In the modern world, LED lamps are found at every step. No office, industrial or public institution can do without them. They are also used to illuminate the home interior. This type of overhead lighting fixtures can be easily installed on the ceiling instead of the usual chandelier in the apartment.
Features of the
Knowing the structural features of a diode lamp, it is easy to understand its advantages over other lighting devices. A conventional ceiling mounted LED luminaire is a light bulb that includes from one to several LEDs. They are connected to the power supply and are links in the same chain.
The more diodes are built into the lamp, the more powerful and brighter the lamp works.
The design of a modern LED luminaire includes an obligatory element called a radiator. It removes the heat generated by the lamp itself. Radiators in LED lamps are of different types. Also, for the correct operation of the luminaire (heat transfer from the radiator to the lamp), thermal paste is used. It prevents the appliance from overheating.
It is important to periodically replace the thermal paste. Failure to comply with this rule, the lamp will simply burn out.
The 220 W voltage used in a conventional electrical network is not suitable for ceiling lighting diodes. So that they can be used in everyday life, the specialists "stuffed" the lamp with special drivers that maintain the current level required specifically for the diode. During their operation, the drivers regulate the current flow, taking into account all the parameters of the luminaire. Conventional voltage converters are not suitable in this case.
Engineers who develop models of LEDs for the ceiling are sure to design an individual case for these lamps. The peculiarity of the case increases the efficiency of the diodes, increasing their reliability and functionality.
Based on the foregoing, the positive qualities of LED lamps, which differ from other lighting devices, become obvious.
The positive qualities of the device include:
- Low energy consumption - due to which the consumer's budget is saved;
- Environmental friendliness - use in the production of pure natural materials;
- Lack of flickering effect - thanks to this quality, human eyes do not get tired while working under the lamp;
- Durability - the service life of such lamps is several times longer than conventional incandescent lamps.
LED bulbs differ in:
- Attachment point. When choosing a luminaire for a room, it is necessary to take into account the peculiarity of the place where the device will be mounted. For example, wall lamps are not suitable for the floor, and outdoor lamps are not suitable for furniture.
- Type of construction. They differ among themselves not only in the type of fixing to the ceiling, but in additional features.
Considering the wide variety of types, shapes and colors of LED lamps, choosing the necessary lighting device for the design of the room will not be difficult.
- Spots. Considering such lamps, one cannot fail to highlight their main feature - the ability to rotate. Unlike other types of lamps, they have a special bracket, with the help of which the position is changed. Swivel spots have become an integral part of the interior decoration of the dining room and kitchen.
- The design of linear lighting devices assumes the presence in them as a light source led strip.
- Some models are equipped with a dimmer - dimmer and motion sensor… These possibilities of lighting technology increase its consumer demand.
- Are very popular point ceiling lamps. They allow you to embody any designer's fantasy into reality. They can be placed on a stretch ceiling almost anywhere and thereby create a unique atmosphere in the room.
- LED panels will not spoil the look of low ceilings. This is due to the peculiarity of their glow. Emitting a muffled scattering light, they visually raise the ceiling. Models equipped with a remote control can easily change the color and brightness of the lighting.
- Waterproof. The body and shades of LED lamps are resistant to indoor humidity and can be used in saunas, baths, swimming pools.
- By the shape of the lamps (square, round, triangular). The designers made sure that this type of lamp could be matched to any interior.
- By the purpose of the room (bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, living room, hallway). For example, it can be embedded in the ceiling above the dining table or in the living room. Many buyers prefer these LEDs in the bedroom or nursery.
Halogen and fluorescent lamps, in comparison with LED devices, have less durability, environmental friendliness and tightness.
Shapes and sizes
The choice of shapes and sizes of LED lamps in supermarkets is truly amazing. Modern technologies make it possible to produce lighting devices of almost any shape.
The choice of the consumer is offered plafonds:
- In the form of glasses;
- Flat, etc.
The sizes of the lamps themselves vary:
- Round models with a small diameter of 50 mm;
- Square from 170x200 mm.
In turn, lamps in lamps also come in different shapes and sizes. On sale you can see pear lamps in the form of a torpedo, candles (several options), ellipsoidal, spherical, tubes, cylinders, etc. If the lamps are selected correctly, then the necessary areas in the interior will be favorably highlighted and emphasized in the room.
Lamps of square shape are most often used for interior decoration in the Art Nouveau style. Such devices can both decorate the room and spoil the overall impression of it. Therefore, it is necessary to be very careful about their choice. It is imperative to take into account the fact that small models are used in rooms with low ceilings, and large overall specimens are attached in rooms with high ceilings.
Small round turning spots are most often used to illuminate the desktop in the kitchen, hallway, to illuminate shop windows, etc. Surface mounted lighting equipment of a flat configuration is located mainly on the ceilings. Such lamps are small in size and convenient in that they do not cause difficulties in their installation. Their advantage is that they are covered with comfortable shades. They are suitable for the bathroom, hallway, corridor and other walk-through areas.
Elongated or long lamps are used to visually expand the space in the room. With their help, it is easy to highlight libraries, shelves with books and photographs.
The positive properties of overhead LED devices include their ability to emit light in values such as 1800-6600 degrees Kelvin, which allows the lamps to produce light of any color palette. To create a romantic bedroom interior, “candlelight” lighting or the warm white hue of dawn is suitable. Neutral moonlight is used to illuminate the hall, living room, and table lighting. If a person has to work or study, it is advisable to use white cold light.
Luminaires with black and brown body colors stand out against the general background. They help create a mysterious atmosphere and highlight the sophistication of the interior. Thanks to such a large selection of colors, it will not be difficult to arrange a festive mood. This selection will be especially relevant on the eve of the holidays, such as the New Year.
The following materials are used for the manufacture of the body of surface-mounted ceiling LED lamps:
- Metal - it includes products made of brass, steel, iron, bronze. The manufacturer achieves aesthetics and sophistication in the design of shades from these materials. To decorate lamps made of these materials, Swarovski crystals, semi-precious stones and glass are used. They have high strength, moisture resistance, environmental friendliness and beauty.
- Separately, it is worth highlighting aluminum… It is of high quality, bends well, and is recyclable. You can make a body of any shape from it. It is famous for its inexpensive cost. Possesses good strength, lightness, durability. The metal construction ensures stable heat dissipation. Lamps made of it are intended for industrial, warehouse, office and educational institutions. The disadvantages include the risk of electric shock and the inability to carry out repairs.
- Plastic - the cheapest and most common material. Positive properties - does not conduct electric current, does not beat, takes any shape. Devices from it are mounted in residential premises. They are not meant to be outdoors. The negative properties of lamps include fragility and low heat dissipation.
- Crystal - fragile and sufficiently functional material. It is appreciated for the beauty and sophistication of the forms created from it. Crystal lamps are used to decorate the ceiling. Of the minuses, there is an expensive cost.
- Gypsum, ceramics - luminaires made of these materials emit a clear point light and are easy to paint. Suitable for decoration of any room.
- Products from glass high-quality lighting of the room (throughput up to 95%), does not distort the color of the light. The material is safe to use and durable.
In order for the lamp to work correctly and efficiently, before installing it, all its components are checked, and first of all, the presence of a radiator responsible for heat dissipation from the diode. The presence of the power supply is important. Thanks to him, the lamp burns without interruption. If it turns out to be of poor quality, then the lamp may flicker while burning. And this effect will negatively affect vision. The power supply contains a closed-type transformer. It is he who most often undergoes breakdowns, but due to its small size, it is easily repaired.
There are several schemes for connecting LEDs in a luminaire:
- Consistent. It is used by almost all industrial plants and is the most economical option. It has its drawbacks, namely, it has high vulnerability. If at least one LED fails, then the entire lamp will stop working.
- Parallel. In this circuit, a resistor is connected to each light bulb to protect the device from current breakdown. A positive feature of this circuit is that when one element of the circuit burns out, the entire lighting device continues to work, but not at full power. The disadvantage of this type of connection is the high cost of all the constituent elements.
- Mixed. The connection of a group of LEDs runs parallel to each other.
Editing involves performing several step-by-step steps. Before starting work, you need to check the presence of all components of the lamp. Most often, the kit with the lighting fixture also includes its mounts. To carry out work, they first turn off the electricity at the meter. A hole for a metal plate is drilled at the attachment point of the device.Having carefully secured the plate (without affecting the wiring) using dowels (self-tapping screws), you can connect the contacts of the terminal blocks of the lamp to the supply wires
After that, you can safely install the body of the surface-mounted device on the plate and fasten it with screws. Then the transparent components are put on the body. At the end of the installation, you need to turn on the electricity and check the operation of the lamp.
Examples in the interior
In order to correctly and profitably place lighting equipment in a house or apartment, designers recommend adhering to the following rules:
- For bedroom, living room, nursery and other recreation areas, ceiling models of round shapes with frosted glass are suitable. They scatter light throughout the room and create a cozy, romantic setting. With this light, your eyes will not get tired. Lamps are also placed behind the curtains, giving the room the mysterious atmosphere of an oriental boudoir.
- For kitchen, dining room LED spots are suitable as a backlight. For example, to illuminate the cooking area. For these purposes, devices with transparent glass are mounted on the ceiling. Large chandeliers are not suitable for the kitchen, as the fumes from cooking accumulate on the lighting fixtures.
- When lighting design hall in the apartment it is advisable to use not small lamps with a small diameter, but larger ones. High-quality light is very important here, since most often this room is the most visited in the house.
- Bathrooms or in other rooms with high humidity, small thin devices are used that have special protection against moisture. In this case, you should not save and buy cheap models, it is better to buy a quality product, taking care of the safety of the whole family.
There are more and more manufacturers of electrical products every year. But there are five leaders among them, which have been holding the top positions of luminaires on the market for more than a year.
- Optogan (Russia) - a domestic manufacturer of LED technology, which has entered the world level. Offers the consumer lighting fixtures for indoor and outdoor use. It is famous for its large assortment of products. Provides product warranties.
- Philips (Netherlands) Is a world-class manufacturer, famous for that. that pays special attention to the design of its products. The company produces high quality, durable, stylish lamps and lighting fixtures.
- Orsam (Austria) - a global brand offering models of lighting equipment with a beautiful design and excellent quality.
- Artelamp (Italy) - the company supplies its products to many countries of the world. The lamps have a sophisticated and aristocratic style. Known on the market of goods and services for 10 years.
- Gauss (Russia). The positive aspects of the product of this brand include high efficiency, low heating, beautiful design and long service life.
There are still quite a few firms and companies engaged in the production and sale of lighting equipment, but they are already less known.
Consumers respond positively to the companies in question - Philips, Osram, Gauss and Artelamp have practically no complaints about both the products themselves and the quality of service. The only drawback, according to buyers, is the high price of the product. But over time, many are convinced that the price justifies the quality.
The Optogan brand is in demand among the population with an average wage. This brand seduces the buyer with an inexpensive price and quite acceptable quality. Surface-mounted LED ceiling lamps from this manufacturer are especially popular among the entire range due to the high quality of products, quite reasonable prices and a huge selection of colors.Among its products, you can choose a lighting device for any color scheme of the interior, emphasize the strengths of any design and hide any flaws in the repair with the help of a competent play of light.
When choosing the necessary lighting devices for the room, you should not lose your guard and rush for cheap offers. Many of them are not of sufficient quality and do not meet all safety requirements. Therefore, it is very important to check the quality certificate and the availability of the warranty card with the overhead luminaire. When thinking about which manufacturer to give preference to, it is better to stop your eyes on well-known companies. They can give confidence in the quality of the product.
For an overview of LED lamps ARMSTRONG GL 40, see the following video.