Many people take exterior doors very seriously because they need to be reliable and safe. And besides, they should have a stylish appearance in order to delight not only household members, but also all visiting guests. Recently, outdoor sliding doors have become very fashionable, which are available in a huge assortment and have a lot of advantages.
Features and Benefits
Many experts and amateurs note that doors of this type are multifunctional and universal, due to which they have many advantages, among which the following is noted:
- In the manufacture of such door models, special glass structures are used, which are considered not only reliable, but also "airy" in appearance. Such products will be an excellent addition to the facade of a residential building or summer cottage.
- Outdoor sliding doors can be purchased at a fairly competitive price, which is comparatively lower than other options.
- Installation of this type of product is not considered rather difficult, but it is better to use the services of specialists so as not to damage anything on your own and do everything correctly and reliably.
- When talking about whole glass walls, where sliding doors are built in, many people consider them unsafe, especially vulnerable to burglary. However, this is not the case. In the manufacture of products of this type and their additional parts, only durable and proven materials are used, only the glass itself can be manufactured using a special technology, not to mention safe locking systems.
- Sliding doors are not only suitable for public places such as restaurants, spa complexes, shops and so on, they can also perfectly complement a summer cottage and any other country and private apartments.
- The great advantage of sliding doors for streets is their huge variety in shapes, designs and materials of manufacture.
We can say that any outdoor sliding doors will make the house more comfortable and light.
When installing sliding and sliding doors, special attention should be paid to correct installation, therefore, designers and professionals in the construction business recommend seeking help from specialists, since incorrect installation of doors is fraught with not the best consequences.
Most of the sliding doors are glass models. However, there are sliding metal structures on the building materials market. They slide into a special doorway, making them versatile and compact. Such products are perfect for both home and apartment.
Be sure to pay attention to the Italian models from the Oikos brand from the Vela series.
Glass and sliding doors can be made on several profiles - cold and warm. The first is suitable, for example, for summer cottages, where you rest only in the warm season, and do not appear in winter. The warm profile is designed to retain heat better in a residential apartment. If we are talking about a summer residence, then even in winter, such a door will not show through, it will be airtight and perfectly retaining heat inside the room. In addition, the warm profile has excellent sound insulation capabilities.
In addition, everyone is accustomed to the fact that the glass is extremely transparent, but the doors can be matte, darkened, and with various tints.
Outdoor sliding doors can be made of the following types of glass:
- Hot. This type of glass is considered very practical because it can withstand a wide variety of temperature changes.
- Laminated. Such glass is often used in construction work because it is considered safe and reliable.
- Reinforced glass is also considered a good choice, since doors made of it will be no less stable than the previous two options. Inside this glass there is a special mesh made of metal, which makes this material even more resistant and shock-resistant.
- Acrylic glass is considered the lightest, but also practical. Its advantage is that it can be ordered in a wide variety of colors and shades.
- But glass composite sliding models will certainly suit even the most fastidious buyers.
Plastic sliding doors can be a great purchase solution if you need to save space. They also come with glass, so if you decide to create a panoramic view, then from the house or summer house you can observe, for example, a beautiful garden at any time of the year.
When choosing an outdoor sliding door, be sure to specify what glass it is made of.
The price of any door always depends on its technical characteristics, as well as on the material from which the product was made. In addition, foreign door models will cost much more than domestic-made options.
Some experts have been drawing the attention of buyers for several years to the fact that construction materials of decent quality began to be produced in our country, therefore, it makes sense to pay attention to Russian firms engaged in the production of door panels.
The exact price of the product will depend on the size of the future product, the type of the door system itself, various costs for accessories and decor.
In general, glass sliding doors for going outside can be purchased for 25 thousand rubles and more, metal models can cost several times more, since they have a more complex design.
How to choose?
When choosing an entrance door, many different factors should be taken into account, which include not only climatic conditions, especially those affecting the heat in the house, but also the practicality of the future product, and, of course, the preferences of the buyers themselves.
When choosing an outdoor glass sliding door, it is very important to pay attention to glass, since it can be of different types, and its strength will depend on a certain number of double-glazed windows. In addition, if you are installing such a sliding door to your dacha, it is very important not to forget what kind of winters are in Russia. One double-glazed unit can withstand approximately three or four degrees, so you should choose models with at least 3 or 4 double-glazed windows.
It is also very important that so that such doors are airtight and they have a special rubber layer, which will help make products of this type more noise and heat insulated.
When choosing between sliding wooden or plastic doors with glass, you should proceed from your own preferences, since both options are considered practical, sealed and stylish in appearance.
There are the following types of sliding doors:
- Sliding stained glass doors are perfect for creative individuals who want to be noticed in their home.
- Folding doors are also in great demand. With their help, you can perfectly optimize the space. They are best suited for creating a panoramic view from home.
- Suspended sliding doors will be an excellent solution for installation in a country estate.
- The most successful and practical are aluminum models. Many experts generally recommend that all buyers choose doors from an aluminum profile, especially if there is such an opportunity. Such models are considered the most reliable.
Sliding and sliding doors can look great not only from the outside, but also from the inside. Glass models look very original on spacious and open balconies, when from the inside you can admire the beauty from the street. Such models are often installed in large country apartments. Sliding doors are also great for accessing a beautiful terrace, especially if you live in warm climates.
Whichever model you choose, especially when it comes to glass, do not forget that its color should be in perfect harmony with the entire structure of the house, and inside it should match the color of the interior itself.
Wooden sliding models are best suited for summer cottages, which are made, for example, in country, Provence or loft style. If you probably do not know which door is best to choose, you should seek the help of specialists.
For an overview of outdoor sliding doors, see below.