Lighting in a child's room plays an important role, as it sets the tone of the mood and provides a sense of comfort. Moreover, all interior details should be not only interesting, beautiful, but also safe. Children's lamps are created taking into account the needs of kids and adolescents: they perfectly illuminate the room, perfectly complement the interior with an original design, and are made only of high-quality and safe materials.
Requirements for children's models
Requirements for children's products have always been more overestimated, lamps are no exception. In babies, vision is just beginning to form, and teenagers have to strain it more often because of the lessons. There are the following requirements for children's lamps:
- The light should be soft, diffused, bright at the same timeso that the child's eyes are not overworked, and his psycho-emotional state is kept in balance.
- Materials for the manufacture of such products must be of high quality., withstand mechanical stress and any shock. They must also be safe. They should not contain toxic substances.
- Great option - a luminaire with the ability to independently control the intensity of illumination.
The design of the lighting device contributes to the development of aesthetic taste in the child, therefore the lamp should harmoniously fit into the style of the child's room. Moreover, its appearance should be interesting.
Tips for organizing lighting in a room
The lighting of the child's room should change with his age, because softer light is recommended for babies in the first years of life, and bright light is suitable for adolescents. In this case, it is better if there are several light sources in the room at once. Ceiling chandeliers are mounted to illuminate the entire area of the room or its play area.
A lamp is also needed on the desk: homework or handicraft requires eye strain, so an additional light source is needed. As night falls, the night lights turn on.
It is worth paying attention to the choice of not only the lighting fixture, but also the most suitable bulbs. Halogen and LED types are better for children's eyesight, save energy. They are absolutely safe for health.
Varieties of lamps
Luminaires for children can illuminate the entire room or its individual areas. Depending on this, they are divided into several types.
Can give diffused or directional light. Such devices are conventionally divided into:
The variety of types allows you to choose the right option for the baby's room. In the bedroom, you can install suspended or recessed models that are mounted at a certain point on the ceiling, and for better lighting, they are mounted in several zones at once. Recently, spots have become popular - ceiling lamps with several lamps, each of which can be directed in a certain direction. They are suitable for families with two or more children - then the bed or work area of each child will be well lit.
Such lighting devices are used as additional light sources while watching TV or reading in bed. Wall lamps will not prevent the child from falling asleep when one of the parents reads the child's favorite fairy tale before bedtime.
Children like this type of lamps very much. Such a product is a small table lamp that gives a dim light. There are very different designs: in the form of planes and cars, fairy-tale castles or characters.
There are models that run on batteries - they can be located in any place, regardless of the location of the outlets. For the little ones, a mobile with a night light for a cot is produced. For older children, bedside lamps are purchased that are installed on the bedside table. A variety of models allows you to choose the most suitable option for your age.
They can serve as a decorative function or illuminate the work area (for reading books, doing homework, and so on). These models can be equipped with any kind of light bulbs and differ in different mounting methods: installation on a surface, on a clothespin, on a clamp.
Such a product is a lighting fixture on a high stand. The shade covers the light source and can be of any design - as well as the stand itself. However, it is better to install such devices in a room with older children, because babies can accidentally hook them or knock them down with a toy.
Criteria for choosing a lamp for a student
It is important to create conditions for the student so that he is comfortable learning the lessons. Therefore, his workplace must be properly organized. The lamp is the attribute on which the pupil's vision depends, which means that the choice should be taken as seriously as possible. A lighting device for a student should:
- Be made from environmentally friendly material.
- Be the right size: not too bulky on the desk or too small.
- Be comfortable to use.
- Made of shock-resistant materials, so as not to injure the child as a result of an accidental fall.
- Harmoniously combined with the interior of the work area - to create optimal conditions.
There are also requirements for the selection of a shade, light bulb, base, mounting method:
- The plafond or lampshade must be made of durable plastic that will not break into fragments if dropped. The metal structure will heat up quickly. To avoid burns to the hand, the cover should be equipped with a special handle that allows you to adjust the angle of inclination.
- There are several types of bulbs: incandescent, halogen, fluorescent, LED. Each of them gives a certain lighting. Saving energy consumption is a condition for parents, and for a student it is important that the light bulb is not very bright so as not to injure his eyes. At the same time, it should illuminate the working area well.
- The base of the luminaire can be fixed, with a given height, but this is not very convenient for the student. It is much better if it is flexible or with a retractable mechanism - the child himself will be able to adjust the lighting area.
- An important point is the choice of the method of fixing the lamp: on a clothespin, on a clamp, installation on a surface. Here it is necessary to take into account where the lamp will be located (at the edge of the table, in the center). It should be convenient for the student to learn lessons at the table. He should not be afraid to catch or throw off the lamp.
When choosing the color of the product, it should be remembered that it should correspond to the preferences of the student, but not irritate the eyes with bright shades and not overwhelm with too dark ones.
Which bulbs should you prefer?
The brightness of the light is very important in a child's room. If this is the main lighting, then it should be soft and diffused. The light from the bedside lamps should be dim. The plafond can regulate the luminous flux, but the choice of the light bulb - the source of this flux - plays an important role.
If you are going to give your preference to a certain product, you need to familiarize yourself with its advantages and disadvantages. There are 4 types of bulbs in total:
- Incandescent lamps. The plafond can heat up from these models, but there is no ionizing radiation from them, there is a high color rendering. They provide diffused light and are pleasing to the eye.
- LED. These are the most durable bulbs, they are safe for health, since they do not contain harmful substances. They can be distinguished by high luminous efficiency and can be used as bedside lamps.
- Luminescent. It is undesirable to install them in the children's room - because of the mercury content. The emitted cold light will tire your eyes.
- Halogen. The forms and types are different. Such devices can produce diffused light or "beam", illuminating a specific area. They also allow you to create different color effects, make the design of the room interesting and unusual.
The emphasis must be on how the bulbs will be used: as a night light, main lighting, additional lighting, working area lighting, and so on.
The practicality and safety of children's lamps largely depend on the manufacturers, because everyone uses materials of different quality. In addition, the firm of a certain country has its own view of the design. Among other companies specializing in the production of lighting devices for children, the most popular and reliable ones can be distinguished:
- Italy supplies both classic products and more modern ones. Company Odeon light produces children's products with a unique design. You can choose a whole set of different lamps (chandelier, table lamp, night light).
- The Chinese company LuceSolara produces designer models, so their cost can be quite high. But such lamps will have an unusual, interesting, attractive appearance.
The Austrian manufacturer Globo is constantly updating its assortment, producing quality products at affordable prices. There is a large selection of products for a children's room: floor lamps, sconces, lamps. A company from the same country, Eglo, produces LED lamps that are practical and functional. Thanks to the variety of unusual models, everyone can choose a product specifically for a girl's or a boy's room
Children's lighting devices of Spanish companies Mantra and Brizzi, German Wertmark, Polish Alfa, Nowodvorsk and ZakladStolarski are also distinguished by high quality, reliability and interesting design solutions.
You can stop the choice on any of the listed manufacturers, it is better - on Italian or Austrian, as these companies perfectly combine excellent quality and affordable prices.
Modern ideas for a boy and a girl
The children's room is where the child spends a lot of time, so it is important for parents to create ideal conditions for play and sleep. The choice of the design model of the lamp will depend on the "owner" of the room: a boy or a girl.
The lamps in the boy's room should be installed taking into account his preferences. If the kid is fond of vehicles, technology, then models in the form of airplanes or ships will look great. For a room decorated in a marine style, a lamp in the shape of a shell or a fish is suitable. Girls will love lighting fixtures in the form of fairy-tale characters, birds, butterflies or flowers. If the room looks like a fairytale castle, a cloud-shaped chandelier is perfect.
An excellent option would be a night light with a motion detector. During the day it is turned off, and with the onset of darkness it starts to work when the baby moves. This option is convenient because at night the child can wake up at any moment, he can be afraid of the dark. To prevent this from happening, parents purchase similar products.
From about two years old, a child begins to understand the importance of a lamp in his room, so he will need to choose not only a practical, but also a fashionable device.
You will find more information on choosing a lamp for a nursery in this video.