When entering any room, the first thing that makes an impression on the person entering is the entrance hall. The design of this room should be thought out to the smallest detail, not only from an aesthetic, but also from a functional point of view, since the main purpose of the hallway is to store outerwear, umbrellas and other important things. Metal wall hangers for the hallway are practical and stylish accessories that will help to keep things and bring the necessary accent to the interior of the room.
Features and Benefits
Having many advantages, metal wall hangers will become an indispensable part of any hallway, add a touch of style and comfort, pleasantly surprise guests, and help maintain order at the cost of little effort.
These metal structures have several advantages:
- Metal is the strongest and most durable material, so modern metal wall fixtures are reliable products that can withstand significant loads. The material for these structures is treated with a special anti-corrosion compound.
- Many wall hangers are compact enough to save space and are perfect for small spaces. At the same time, many things can fit on them.
- The variety of models will allow you to choose the best option that will harmoniously fit into any interior design, emphasize the exquisite style.
- These products have several tiers of holders, which is very convenient for children who use hangers. Hanging items that are wet from the rain are better ventilated and dry faster than in closed wardrobes.
There is a category of VIP products - these are forged samples, as a rule, made to order. Owners of such exclusive items can emphasize their individuality. Forged structures of a peculiar design and original shape are always in demand.
Currently, in the manufacture of forged products, machine forging is used, which significantly reduces the cost of hangers.
Metal wall hangers have many advantages, but there are also disadvantages:
- They are not mobile. Moving them, if necessary, will be difficult, and the process will not do without cosmetic repairs. Products are located next to wallpaper or plaster, which over time can lead to a deterioration in the external characteristics of the decorative layer.
- Structures are heavy enough, therefore, the mountings must be more than reliable. The installation of a wall hanger should be carried out by a specialist, taking into account the complexity and nuances of installation, since the surface of the wall can be loose, hollow, or have an expensive cladding.
- Modern wrought iron hangers quite expensive - especially if these are works of authorship.
The very design of a wall-mounted metal hanger is a bar on which holders or hooks are fixed. Iron bars can be vertical or horizontal. Vertical versions visually increase the height of the ceiling, while horizontal hangers visually lengthen the wall.
Currently, iron or steel is used for the manufacture of metal wall hangers, it is also possible to use non-ferrous metals such as copper, aluminum, and so on.
There are different shades of such products, different color combinations are possible.But still the most popular are hangers in dark colors, as well as with a gold or chrome finish. Various stones, wood, glass or plastic elements are used to decorate forged hangers.
Forged wall hangers (in addition to products in classic geometric shapes) can be made in the form of birds, animals, plants, intricate ornaments or simple patterns. An interesting option would be a structure depicting an action - a whole picture of metal. In modern interiors, products often find their place in the form of thematic images - for example, an umbrella, a man in a coat and a hat.
How to choose?
Before making a purchase, you need to decide on the size, you need to know the minimum and maximum dimensions of the hanger. You should also take into account the space - for a convenient process of removing and putting on wardrobe items.
Pay attention to the number and location of the hooks. It is very good if their number will allow you to hang clothes not only for family members.
When choosing a wall hanger design, you should be guided by the style direction in the interior, personal preferences and financial capabilities.
The presence of additional shelves for storing various accessories will add convenience in use, it is very convenient to store hats, umbrellas, bags, gloves in one place with outerwear.
If there are plastic balls on the hooks, then the possibility of the clothes slipping off will be excluded.
When purchasing this product, special attention should be paid to the strength of the material. For example, aluminum is a fairly fragile metal: a hanger made entirely of this material is not the best choice. In this situation, it is better to take a closer look at the combined options: the base is made of aluminum, and the holders are made of more reliable alloys (steel, iron). Particular attention should be paid to the reliability of the joints and the quality of the coating or spraying.
When installing a suspended metal model, consider the strength and reliability of the fastening, as this is a guarantee of injury safety. Any product can withstand some kind of maximum load; when making a purchase, this indicator should be clarified.
When choosing the right products, do not forget about quality. Trust only trusted manufacturers, in this case, the products will not disappoint you. Do not forget that the product should be combined with the interior.
In the interior
It is quite natural that a wall hanger with a shelf is a full-fledged element of the interior. The product attracts attention, so it should organically and stylishly fit into the overall concept.
A metal hanger with a bizarre original pattern, decorated with all sorts of decorative elements, is suitable for hallways in a classic style.
In a modern style, you can experiment with incredible options in bizarre shapes and a kind of original execution of hooks. Design work will organically fit into such an interior and emphasize the relevance of the direction, add a zest to the room. Intricate shapes, funny patterns will make the design of the hallway unusual. The use of stylized clothing holders (for example, in the form of wrenches) is possible in loft and techno styles. Unusual geometric metal structures will be relevant for high-tech hallways.
Minimalism or Scandinavian style is characterized by the absence of many decorative elements; the shape of the hanger should be simple. But florid designs, artistic forging are perfectly combined with classicism.
The following video will introduce you to the models of interesting wall hangers.