The arrangement of any living space involves the installation of lighting fixtures. Today, these products are presented in a wide variety on the market. Among all this assortment, special attention should be paid to rotary luminaires. Structures of this type are multifunctional and practical.
Swivel luminaires are lighting systems that are equipped with a special swivel mechanism. Such a structure consists of several main components:
- Metal body. It is the basis of a swivel luminaire where a lamp or other component that generates a luminous flux is screwed in.
- Bracket. This structure is also made of metal. Moreover, its elements can move in one or more planes. The simplest brackets allow you to rotate the luminaire only by a small angle.
One of the most popular rotary devices is the spot model of lighting fixtures. Luminaires of this type are very popular today, as they take up little space and are easy to install.
But the variety of such models is not limited to these products, since you can find full-fledged lamps on the market that differ in their original design.
This group of luminaires includes spots. These products resemble a point model, but they emit a directed beam of light. Please note that such structures can be rotated in almost any direction. This is due to the presence of a special hinge mount.
Swivel lights are slowly gaining in popularity as they are versatile and easy to adjust. Devices of this kind have several significant advantages:
- Variety of designs … Today on the market you can choose a lamp even for the most sophisticated interior style. In their manufacture, non-standard design approaches are used that allow you to give the material unique shapes and dimensions.
- Small size. This can only be said about point models, which are perfectly mounted in a suspended ceiling. With minimal dimensions, they illuminate a large area of the room.
- Change in luminous flux. By turning the lamp, you can give the room a unique style, as the light will fall on objects in a new way. In the case of spots, they can be used for zoning the territory or as lighting in the kitchen.
- Ease of installation. The system is fastened using several dowels or anchors. Built-in modifications are generally fastened using a spring system.
It should be noted that such products have practically no drawbacks. With their help, you can completely replace classic chandeliers and other lighting fixtures.
There are several criteria to classify swivel luminaires. One of them is the location and method of attachment. Depending on these characteristics, several types of lamps are distinguished:
- Embedded. Mechanisms of this type are located flush with the ceiling. This is achieved due to the fact that the body is completely hidden inside the suspension frame. Such models are installed only on suspended ceilings. Spotlights are prominent representatives.
- Overhead. Lamps of this kind are located above the surface of the ceiling or hide a little in it. Full-fledged lamps are already presented here, which can be of different designs and sizes. Perfect for plasterboard ceilings combined with tension members.
- Suspended … Structures of this kind are attached to cables, which in turn are attached to the main ceiling. Spots are a striking representative of this type of luminaires. They perfectly complement all modern interiors.
Depending on the environment of use, the luminaires can be divided into indoor and outdoor. The latter type can be operated outdoors when exposed to rain and wind. They are protected systems, which is achieved due to better materials and the presence of seals.
Almost all modifications of such lamps are made single, but there are also double models. The rotation of such luminaires is often only possible in one direction.
The combination of conventional and bending luminaires possesses unique characteristics. These systems are positioned on special guides, which allows you to create unique lighting combinations.
Rotary luminaires can be equipped with several lighting fixtures. Today, there are models on the market with the following lamps:
- LEDs. The most modern light generator. Lamps of this kind consume relatively little energy, which makes them very economical. At the same time, the illumination level of these devices can vary over a very wide range. There are light bulb modifications that can change the color of the lighting, which is important for design lighting. But more often than not, they generate a white color that does not affect the eyes as much.
- Halogen … To obtain a luminous flux, a current is passed through the gas in a sealed flask. This causes it to glow. This type of lamp generates a very powerful luminous flux, which can be used to illuminate a large area. At the same time, the spectrum practically coincides with the natural radiation of the Sun. But lamps of this type consume a lot of energy and take a long time to warm up before reaching maximum power. The long service life of such devices should also be noted.
- Luminescent. Devices of this kind are also very energy efficient. Among the advantages are the low price and availability. But the luminous flux emitted by these devices is one of the worst in terms of its characteristics. With this kind of lighting, a person will feel uncomfortable.
- Incandescent lamps. The cheapest and most affordable lighting fixtures. They also generate quite a lot of heat during operation and consume a significant amount of energy. Rotary lamps are rarely equipped with them, since they do not give the desired effect.
Luminaires with halogen and fluorescent bulbs are not installed on stretch ceilings. This is due to the fact that they heat up, which can lead to damage to the canvas.
Application in the interior
Swivel lamps are mainly used in the design of living rooms. Their features allow you to create unique designs that will depend only on the direction of the light flux. Using these devices in the interior, you can create several types of lighting:
- General illumination. For this, the lamps are placed around the perimeter of the room. Often, only built-in modifications are used for such purposes. They are complemented by chandeliers, which allows you to create a cozy atmosphere. Sometimes luminaires can be installed in walls to solve such problems. This approach is used to create lighting for columns and other decorative elements.
- Zone illumination. The luminaires are positioned in such a way that when you turn several devices, you can illuminate a certain area of the room, dividing it into several decorative zones.
- Decorating. This approach is used when you need to emphasize a certain area of the room. Often, with the help of swivel lamps, they organize the illumination of paintings, vases, fireplaces and other architectural and design elements. The optimal solution for such tasks will be wall spots, which can accentuate the flow of light at a specific point.
Installation of swivel luminaires is not difficult, since almost all models are equipped with special fasteners. The editing algorithm can be divided into several sequential steps:
- Planning … This procedure involves choosing a location for the installation. There are no universal guidelines for where to attach the lamp. In this case, you should be guided only by the characteristics of the room and your needs.
- Laying of wiring. If the lamps are mounted on a classic ceiling, then it will not be difficult. For this, channels are formed in it, where the cable is hidden. For false ceilings, care should be taken to lay the wires in advance, since this cannot be done after installation. Please note that it is undesirable for the cable to lie on the canvas.
- Connection. The cable is connected according to the standard diagram. To do this, you just need to clamp the wires with special terminals that are present on the luminaire.
- Fastening. The installation is completed by fixing the luminaire to the base. This process depends on its type. Overhead and hanging models are simply screwed to the frame or metal thread. Built-in modifications are fixed with springs in previously drilled holes.
Next is a video on how to connect a track swivel lamp.
Swivel lamps are a unique group of electrical products that make lighting more functional and enjoyable.