Sliding glass doors have become incredibly popular today. This is due to the practicality, functionality, and stylish appearance of such structures. Thanks to the glazing of the veranda or gazebo in a country house, the room will look complete and beautiful. But the most important thing is that you can be there in cold weather, while not losing sight of the wonderful view of nature.
Difference from swing
Doors with a sliding mechanism have many more advantages than similar swing models. Let's list the main differences between these two types:
- Saving space. This factor is the key difference. When planning the installation, you do not have to lay a few extra square meters so that the door can be opened freely, so this door option is ideal for small spaces. You will be able to use the space as efficiently as possible.
- Guaranteed tightness. Sliding systems will not open due to a sudden gust of wind or strong draft. Such structures will be securely closed at any time of the year, regardless of the weather. The leaves are securely fixed in any given position.
- Convenience and practicality. Unlike swing doors, sliding doors do not scratch the floor or adjacent furniture. Even curtains and blinds will retain their original appearance much longer, since the material will not constantly touch the structural elements when opened.
- Style and beauty. Of course, there are also attractive models among swing doors. However, sliding designs look much more modern. There are options for designs without frames and lintels, which means that nothing will block the view. Doors like these add grace and lightness to the facade, making its appearance more attractive. They can even be installed on the second floor. A variety of models will also delight buyers. On sale there are options from polycarbonate, with glass, as well as aluminum and wooden doors and even soft PVC doors. You can easily find a design that matches your design.
One might think that glass doors are very fragile and have a short lifespan. But this is absolutely not the case. The constructions are made of high-quality, thick impact-resistant glass. The design is resistant to temperature extremes and mechanical stress. Do not be afraid of the well-established opinion that glass is a very fragile and impractical material.
Thanks to modern developments, glass sliding doors will serve you for years to come.
Today, there are three main types of designs with a sliding mechanism:
Tilt and slide. In terms of its specifics, the way of opening such a structure is very similar to bus doors. The movement of the canvas is carried out in two directions: towards itself and to the side. In the design of such a system, a special device is provided that allows you to fix the door in any position, and also turn it into a window to ventilate the room. This design is ideal for terraces, balconies and verandas. However, it should be remembered that such a mechanism is not resistant to excessive loads. You can extend the service life of the curtain by purchasing special overlays for the threshold that protect it from external damage
Lifting and sliding. To open a door with such a mechanism, you need to slightly raise the canvas and move it to the side. When closing the structure, the seals press the frame in the lower part and are securely fixed. Thus, the heat is reliably stored inside the room. A similar system is installed in wardrobes
Foldable sliding. This is the most unusual system in appearance. The design consists of several leaves, which, when closed, completely open the doorway. In terms of external characteristics, such a system is very similar to an accordion. Such a door looks original and stylish, while being very functional. If necessary, you can completely free up space and make the door almost invisible, or you can partially open the sashes. If you like such a model, you should remember that it has very low heat-insulating performance, therefore it is suitable only as an interior structure or a door for a warm season
The price of sliding glazing is slightly higher than similar options. However, if we take into account all the advantages of such designs, then the amount looks quite justified. Let's list the main parameters that affect the final cost of doors:
- thickness and type of glass;
- total glazing area;
- variety of designs;
- the presence of decorative elements;
- material for the production of frames and fittings;
- type of installation (independent or professional).
If you decide to order such a structure for your veranda or gazebo, be sure to follow the operating conditions recommended by the manufacturer.
Then glass doors will serve you as long as possible.
You will learn more about sliding glass doors for the veranda, terrace and gazebo in the following video.