parts (radiator, window sill), as well as for the rotation of the blinds (depending on the size of the lamellas). Use a spirit level to mark the attachment points in a straight line. This is especially true if the walls or ceiling of the room are not even enough.
- When installing a structure in a window opening or on the ceiling you need to fix first the self-tapping screws with special latches, on which the cornice is further attached.
- Wall mounting is done with brackets. To calculate the length of the bracket required to overcome all obstacles and install the blinds so that it does not touch anything during operation, use the following formula: the size of the protruding obstacle + 6 cm correction. attach the cornice using the latches.
- After attaching the curtain rod using snaps, check how securely you suspended it and immediately correct the blemishes. This concludes the most difficult part of the installation. Further, a lamella of a multi-textured fabric is inserted into each of the runners. Make sure that the drawing does not go astray, otherwise all the work will have to be redone. When the slats are attached to the runners, insert a weight into the bottom of each of them and connect with a chain.
Interior design ideas
For workspaces such as conference rooms, opting for multi-textured blinds is an excellent alternative to French blinds. The pomp and majesty of the room is preserved, however, it becomes much easier to maintain perfect cleanliness in such a place. Rooms like these make a good impression in themselves. In a living room, multi-textured blinds can be used as a visual niche to frame an important piece of furniture, such as a home theater. The good darkening properties of the fabric are a worthy background when watching TV, preventing excess light from entering.
Multi-textured structures are often used to decorate large panoramic windows, especially in rooms in which you want to cover such a window, but leave it as an interesting interior detail. The use of all kinds of curly decoration means (arches, semicircles) is encouraged. For the design of bay or corner windows, the use of multi-textured models is also relevant. The unusual edge of the colored part allows you to visually equalize the proportions of the windows and at the same time combine them into a single composition. Please note that the width of the canvases is chosen the same regardless of the individual width of each of the windows.
Multi-textured designs can even be used to design intricate roof windows. The main requirement is the non-beveled position of the window opening. Double-layer decorative overlays perfectly accentuate the trapezoidal shape of the top edge, obscuring the unattractive view from the window.
It is quite easy to choose two-color original blinds for the interior of the office, since the design itself is official. The harmonious emerald color helps to relieve stress, while at the same time not distracting from work, and the lack of shiny details emphasizes a purely work environment.
Such a beautiful decorative element fits perfectly into the kitchen. The blinds are not easily soiled and easy to clean, they also do not take up much space and are impregnated with a special refractory solution. There is no safer option to find. The compact design allows you to freely turn around in the kitchen and does not litter an already small room.
Bright multi-textured models are suitable both for decorating a child's room and a teenager. If it is preferable for the children's room to use bright colors and unusual solutions (photos of cartoon characters or interesting figures laid out from textured slats), then it is advisable to choose more restrained colors and boring geometric shapes in the teenage room. In the first case, the child gets the opportunity to have fun, in the second - to relax.
For an overview of multi-textured blinds, see the following video.