Any hostess strives to organize order and comfort in the house. In order for cleaning to be done as rarely as possible, each thing should have its own place. Often such a necessary everyday thing as a bunch of keys is lying around everywhere. Any person at least once in his life faced a situation when in a hurry he could not find the keys to an apartment, car, cottage or garage. The key holder in the hallway will save you from annoying searches and will serve as an original decor item.
Features of the
This piece of furniture looks like a small locker or chest designed to store keys from entrance doors and other rooms. Also, the key holder can be a horizontal shelf with key hooks. If the keychains are large and heavy, use a sturdy metal product. Inside it or on the outside, there are special hooks or other fastening for keys, for example, a magnet. The reverse side of the product must have fasteners for installing it on the wall. Key accessories can be made from a variety of, sometimes original materials and their combinations. The main criterion for choosing is the general style of the room and personal preferences.
Those who were not interested in this issue probably do not even suspect what types of housekeepers exist. A key holder is a very interesting and even mysterious decor item, most often embodied in an interesting idea and released in a limited edition.
A wide range of materials is used for their manufacture:
- Various types of wood;
- Metal alloys;
- Natural and artificial leather;
The housekeeper is not only beautiful, but also functional, so she will find a place both in the office and in a city apartment, and some products will look gorgeous in a country house.
Open or closed shelves of the housekeeper perform additional tasks:
- Keeping important reminders or a notepad with a pen;
- The shield acts as a magnetic board or sticker surface.
Today there are housekeepers for every taste and wallet, and the choice allows you to diversify any interior and style.
Someone prefers to drive carnations into the wall in the old fashioned way, but this is a dull and unaesthetic sight. It will be more pleasant to decorate the hallway with an original thing. Souvenir shops are full of a variety of designs, for example, a very nice decor in the form of a collage applique. Moreover, such a practical souvenir can be a wonderfult. Handcrafted key holders are of particular value.
The most beloved version of this accessory is the wall model made of wood. An original option would be a product made by hand from precious woods such as teak, walnut or oak.
Noble wood will complement the modern hallway and classic interior, highlighting the good taste of the owner. The wooden model will fit especially well into eco, country and shabby chic styles. Stylish wooden accessory, complemented by ornate carvings, will not only securely store the keys, but also serve as a great decoration.
Models created with the use of natural or artificial leather have a good decorative function. They give the room a special flavor and certainly become the highlight of the room with ethnic motives, for example, in the African style. Often such models are complemented by chrome elements or wood inserts, which makes them stylish and sophisticated.As a rule, leather products are compact in size, which is very convenient in small corridors and hallways.
The use of metal models is practiced mainly in office premises, foyers of hotels, schools, business centers. This is the best option for storing a large number of keys. Forged housekeepers have a regal look and give solidity. This attribute well emphasizes the interior of such styles as loft, hi-tech and techno. A model made of metal is a fire-resistant object and practically not subject to deformation. The key holder is also available in the form of a mini-safe with a combination lock.
Plastic models have an attractive appearance and low cost, but are much less durable than models from any other material.
Such an interesting piece of furniture as a housekeeper allows you to keep all the keys in sight and in one place at once. In the souvenir shops you can find products to suit every taste and style. Among the key holders, there are two main types:
- Open - base with hooks installed; The open model is easier to use as you do not need to open the door to remove or hang the key. However, the product in the form of a cabinet looks neater and wins in volume and aesthetics. For example, a rectangular wall key holder with a glass door will look solid. Other models of a similar shape can be radically different. An example is a decoupage-style housekeeper, which can range from vintage to fabulous. Such a little thing runs the risk of becoming a family darling. Among the huge variety of models, the following stand out:
- Closed - lockers with shelves. Closed key holders have a somewhat mysterious appearance of key "houses". In addition to their direct purpose, closed models help to disguise some unsightly elements of the hallway, such as counters, bell fasteners, and the like. Closed key holders can play the role of an organizer and, in addition to keys, carefully store letters, receipts and other trifles.
- Suspended. Such a product is located at eye level on the wall near the exit. The design contains hooks or other fasteners to hold the keychain;
- Pocket. It is a special wallet or key case made of leather or leatherette. Convenient in that it allows you to have all the keys always with you. If you carry the keys without a key holder, then there is a great risk of getting a hole in your pocket or scratching your phone;
- Desktop. Such a model looks like a box, casket or chest, which can have an interesting carving or painting;
- Hidden. This model is usually hidden in the hallway closet.
As you can see, there are a great many options.
The main thing is to follow your desires and maintain harmony with the overall design of the room.
How to choose?
Some key holders are such a striking detail of the interior that they immediately catch the eye, while others are not so easily discovered at first glance. We are talking about secret items that can be disguised as other interior items. For example, a table or wall clock may well turn out to be an original housekeeper.
First of all, it is worth deciding on the size of the key holder, because everyone has a different number of keys in operation.
It is also important to choose an open or closed type of product. When choosing, you should rely on the purpose of the product, your taste and the interior design of your hallway. The need to protect the contents of the key holder from strangers is also not the least when choosing. If random strangers enter the house, it is better to use a metal model with a door and a code system.
The place where the key holder will be located often determines the model of the product. For example, in industrial or office premises, metal structures are installed that are locked with a lock. Key holders of warehouses and workshops are devoid of any decor and are faceless rectangular wardrobes.In hotel lobbies, as a rule, there are models ideally matched to the general style. If a product is selected for a home environment, then, of course, not only standard functions are taken into account, but also individual characteristics and external decor.
Where to hang?
Everyone understands that a logical, practical and convenient place for the location of the key holder is the hallway. It is enough to choose a handy place on the wall near the front door or on the surface of a chest of drawers, a shelf or a shoe cabinet if the housekeeper is desktop. These are the most convenient places for the "keeper" of the keys. The main thing is that it is easily accessible and always in front of your eyes, although some people prefer to place it in the hallway closet.
Such a thing is always pleasing to the eye, so you are unlikely to neglect its use. We prepared for the exit, opened the housekeeper, took off the keys, went out, and also in the reverse order - opened the lock, entered, hung the key. The Keeper of the Keys is both an organizer of order in an apartment and a stylish, often designer piece of interior that will not bypass the attention of guests.
You will learn more about key holders in the following video.