Gone are the days when workaholics and students pored under an incandescent lamp at a desk in every home. Thanks to the advancement of artificial lighting technology, the modern market is offering super economical LED table lamps of the highest quality. Their design is so diverse, and the price range is wide that everyone is able to easily choose a model that suits their taste, taking into account their material capabilities.
Features and Benefits
The first table lamps in history appeared in ancient Greece and consisted of a bowl of oil with a textile wick in the center. In the 19th century, oil lamps were modernized: the bowl acquired legs and a lamp shade that protects against soot. And with the help of a special wheel, the brightness level was adjusted. To date, table lamps have improved so much that in appearance they are hardly similar to their oily ancestors, lighting is provided by completely different technologies.
Lighting fixtures with LED lamps deserve special attention. They work due to optical radiation that occurs when an electric current is applied to a semiconductor device. In English, such a system is called a light-emitting diode, abbreviated as LED.
LED table lamp has a number of advantages:
- Saving energy … When generating light, this device consumes 7 times less energy compared to a conventional incandescent lamp;
- Environmental friendliness … The absence of mercury ions and other toxic substances simplifies the disposal of the light bulb;
- Security … During operation, the light bulb does not heat up to a temperature that can cause a burn;
- Lighting quality and lamp housing … Bright and contrasting radiation allows you to keep the shades of objects as they would in natural daylight.
The color of the radiation that a diode lamp generates depends on the operating temperature range. So, for example, in the range up to 3000 K, a table lamp will give light with a yellowish tint, in the range up to 4200 K - white, close to natural light, a blue tint is given by a powerful lamp with an operating range of more than 6000 K. Thanks to the built-in dimming system, modern lighting devices can be used in different household conditions.
Their safety during operation is of great importance. This expands the possibilities of using these lighting devices, they are safe to use both in the children's room and in hospital wards.
In addition, this device ensures the stability of the mental state of its user. LED light sources, unlike conventional incandescent installations, do not flicker when burned out, disturbing the emotional balance.
Depending on the purpose, table lamps with diodes can have either directional light suitable for work, or diffused light, which is optimal for the bedroom. Lamps intended mainly for work are made of transparent glass flasks, bedside lamps are mainly made of frosted glass or are equipped with an additional shade. The latter perform not only a lighting function, but also serve as a decorative element for the house - they illuminate recreation areas, niches, decorate the living room and bedroom space.
In terms of style, such table lamps are close in design to high-tech and modern. Practicality and minimalism of the design are welcomed: convenient light adjustment, the ability to turn the plafond, and often remote control. However, for lovers of the classics, options are available, the lampshades of which are made of natural materials, and the body of glass, ceramics, decorated acrylic.
The modern lighting market offers a wide range of lighting designs. Depending on personal preferences and the place of use, table lamps are divided by the type of power supply into models that take energy from the general network, and into battery-powered options by the type of a flashlight (there is also a rechargeable rechargeable battery).
The reading table lamp has its own additional options. The dimmable and height-adjustable models solve the problem of the degree of illumination, and the flexible design of the lamp head allows you to direct the light flow in the desired direction. Dimmable lamps are also used for hospital bedside tables. Modern office models have useful features such as a built-in touchpad with a clock or thermometer.
Foldable, wireless, battery-operated table-mount model suitable for people who are often on the road and on business trips. Such lamps are most often made of lightweight materials, and due to their bending points, a compact size is achieved.
In beauty salons, dental clinics and other medical institutions, one of the most popular lighting devices is an illuminated magnifier. Built into a magnifying glass, LED bulbs create the right lighting to quickly and efficiently perform complex procedures on the patient's face and body.
- LED table lamps perform not only the function of local lighting, but also a lamp of a certain design emphasizes the desired concept of the room. Their choice is so diverse that it is impossible to describe all the options. This article provides an overview of several of the most popular models now.
- Deserves special attention floor LED lamp. It, like the desktop one, is an additional source of illumination of the workspace, but unlike it, it does not take up space on the table.
If lighting of a large space is required, you should pay attention to LED strip lighting fixtures. These models will also favorably emphasize the laconically designed niches in the room.
- For local shadowless lighting choose lamps with lens. Built-in magnifying glasses allow you to repair watches, jewelry and other delicate work.
- Popular model of night light "Masha and the Bear" - a favorite choice for children's rooms. It is equipped with a lampshade depicting cartoon characters. When the time for sleep comes, the inscription "Good night" appears on the plafond.
The LED table lamp housing uses the same materials as for a conventional lamp. And the choice depends on the personal preferences of the consumer.
- The most common material from which LED table lamps are made is iron … Products made from it are available to a wide range of consumers due to the combination of low prices and a variety of design solutions. The surface of iron lamps is coated with various compounds, thereby achieving the desired aesthetic effect.
- Table lamps brass (copper alloy) is an expensive pleasure. They are distinguished by their body strength and wear resistance. However, it should be borne in mind that over time, brass can become covered with a specific coating (comparable to bronze). To prevent this situation, the lamp body is coated with a special compound that protects it from temporary oxidation.
Most often, this material is used in the manufacture of classic table lamps, there are often vintage elements in the product, a touch of antiquity.
- Very popular products from glass … When choosing lamps with a glass base or a lampshade, you should pay attention to the products of Italian manufacturers, who use Murano glass, porcelain, crystal and even clay as materials. In general, these lamps look expensive and unusual. A distinctive feature of these products is their environmental friendliness.
- Less common, but they occur wooden table lamp models. As a rule, they are produced by small private workshops. On the market, there are mainly models made of other materials with wood elements. These table lamps are chosen by adherents of the Art Nouveau style.
- Exclusive options are table lamps, where the base material is used a natural stone … These are very expensive products, so natural stone is replaced with artificial marble, synthetic onyx and malachite.
- LED table lamps are no less popular on the market. made of plastic … The variety of designs is achieved by using different coatings of the product material.
Raw materials for the production of such lamps are inexpensive, this is reflected in the low cost of the final product.
Of course, the main function of any table lamp is to illuminate a specific area in the room. However, do not forget that the lamp is part of the interior and should be harmoniously combined with the general concept of the room, fill the room with coziness and comfort.
Table lamps of dark colors (brown, black, dark green, burgundy) are used more often in bedrooms with classic-style interiors or in home offices with solid wood furniture. Such items are often decorated with stones, glass and gilding.
In living rooms, lamps of lighter colors with pastel shades are chosen as additional lighting.
Tiffany decorative table lamps have taken pride of place in Art Nouveau interiors. These exquisite lamps with a lampshade made of small multi-colored glass appeared at the end of the 19th century and have not lost their popularity to this day due to the originality of their design. In the manufacture of this luminaire, elements of stained glass technology are used. The colorful lampshades of this model will delight the eye both in the personal office and in the living room.
The white lamp is ideal for a dressing table located in the washroom, and it is favorably combined with earthenware elements.
Bright lamps are suitable for children's rooms. Cheerful colors not only develop a child's imagination, but also help to freshen up the interior. The market offers a wide variety of children's table lamps in all colors of the rainbow. Inexpensive plastic lamps of spectacular neon colors, models with images of cartoon characters and fairy tales are in demand. For high school students, they acquire more strict options, restrained colors (blue, red, black).
LED table lamps that are used to illuminate the workspace in the office should not be bright and annoying. They choose models that match in color and material with office furniture and appliances. Therefore, usually in shops of lighting equipment for offices, metallic colors and various shades of gray prevail.
Due to the fact that the demand for LED technology in Russia began much later than in other countries, the leading manufacturers of these devices have just begun to occupy their niches in the domestic market. Due to the fact that the list of Russian manufacturers is still small, foreign companies have carefully aimed at our market and are carrying out various works to make their equipment more accessible to Russian consumers, for example, through the Russification of foreign catalogs.
The products of European manufacturers are of high quality, safety and modern design, but this is reflected in their high cost.
Famous world company Philips has a wide product portfolio of LED lamps. Their products are available everywhere. Based on their financial capabilities, it is realistic to purchase a product with an LED installation in the price range from 1000 to 6000 rubles
- Another German manufacturer - MW-light, no less famous than Philips, offers table LED lamps at prices ranging from 700 to 4000 rubles.
- Company Foton Lighting, whose head office is located in London, offers more budget options costing about 1,500 rubles.
If we consider the products of Russian manufacturers, then in many cases our products are not inferior in quality to foreign LED lamps. However, it is more affordable for the price.
Company table lamps Eurosvet cost from 700 rubles, and you can buy them in almost every lighting store
A worthy place in the domestic LED market is occupied by the company Elvan… The presence of a full production cycle in the country, as well as numerous awards in the nominations "Technology of the future and" Technology of environmental protection "brought this manufacturer to the ranks of leaders not only in our country, but also made it possible to compete with foreign manufacturers in the global arena of light technologies …
However, the cost of Elvan products is higher than that of competitors. Prices for designer table lamps with diodes reach 40,000 rubles. The cost of ordinary lamps is 2,500 rubles. But the quality of the products is always on top.
If there is a need to buy a table lamp with LEDs, when choosing, you need to pay attention not only to the information indicated on the packaging and recommendations of the store's consultant, but also to real reviews of consumers who have been using this device for some time. The most accurate will be reviews drawn up after a certain period of operation (from six months).
Independent tests provide an objective opinion on LED technology. Thus, a study of the technical characteristics of Philips lamps showed that none of the declared indicators was overestimated, and the power consumption was an order of magnitude lower than that of Chinese counterparts.
According to users, the products of the German company MW-light often do not reach the warranty period, presumably due to the partial use of Chinese elements.
British manufacturers Foton Lighting have earned a very good popular reputation. Their lamps, from compact to large, are very bright regardless of size, while requiring little power consumption. Their peculiarity is that when turned on, the maximum brightness is not achieved immediately, but only after a certain period. The service life of the products is assessed as very long.
Reviews of domestic products are very good. We are pleased with the affordability of Eurosvet lamps. However, the quality does not satisfy - in some cases, the lighting fixture burns out after a week, which indicates a large number of manufacturing defects.
The Russian company Evlan received more recognition among the consumers of LED lamps. The service life of the product corresponds to that stated in the passport, the energy savings are tangible, but not everyone likes the cost.
In this video you will find an overview of the FunDesk LC1 LED desk lamp.