The world market offers a huge range of chandeliers in different styles, sizes and types. Modern chandeliers and lighting fixtures are an important component of any interior, therefore, the choice of such an important detail must be treated with great responsibility. Only correctly selected lighting devices are able to fill the room with coziness and a positive atmosphere.
There is a huge range of chandeliers on the market today. They have different manufacturers, but regardless of this, they have the same classification:
Ceiling… They are compact in size and can be combined with almost any type of interior. They are stylish and suitable for rooms with low ceilings, which is why they are often combined with modern style. This version of the luminaire is mounted to the ceiling itself, and thanks to the shape of the plafond, they are ideal for rooms with low ceilings. Inconvenient is the fact that you have to remove the cover to replace the light bulb, therefore it is recommended to use energy-saving light bulbs
Suspended… They are also called classic, as they fit perfectly into the classic style of the interior. This type of chandelier was created as one of the options for displaying luxury and wealth, and every year they become more and more popular. They are shaped like a pendant light that is fixed to the ceiling with a chain, making it easy to adjust the height. This type of luminaire is considered the most common and versatile, as it can be used in rooms of all sizes. These pendant chandeliers create a festive atmosphere, because they are made of crystal, fabric, metal, plastic and are decorated with shiny decor
Chandeliers are classified as separate types of lamps that are used only for large rooms with high ceilings.
When choosing modern chandeliers and lamps, it is necessary to take into account not only the style of the interior of the room, but also the height of the ceiling, as well as the volume of the room. The larger and more spacious the room, the more luxurious a chandelier is needed for it. In addition to the main chandelier, it is definitely recommended to install additional lamps. They help to create flawless lighting and serve as illumination for a specific part of the room.
When choosing a chandelier or lamp, many buyers do not know which form of these products will suit a particular type of interior. After all, each of them is characterized by an individual style. All forms of these lighting fixtures can be roughly divided into several types: rectangular, triangular, square, oval and round chandeliers.
During the manufacture of modern chandeliers and lamps, a lot of ideas are used, for the implementation of which the craftsmen have to work with a large number of materials:
- The main … They are used to make the base. These include metal, crystal, glass, fittings and wood.
- Decorative … They are used for the manufacture of decorative elements. The most common among them are fabric, glass, crystal, metal, plastic and wood.
The price of finished products depends on the quality of the materials. If artificial materials were used during the manufacture, then the price of the lamp will not be high, but the more expensive and better the materials, the higher its cost.
The very first step in interior design is planning the lighting of the room. It is necessary to lay high-quality wiring, which must withstand the planned loads. To do this, you need to pay attention to lighting modes. The first duty should be the ability to change the lighting intensity of the room, which depends on the needs of the electrical appliance. This is especially important to consider in bedrooms.
Lighting mode occurs when the lamp is on or off, as well as when the LED backlight is installed.
When lighting is planned, you need to determine the power of the light bulb, which is screwed into the chandelier:
- for the kitchen and living room you will need a 20 watt light bulb;
- suitable for a bedroom for 10-12 watts;
- in the office, bath and children's maximum power - 18 watts.
It is important to know that light can change its color, and this must be taken into account, since with different shades of light, the perception of the same interior changes.
In order to make the most correct choice of modern chandeliers and lamps, it is necessary to take into account the peculiarities of interior design:
- When choosing a luminaire, you need to take into account the dimensions of the room. It is important to understand that a small chandelier in a large room will not be noticeable, and a large one will simply not fit into a small room.
- The shape and decor of the product should be combined with the style of the room.
- The lighting and the look of the lamp should be in harmony with the overall interior.
- The design of the ceiling must be taken into account.
- Chandelier maintenance is just as important. If this is a kitchen, then you need to select the most practical model.
- In the presence of spot lighting, chandeliers and lamps are selected taking into account the individual characteristics of the room.
In the process of choosing a modern chandelier or lamp, you need to clearly understand where and how it will be located. For instance:
Into the hall a luxurious chandelier is perfect, which will not only fill it with light, but also bring a certain touch of sophistication into the room, creating a festive atmosphere with a play of light
For bedroom it is worth choosing the safest designs that will provide the required level of lighting and make the room cozy. A good option here is a chandelier with four matte shades
- In the kitchen chandeliers look beautiful under the ceiling.
- Into the hallway most often, sconces are installed that do not take up much space and at the same time illuminate the entire area well.
- In the bathroom it is recommended to use round shades or wall lamps.
All these factors must be taken into account when choosing a modern chandelier or lamp.
You can also make an individual model to order. A variety of materials can be used for work, ranging from metal to decorative elements. Many people prefer to create chandeliers and lamps with their own hands using imagination and scrap materials. Such products look quite stylish and creative. It is these specimens that make the interior truly beautiful, original and unusual.
How to make a chandelier with your own hands, see the next video.
Like any other product, modern chandeliers and lamps have their own fashion trends. The main guiding line of such products is the classic style, which does not lose its relevance over the years.
When choosing these interior items, you need to pay attention to a number of details:
- the presence of crystal, bronze or glass;
- the presence of at least three tiers in one product;
- rich cut and chic decor.
The color scheme also has its own characteristics:
- crystal of black or golden color;
- the lampshade can be purple;
- the main colors are gray and black.
- When choosing chandeliers or lamps in retro style it is worth paying due attention to the material from which they are made. The ideal option would be antique wood or glass, which gives the finished product a natural beauty.
- Chandeliers art nouveau also occupy high positions in the popularity rating among lighting fixtures. Such a chandelier perfectly complements almost any interior style, which makes it versatile. Its main difference is considered to be the chaotic arrangement of the plafonds, which gives the product style and beauty.
- Light fixtures hi-tech appeared on the world market relatively recently, but have already taken an honorable place along with other models. They are actively used in the arrangement of residential premises, as well as public places.
One of the modern styles is "high tech" … In this version, the correctness of the lines and the absence of catchy details play an important role, which brings it closer to minimalism. For this style, plastic, glass and various metals are used. The color scheme consists of three colors: black, blue and gray, as well as their shades.
Style titled "loft" designed for rooms with high ceilings. The designs of chandeliers and lighting fixtures for this area are made both on a mass scale and individually to order. The main material used in production is metal. A feature of this style is geometric designs, which contributes to the design flight of fantasies.
For style modern unusual and ultra-modern combinations are appropriate. For example, you can place a classic lamp in a wire cube or a natural vine circle, as well as other extravagant combinations. Such compositions look very stylish and original.
Style provence harmoniously combines classics and some features of minimalism. The main nuances of this style are wood and metal with a worn effect. Therefore, chandeliers and lamps for him are made in light and delicate colors.
Examples in the interior
There are a huge number of interior options, but in order to have an understanding of how to choose a chandelier for a particular design, you need to consider several options:
- On white or light kitchen background a chandelier in dark colors looks great. Kitchen furniture in white or beige color, complemented by a beautiful volumetric chandelier, is considered to be an ideal combination.
- If a in the kitchen high ceilings and there is a desire to add some kind of celebration to the interior, then a stylish classic design of dark color is perfect.
- In a spacious room classic style with a predominance of beige colors, gold sconces are always appropriate.
- Chandeliers with multiple shades, chaotically arranged one to one, will perfectly fit into any interior. A modern semi-antique chandelier in a suitable color scheme is suitable here.
- For the living room in a modern style, an original chandelier would be a good option. The main thing is that it should be in high-tech style. This will add restraint and conciseness to the room. At the same time, the lamp will not look dull against the background of other interior items.
- If the color scheme of the bedroom in brown tones, you can safely complement the design with a white glass chandelier. She will not only add luxury to the interior, but also revive the overall color scheme, adding freshness to it.
- To the children's room a beautiful classic lamp is perfect. It will create the necessary level of lighting, as well as bring coziness and comfort to the atmosphere.
In the process of decorating a room, the main goal is to create coziness and comfort. Modern chandeliers and lamps are so diverse that you can easily choose the most suitable product option for each type of interior, filling the atmosphere with light and warmth. To do this, you need to choose the right luminaire and, if necessary, install additional lighting. Only a careful approach to the choice of lighting fixtures can fill the atmosphere with coziness and make the interior special.