A room cannot be called cozy if it does not have such an irreplaceable textile product as a carpet. It helps not only to warm the feet of household members, but at the same time it is an integral part of the interior. Carpets make it more complete and harmonious. Sometimes these floor textiles are the finishing touch to a perfect design. You will learn about which monochrome flooring models are best to choose and what to look for at the same time, you will learn from this article.
Features of the
As the name implies, plain carpets are presented exclusively in one color or tone. Such textile models can be made from natural or artificial materials, from which the subsequent price of such a product will be formed. Natural models most often include wool, cotton, and sometimes silk carpets. All artificial options are made from a variety of synthetic materials.
Solid carpets do not imply the presence of any patterns on them, various patterns and prints.
This type of flooring is considered very popular, practical and convenient. If you need to choose something versatile, then a plain carpet will come in handy. Especially such models are popular among young people living in modern apartments and apartments.
Solid carpets go well with a huge number of modern styles, this includes minimalism, high-tech, and many others. Also, the popularity of such products is due to the huge selection of a wide variety of colors in which manufacturers produce such products, so it will not be difficult to find an option suitable for a particular interior.
A nice feature is also the fact that in most cases there is no need to resort to the services of designers and decorators. Choosing a plain carpet is as easy as shelling pears, here you do not need to think about the combination of various patterns on it with interior items and many other things, which may excite some buyers so much. The main thing is that the main color of the carpet complements the entire interior, and does not fundamentally contradict it.
Among the various carpets made in plain colors, you can find the following models:
- Long-haired (shaggy options);
- Medium pile models;
- Short or low pile;
Solid carpets always look very advantageous, they do not require any additions.
Which to choose?
Monochrome light and nude carpets can visually enlarge the room, while they do not have to attract attention to themselves. A plain carpet in a light design is perfect for a bedroom, a modern living room or a hall.
Dark shades of floor textiles are perfect for spacious suites, living rooms, study rooms, kitchens and dining areas. As for the colorful models, they will be an excellent addition to the modern children's room.
To date, it will not be difficult to purchase the carpet you need, since many firms and brands, both domestic and foreign, offer a lot of the most diverse and sometimes extraordinary models.
When buying a plain carpet for your home, you should pay attention to the following:
- The main characteristic of plain carpets is their versatility. They will easily complement any interior. But at the same time, the better the material will be used when creating them, the more expensive they will cost.
- Composition. This criterion determines not only the appearance of the product itself, but also its service life. It is preferable to choose models from natural materials, however, for example, a synthetic carpet is also suitable for a bathroom. In addition, allergy sufferers should also be careful with natural fibers;
- Color also plays a big role. When choosing dim and light carpets, do not forget that it will be quite difficult to care for them, but at the same time they always look very elegant, especially in bedrooms;
- Don't forget about size too. A large plain carpet will perfectly fit into a room with a large area, but sometimes purchasing several carpets at once can be a good option, with which you can select zones in the room. This technique is especially relevant for a studio apartment.
- High pile carpets will be much more difficult to cleanthan, for example, lint-free models.
It is very important to choose this kind of carpets exclusively at stationary retail outlets, since in online stores you cannot touch the product and examine it from all sides.
We select the style and color
Solid carpets can be made in a variety of shapes, which is their undoubted advantage, while they are perfectly combined with a variety of styles. The following colors will be in harmony with this or that interior style best of all:
- Black, navy blue and gray plain carpet models are perfect for spacious apartments in minimalist or high-tech style. They look best in bedrooms, spacious halls and living rooms, of course, if the interior allows the use of such a color.
- Brown models in a monochromatic design are suitable for classrooms, offices and living rooms. All shades of brown make the interior even more cozy. For a feeling of maximum comfort, a plain chocolate or beige carpet can be placed in the hallway or corridor.
- Carpets in bright and solid colors will be a great addition to the children's room. Yellow, red and any other bright rug in a solid color may well become an ideal addition to a modern interior, for example, in a kitchen. With the help of bright carpets, you can easily highlight certain areas in rooms.
It is very important that this or that color of the carpet should not be a complete contradiction to the entire interior; any carpet should harmoniously complement the apartment, and not be an absurd contrast.
A little about textures
Many experts recommend that when choosing a future carpet, take into account the flooring itself in a house or apartment. So, for example, if the room has light parquet, linoleum or laminate flooring, it is best to choose a solid color product for a pastel floor.
Cold shades of the floor are perfectly combined with bright and contrasting colors. For example, wine, burgundy, purple and other bright models of carpets in a monochromatic design will be very beneficial to beat the entire interior.
If you choose a palace of an unusual shape, then do not forget that this shape should be ideally combined with the furniture in the interior.
As for the textures themselves, a good solution would be to combine a carpet with upholstered furniture and bedspreads on sofas.
Some solid colors come with imitation quilts. These carpet models will be very useful if you decide to arrange this kind of blanket in the same color on the sofa.
Solid carpets, for example with lace or lace stripes around the edge, will go well with similarly styled cushions, bedspreads, curtains and other textiles.
We place in the interior
Solid colors work best in recreational areas, such as a seating area or reading area. If you want to place such a covering next to the fireplace, then do not forget about safety measures and retreat a certain distance.
It is very advantageous to place a large palace next to a cozy coffee table, around which there are sofas and armchairs.
The carpet located directly under the table in the dining area looks very advantageous. The most interesting are bright and deep colors and shades, for example, when furniture is in black, and the carpet can be burgundy or bright scarlet.
Dark solid color options with long pile will be in perfect harmony with shiny tiles or tiles on the floor.
Although plain flooring is not a very complicated textile flooring, sometimes questions can arise with it. If you are still not sure which model will best fit your home interior, it is best to seek professional help. After all, properly selected textiles will delight households for many years, besides, with the help of decorators and designers, you can significantly save time on your personal choice of floor textiles.
Summing up, we can say for sure that even with the help of a monochromatic carpet, you can make a special accent on the floor, which will attract many glances from guests. Especially carpets and rugs in a monochromatic design will be indispensable for city apartments, because they are perfectly combined with modern styles.
You will learn more about how to create coziness in the house using plain carpets in the following video.