The black chandelier, despite its extravagance, can easily fit into almost any modern interior. It will serve as a wonderful decorative element that will make any room more interesting and thoughtful. You will learn how to choose the right black chandelier and use all its advantages in this article.
Features of the
- Most people associate black with elegance and luxury. Such a rich and dynamic tone is able to combine different interior details into one whole and create a stylish space.
- The expressive color makes the lamp very visible. Therefore, it is advisable to pick up an interesting chandelier, which will be pleasant to the eye to catch.
- A ceiling chandelier in this color looks very impressive. In addition, similar lamps made of different materials always look different. So, for example, black crystal or colored glass gives the room a touch of luxury, and dark metal hints at the severity and modernity of the interior.
However, dark-colored lamps have their drawbacks
- Firstly, such a rich color, like many others, tends to fade over time. This means that if you hang it in a place where direct sunlight will fall on it, then it will not retain its original appearance for long.
- Secondly, traces of dust and dirt are very noticeable on the black surface. Therefore, such lamps will need to be very well looked after, constantly brushing dust off them.
There are many options for black chandeliers that can fit into different décor. Let's look at what differences such lamps have.
First, they differ in the material from which they are made. Most common dark metal option … A black metal chandelier is found in modern or high-tech interiors. A lamp resembling massive fittings will perfectly complement a room with a large area. It can be a completely iron chandelier or a product that is only complemented by individual inserts. Chromium works well with a glass base.
However, the glass itself looks organically in black. It is also worth paying attention to crystal lamps. Despite the fact that products with crystal may seem too luxurious for a modern interior, they will fit into it quite organically.
And if you want something simpler, then you can pick up a lamp with a base made of black painted wood. Such a simple chandelier looks quite interesting.
The shape of the lamps may also differ. You should definitely pay attention to simple lamps, which have a restrained geometric shape of the shade. They are able to fit into any interior, although they are most often found in modern ones. A simple round or square chandelier with a shade looks very good.
Another interesting option is a chandelier "spider". Such an abstract structure looks impressive and gives a lot of light.
A simpler option is a minimalist rod chandelier. The luminaire can be mounted on a flexible chain or on a sturdy rod. It all depends on what kind of interior you are choosing a lighting fixture for.
For different rooms
A pendant chandelier is the most convenient light fixture. It illuminates the entire room at once, so no additional light sources are needed. It can be placed in any room, however, in each case, you need to take into account the characteristics of the room.
- In the bedroom. A chandelier with a spectacular wrought-iron frame will look very stylish in the bedroom of both a girl and a young man. A black lamp draws a lot of attention to itself, so the interior as a whole should be lighter.
- In the kitchen. A pendant chandelier looks surprisingly organic in the kitchen, especially if its base is made of durable metal. Shiny chrome works best with home appliances if they are also made in dark colors.
- In the bathroom. You can also choose a suitable lamp for your bath. It is best if the chandelier is with a closed shade, which will not allow water to enter a working light bulb. Here lamps made of dark glass are suitable.
- In the living room the most appropriate would be a crystal chandelier. You can choose it for both classic and modern style. If the room already has such a chandelier, then the choice of additional light should be treated with caution - choose either some stylish sconces or floor lamps with an interesting design.
In various styles
The chandelier itself can also be made in different styles. Let's take a look at a few popular options that might inspire you to buy a new fixture.
- Classic … A luxury chandelier with crystal trimmings is a classic that looks very good in black. You can also find options with gold or gilding, which attract attention with their bright shine. Such a chandelier will be appropriate if the interior contains other details of this type, complemented by gilded inserts.
- Oriental … If classic chandeliers seem too simple and boring to you, then you can find a more original option, for example, a luxurious product in the Arabian style. It is characterized by ostentatious luxury and an abundance of decorative pendants.
- Baroque … This style also welcomes luxury. A pompous large chandelier will complement a room in this style in the best way possible. Black chandeliers with lampshades deserve special attention here. Such beauty will look a little gloomy, but this is often only beneficial, because no one will call your room boring and inexpressive.
- Art Deco. In contrast to the previous two, this style welcomes clarity of lines and simplicity. Often, lamps in this style are complemented by geometric patterns. A striking example is the striped lamp, which combines two contrasting colors, for example, black and white.
- Modern … It is impossible to do without mentioning the Art Nouveau style. It is characterized by the use of a minimum number of accessories. But a lamp is a necessity. Choose the simplest option, devoid of any decorative details. The best option is a simple shade made of black matte glass or chrome. With tinted glass shades, the light is slightly subdued, which creates a cozy atmosphere.
- Gothic … The gothic black chandelier looks the most organically. If the room has a gloomy style, then a black and silver chandelier will only complement it. Forging also looks good in this case. Such a base, in combination with crystal, for example, looks organically in the interior in style Classic.
How to choose?
It is worth choosing a chandelier, first of all, depending on the features of the interior. So, if your room is gloomy enough in its design, then it can be supplemented with a glossy chandelier to dilute this impression. But in a light interior, a designer matte chandelier looks interesting. Focus on the overall picture and your own taste.
If you don't like completely dark chandeliers, then you can choose color combinations. Beautiful black and white, black and gold or black and red chandeliers look very interesting. And it is much easier to combine them with other interior details.
But attention should be paid not only to the appearance, but also to the quality of the product. Both glass and metal or plastic products can vary greatly in quality. It all depends on the materials used and how the manufacturer relates to his work. To find a good one, pick up a chandelier from a trusted brand. Remember, quality cannot be cheap.
A beautiful chandelier will be a harmonious addition to any interior. The rules for choosing a luminaire are quite simple.
If the room has a lot of bright colors, then a too massive black chandelier will most likely seem superfluous there. If you dilute the colorful interior with such a gloomy accessory, then it should not be too large. Alternatively, choose a lamp that consists of several colored blocks or is complemented by multi-colored pendants.
As already mentioned, the black chandelier fits perfectly into the interior in the classic style. Deep and rich color combines perfectly with coffee, gray or white. Silver or golden details will not be superfluous. Such a calm interior is relaxing, so such color combinations are often used when decorating a home.
In a classic interior, a lamp with candles looks good. Of course, these must be fake candles, but electric ones. But it still looks beautiful and creates the right surroundings.
Finally, it is worth noting that professionals do not recommend using a black lamp in a room with mixed styles. The fact is that such a chandelier attracts a lot of attention, so the whole room must be thought out to the smallest detail.
A black chandelier is a fairly versatile option that is suitable for decorating any room. Do not be afraid to give preference to such an unusual color - if you combine the lamp correctly with other interior details, then everything will look organic and beautiful.
For an overview of the black chandelier, see the next video.