The carpet is not just a decoration of the premises, but also an excellent floor insulation. Modern carpets are made from a material called viscose. Its second name is artificial silk, because the play and play of the pile looks very much like silk. Beautiful viscose carpets are becoming more and more popular every year due to their incomparable quality.
Features of the
Viscose carpets are characterized by a chic appearance, as well as many other features, which include:
- Manufacturing process. Such products are made both by hand and by machine. Ready-made copies outwardly are not inferior to silk tracks. Viscose is a recycled wood pulp that is produced artificially, but from natural materials.
- The producers are most often countries such as Turkey, Belgium, India, China and many others.
- Viscose carpets are actively used both in ordinary residential apartments and in public places.
- The durability of these products is at the highest level and this indicator does not at all depend on the height of the pile.
- Sun resistance. They do not fade at all, which allows them to preserve their original qualities for many years.
- This carpet option belongs to the category of the most affordable.
In fact, they are made from paper, but their quality and appearance are almost equal to natural silk products.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any other product, viscose carpets have both positive and negative sides. The advantages of these carpets include:
- The material from which they are made. It is well dyed, thanks to which a large and colorful assortment of these products is presented on the world market.
- The quality of weaving, which is as close as possible to silk weaving, while the cost of viscose carpets is much lower.
- Nice and soft to the touch pile.
- They do not cause allergies, which allows the use of such floor coverings for people with similar health problems.
- Lightweight and practical, due to which they are excellent for moving and transporting.
- Safe for health.
In addition to the advantages, these carpets also have their disadvantages:
- They are unstable to moisture, therefore, if water gets on their surface, it is necessary to blot it as quickly and carefully with a dry napkin or cotton towel.
- Viscose rugs must not be used in kitchens, bathrooms and toilets. There, the product will quickly lose its quality.
- This type of coating can be cleaned in dry cleaning or independently with special viscose products.
- The tendency to catch fire, so it is better not to lay them near fireplaces or electric heaters.
- Spots appear over time. This is especially noticeable on light coatings.
- Sliding base requiring additional fixation on the floor surface. First of all, this applies to large coatings.
- Twice a year the carpet must be turned over to ensure even wear.
- Such carpets are inappropriate in rooms with pets.
When buying viscose carpets, be sure to consider all the pros and cons of this flooring option.
Only the right and well-thought-out choice will allow you to create coziness in the room and fully enjoy the comfortable atmosphere.
Modern viscose carpets can be confidently called elite products. All of them are divided into two types of weaving:
- Machine, when products are made on a machine. The quality is carefully checked and controlled here, so that the finished products fully comply with all norms and standards.
- Manual - this production option is expensive and has its positive aspects. The product is made by hand by craftsmen who are responsible for the process of making carpets. They have an original drawing and design. The customer himself can develop an individual form and design that will have no analogues. At the same time, the cost of this carpet is much higher than that created by machine, since it takes about three months to make one such copy.
The sizes of viscose carpets can be very different. It all depends on the parameters of the room where this or that model will be located. Thin products with a size of 170 * 240 cm, as well as more voluminous items, are in great demand.
When deciding on the size of a viscose carpet, it is worth considering some of the nuances:
- Small ones are suitable for focusing attention on a certain area of the room.
- Mediums allow you to correctly divide the room into zones and emphasize all their advantages.
- Large ones serve to completely cover the floor, but at the same time there must be gaps on the sides up to 20 cm.
Viscose carpets can be of different shapes:
- Round. Fits perfectly into any room. Such models are well suited for a nursery or bedroom. Sizes can be very different, both standard and individual.
- Octagonal. Carpets made in this shape look beautiful in any room.
- Oval. Perfect for the kitchen.
- Square. It is in perfect harmony with a room of the same shape.
Experts recommend buying viscose carpets, based on the specifics of the interior, as well as personal preferences.
The color range of viscose carpets can be very diverse. Viscose is easy to dye, which allows you to easily choose the model of the desired color. You can purchase both monochromatic and multi-colored products, while all of them will have a high-quality and rich appearance.
In order to make sure of the quality of the dye with which the viscose carpet is painted, you need to run a white cotton cloth over the pile. If there are obvious traces, then this will be the first sign of the use of low-quality dyes.
The assortment of carpets is quite diverse. Each ornament is beautiful and unique in its own way. All patterns on viscose carpets are divided into several types:
- geometric figures.
Products with geometric patterns and zebra patterns are very popular.
It is worth noting that each image carries a certain meaning and symbolism, therefore, when choosing, this fact should be taken into account.
Modern viscose rugs can be a great addition to any type of interior. Among them there are models for almost every taste, so there is a suitable copy for every style of interior. For instance:
- Plain colors are in perfect harmony with any interior.
- Abstract will perfectly emphasize design solutions in the high-tech direction. Most often they are laid in offices, choosing models in bright colors.
- With animals and nature, they are used in living quarters, for example, in the bedroom.
- Fusion is distinguished by non-standard sizes and acid-bright colors. These carpets are most often made to order.
For different rooms
Each carpet shape is suitable for a specific type of room.Among the viscose carpets, there are floor examples and those that are intended exclusively for wall decor. For instance:
- Products made using the patchwork technique fit perfectly into spacious rooms. If you lay such a carpet in the middle of the room, installing a small coffee table on it, complemented by beautiful furniture, you get a very cozy seating area. This shape is combined with arches, bay windows and twisted furniture. To unite the areas of the room into one whole, the coating is often used in this particular technique, combining with its help the main shades of both rooms and making them more harmonious.
- The 3D effect on carpets is used when there is a need to visually extend the area of the room. Such options perfectly complement bedrooms, nurseries and living rooms. They look presentable both in the classic interior style and in the modern one. The main thing is to choose the right image.
- Square, rectangular or rhombus-shaped are actively used for space zoning, as well as as a solid covering.
Do not forget that the lighter the floor, the darker the carpet should be. This is done in order to highlight all its benefits.
How to choose?
It is very important to choose the right carpet to match the style of the interior, which will give a feeling of comfort to those around you every day. To do this, you need to know several criteria:
- The seller must have documents that prove the quality of the selected product.
- You need to navigate the current manufacturers, assessing their reputation and customer reviews. It is worth remembering that real viscose carpets have impeccable quality indicators and a fairly dense texture.
- It is worth paying attention to the quality of the pile. It should have a soft texture, as well as the shine and smoothness inherent in viscose. This is how they differ from products made of polypropylene.
- You need to check the quality of the dye. Only professionally painted coatings can ensure their attractiveness over the years.
In order for the purchased viscose carpet not to lose its pristine beauty, you need to properly care for it, preventing exposure to moisture.
How to care?
Having become the owner of a viscose carpet, you need to know some of their features. If you follow the simple rules for caring for such coatings, you can significantly extend their service life. They are as follows:
- It is necessary to install rayon carpets on a dry and level surface. It is desirable that it be smooth and free from flaws, because uneven floors often stretch these coatings, deforming them.
- For even wear of the pile, you need to turn the carpet from time to time, preserving its original qualities.
- It is forbidden to place heavy objects on the viscose covering in order to avoid deformation of the product and crease of the pile.
- Do not use water during cleaning, only dry reading is allowed. You need to vacuum the carpet using special attachments with a soft brush or without it at all. In this case, the speed is set to medium, in order to avoid damage to the fibers. Vacuum only in the direction of the pile. To keep the carpet completely clean, it is vacuumed on both sides.
- To clean up spilled water from the coating, apply a dry towel soak.
- If a stain appears, it must be removed immediately. For this, you can use specially designed chemicals for viscose products. They have a gentle effect and are applied to the surface in the form of foam. A slightly damp, porous scrubber is suitable here to minimize moisture ingress on the carpet.
- Once every six months, it is recommended to take the coating outside and shake it slightly. This is done to remove dust, unpleasant odors and help restore the lint.
- You can also use salt for cleaning.It should be scattered over the surface and left for several hours, then vacuum cleaned. This method is great for removing small dirt, as well as excess moisture.
Beautiful viscose rugs perfectly complement different types of interiors, bringing a touch of sophistication and originality to the atmosphere.
Models with high pile are ideal for the bedroom. They fill the room with warmth, comfort and aesthetic beauty. In addition, the high pile dampens the sound of footsteps, which makes these products practical and functional.
Variants with bright patterns and colors are suitable for the nursery. It must be of a geometric shape, for example, a square. Due to the need for frequent cleaning, it is recommended to opt for models with a short nap.
For the living room, it is important to successfully combine the carpet with the general style and furniture. A variety of shapes and colors are welcomed in this room.
When purchasing a viscose carpet, you should pay due attention to its positive and negative sides. It must be remembered that these coatings are quite whimsical to maintain and should not come into contact with water. Taking these nuances into account will preserve the original qualities of the carpet for many years.
For an overview of viscose carpet, see the following video.