Today, jute carpet is a practical and original alternative to expensive products - many consumers have understood this. It will decorate any interior, as well as create an atmosphere of coziness and comfort in your home. This article will address issues related to jute carpet.
Jute is a plant that grows in North America, Asia and Africa (it is not found in Russia). The fibers of this plant are widely used for the manufacture of various products: ropes, ropes, fabrics, bags for storing and transporting food. Such popularity of such material is explained by many factors:
- Security. Jute is immune to any chemicals and pesticides.
- Cheapness. The material is available and has a very low cost.
- Strength. The fibers contain a special bonding agent - lignin. It is thanks to him that jute is very strong and durable.
In addition, products made from jute fibers have a unique and very valuable property: if the room is very humid, the material absorbs water droplets (inside the fibers), but moisture does not penetrate to the wrong side of the product. Later, the excess moisture simply evaporates. Such an unusual and extremely useful property only increases the interest of producers in jute. Carpet manufacturers were no exception.
Consider the main features of products made from such an exotic material:
- Originality … If an unusual jute fiber rug appears in your home, it will attract attention. Such a product will be an excellent decoration for an oriental or country room. The pleasant natural color and natural shine of the material make the product very neat and attractive in appearance.
- Variety of shapes such a rug will also become an additional plus, since you can choose a product that is ideal for your interior. In addition, jute goes well with more familiar carpet materials. Therefore, more and more combined models appear on the modern market.
- Naturalness … Since jute is a 100% natural plant fiber, products made from it are environmentally friendly and hypoallergenic. This factor is especially important for those who care about their own health and the environment.
- Durability … As noted earlier, jute is an incredibly durable raw material. The product made of it will be resistant to mechanical stress and will retain its original appearance for many years.
- Hygroscopicity … Thanks to this property, jute rugs can be placed even in the bathroom. They will not slip, will not lose their shape from water, and will not accumulate excess moisture. This means that you should not be afraid of the formation of fungus or mold inside the fibers.
- Therapeutic effect. Since the threads of an exotic plant are very tough, products made from them will be excellent materials for foot massage. There are many important points on the feet that are responsible for the health of internal organs. Just walk on the rug and get a healing effect.
- Low cost. The material is affordable, cheap, and the price of carpets is also quite reasonable. This means that everyone can afford such an environmentally friendly, safe, useful and unusual product - regardless of their financial situation.
- Versatility … A jute rug will give your interior a complete look, make it more original. By the way, such a product is used not only for the floor, but also for decorating the walls. Place the product on the floor under your work area, in the kitchen, in the hallway, or in the bathroom.
The product will fit equally organically into any room - of course, if we are not talking about too luxurious style (then the jute rug will look rustic). The product holds its shape perfectly, does not slip or wrinkle underfoot, therefore it is often used as a yoga mat or other physical exercises.
It is worth noting that jute threads are distinguished by significant rigidity. If this is a disadvantage for you, but you still want to buy a product, there is a simple solution. In modern stores, there are many options for combined products.
You can choose a rug with a wool upper (faux or natural) and a jute underside. So the price of the rug becomes significantly lower. The product acquires the useful properties of both materials at once. It does not slip on the floor and does not accumulate moisture (thanks to jute) and is soft thanks to the woolen fibers.
How to take care of your product?
Since jute does not accumulate moisture and dust, it does not need to be cleaned very often. However, do not neglect the rules of hygiene, so that too much dust does not form in the fibers. This is especially important if the rug is in a child's room or bedroom.
Jute is a natural material, but it is very easy to care for. If you plant a stain on your garment, simply rinse the stained area with detergent.
For best results, it is advisable to remove stains as soon as they appear. After cleaning with water, it is recommended to dry the product with a hair dryer (in a gentle mode). A jet of warm air will not disturb the structure of the material, the jute will not deform and will not stop shining. A vacuum cleaner and even a stiff brush will also not be able to ruin the carpet.
It is better to carefully study the recommendations of the manufacturer of the goods and strictly follow them.… In this case, the jute fiber mat will retain its attractive appearance and cleanliness for a long time.
Many users are pleased with the affordable price and versatility of such products. Jute rugs are purchased for sports, foot massage, flooring in the bathroom, hallway and kitchen.
The housewives are pleased with the practicality of the material, it is easy to wash, any stains are easily removed and do not eat into the material. The jute rug also delighted the pet owners. When compared with analogs from other materials, it can be noted that jute does not accumulate wool and moisture on itself, it is easy to clean. So you don't have to worry about your pet's six spreading all over the place and ruining the carpet.
It should be noted that the majority of customers liked the relatively low cost of this product. Jute rugs are a great investment. The main thing is to choose a quality product from a reliable manufacturer, then you will not be disappointed.
A jute rug can be knitted by hand. See the next video for how to do this.