Nowadays, the carpet market is truly rich in the choice of models, and they all differ in the length of the pile. Lint-free models occupy a special place among the whole variety of carpets, they were the first to appear. Handicrafts are considered to be especially chic, although the price for them is appropriate. The most popular of them are products from Turkey, China, Tunisia. Lint-free carpets are now gaining in popularity. They are very practical and easy to use, inexpensive and available in a wide range.
Varieties and features
A lint-free carpet is made using a special technology, in which the threads are intertwined in a checkerboard pattern. This allows you to make it two-sided, the pattern is repeated on both sides. After a while, such a carpet can be turned over and used like new.
There are several varieties of lint-free carpets:
Mat. Natural materials are used for its manufacture: reed, bamboo, jute, seaweed, sisal
Sumac. This carpet differs in that it has a pattern on one side only. The most common manufacturing countries are Dagestan and Persia. Silk and wool are usually used for weaving, and the colors are dominated by red and blue
Kilim. Such products appeared in Ancient Persia. For weaving then they took wool, linen, silk and cotton. Modern models in appearance are as close as possible to those first carpets, however, the composition contains synthetic fibers that extend the service life: viscose, acrylic, nylon
Palace. This rug is capable of covering the largest possible floor area in a room. Carpets are very different in colors, ornaments and decorations. They are very practical to use: when cleaning or washing, they do not deform and are able to withstand daily cleaning. Floor carpets are usually chosen for spacious rooms or for rooms with high traffic
Shadda and Yamani. A distinctive feature of these carpets is that when weaving a pattern, instead of two threads, three threads are used. The additional thread creates a special visual effect. As a pattern, camel caravans are usually depicted, and the predominant colors are red, black or red, blue
Zili. The manufacturing technology of the same carpets resembles shadd weaving. The most popular manufacturing country is Azerbaijan. When weaving, preference is given to red
Advantages and disadvantages
Lint-free carpets are very popular. This is due to a number of advantages:
- Double-sided drawing. As mentioned above, almost all products can be reused - when one of the sides is worn out.
- Low price. Among the lint-free products, you can find a product for every wallet - in comparison with other carpets. However, handicrafts or made exclusively from natural materials will be somewhat more expensive.
- Variety of colors and ornaments, among which you can choose a carpet that is ideal for any interior.
Benefit for health. The lint-free product makes it ideal for allergy-prone environments. Such coatings do not accumulate static electricity and have a massage effect. Most often they are woven from natural materials, which makes this coating very warm. The best manufacturers of natural carpets are Iraq, Turkey, China, Tunisia, Belgium
- Practicality. It is easy to care for lint-free products, it will be possible to maintain cleanliness without any problems, since they do not deform during washing. Lint-free carpet does not wear out longer, retains its original appearance, and does not accumulate dust and dirt.
- Versatility. It is a portable floor covering that will suit any space. There are practically no traces of furniture on a lint-free carpet, so it can always be moved to a new place.
Among the many advantages, lint-free carpets also have disadvantages:
- They are not attached to the floor in any way. If from above they are not pressed by the legs of the furniture, then they will constantly knock and slide along the floor. They will need to be returned to their place all the time.
- If the carpet is cotton, it is very sensitive to chemicals. It can only be washed with gentle means. In addition, the sun is contraindicated, as it will quickly burn out.
- The thickness of the carpet is minimal. It is not as pleasant to the touch as, for example, a fluffy, soft, long-pile carpet. In addition, it can be cold to sit on such a surface, so it is better to choose other options for children's rooms.
Materials used: how to care?
As mentioned above, lint-free carpets are most often woven from natural materials. They sometimes contain synthetic fibers - for greater strength and durability. Silk, linen, seaweed, bamboo, reed, jute are used from natural materials, but the most common models are cotton, woolen or with the addition of synthetics. After buying a lint-free carpet, you should adhere to several rules for caring for them:
Cotton. This material is the softest and most pleasant to the touch. It is cotton that is hypoallergenic and does not accumulate static electricity. In appearance, these models look like hand-woven, which makes the atmosphere in the room more cozy and homely
Cotton carpets require very gentle care. Aggressive cleaning can permanently damage them. The best option is dry cleaning, cleaning with an ordinary broom. In case of contamination - local cleaning using gentle agents. Carpet chemicals will not work here.
Woolen. They last longer than cotton - especially if made from goat, sheep or camel hair. They are warmer, better at absorbing noise and softer to the touch. You can use not only a broom, but also a vacuum cleaner, and wet cleaning is also allowed
Do not use chemicals. Woolen products should dry naturally; additional warm drying can lead to deformation.
Synthetic - this is the most practical type of carpets. They are notable for their low price, have dirt-repellent properties, last much longer (compared to other models), and are able to withstand dry cleaning. However, there is an unpleasant feature - the accumulation of static electricity, so you should not use such products in rooms with a large number of electrical appliances
General recommendations for caring for lint-free carpets:
- Lay lint-free products on a perfectly dry floor.
- Lint-free carpets (except for cotton) are amenable to all types of cleaning. They calmly endure knocking out, they can be bent, and in winter they can be carried out into the snow.
- With a damp wash, the water should not be very hot, just warm enough.
- It is better to wipe off stains immediately, rather than leaving them for a long time.
- In the process of cleaning, it is better to use soft brushes or products of medium hardness.
- Instead of cleaning agents, it is good to use tree sawdust or rock salt. They are scattered over the carpet in an even layer, allowed to absorb dirt and moisture, and then removed with a vacuum cleaner or brush.
- Coffee stains can be easily removed with a shampoo brush after removing moisture from the carpet. If the stain is dry, you need to rub glycerin into it at night, and in the morning you should remove the dirt with a soapy solution.
- Blood stains can be removed with a cloth soaked in cold water.
- If there are pets in the house, wool constantly accumulates on the carpet. To remove it, the carpet must first be vacuumed and then cleaned with the sticky side of the tape.
- If you are going to use any cleaner, test it on a small area of the carpet. If the color and material have not changed, you can safely use the product over the entire area.
Modern ideas in the interior
Lint-free carpets can be laid in absolutely any room - both in an apartment and in a private country house. Currently, the assortment is wide, you can choose a covering of any style, color, material or shape (oval, round, square or rectangular carpet).
Handicrafts are perfect for oriental-style rooms - with all kinds of ornaments reminiscent of the desert and caravans. In the interiors stylized in antique style, cotton or woolen carpets will organically look, creating the atmosphere of a village house from childhood. The carpet can be specially aged, which will help you immerse yourself in a cozy atmosphere even more.
For modern interiors, trendy lint-free models with bright ornaments and colors are suitable: pink, blue, olive, yellow. A colored carpet that combines several bright colors at once looks especially interesting.
Weed flooring has long been very popular. It is a great alternative to deep pile carpets. Choosing such a product, you can not be afraid for the accumulation of dust and dirt, and the feeling of being in a summer meadow will be no less.
Of all carpets, lint-free is the best option for laying in the kitchen. Such a product perfectly withstands cleaning, and also by its design fits perfectly into the room. Long pile in the kitchen gives the impression of bad taste. It is best to choose variegated options so that various contaminants are not so conspicuous.
Carpets of any color are suitable for the hall or living room - plain, calm or multi-colored, with stylish prints in the pop art style, if this corresponds to the concept of the entire interior.
There is always a lint-free carpet for every taste for children's rooms. Preference should be given to natural materials and bright colors. In intricate patterns, you can always see a variety of shapes, which helps to develop the imagination.
Among the many carpets from different countries on the market, Belgian collections stand out favorably. These carpets are maximally improved by manufacturers - using unique newest weaving technologies. They consist in a very dense weaving: even synthetic carpets can be compared to natural ones.
Belgian products are inexpensive, durable, do not cause allergies, and also withstand a large crowd of people. You can safely walk on them without shoes, it is possible to move furniture, therefore, such products are most often chosen by owners of hotels, hotels, shops. Belgian mats are thin - about 3 mm, which makes them very light. It is very convenient for transportation. Such products will perfectly fit into any room, will delight any buyer. In the photo below you can see what options for flooring in the premises are offered by Belgian manufacturers.
For an overview of lint-free carpets, see the next video.