Many people are wondering what the doors for the balcony should be. And this is not in vain, since the doors for this room should not only be airtight, heat and sound insulated, but also stylish. Special attention should be paid to sliding doors for balconies and loggias, which are made from a variety of materials, taking into account all the requirements of buyers. You will learn more about how to choose the right products of this type, as well as what to pay attention to. In addition, you will get acquainted with the features of this type of door and the varieties of their designs.
Features of the
I would like to note right away that when installing sliding doors in small apartments, some difficulties may arise, since such products require a maximum of free space.
Very often, specialists have to remove the window sill and move the radiator for heating so that the structure can be freely placed.
With the help of a special system, sliding doors help save space, so that you can place everything you need near the doors. In addition, with the help of such doors, you can save space.
They also have the following advantages:
- They help to visually enlarge the space, especially glass models. They will also brighten the room to the maximum;
- Doors of this type will make any room more stylish and modern;
- An important point is also the fact that such doors open wider than standard and conventional models;
- Balcony sliding doors come in a huge variety. They are made from a wide variety of materials, using modern technologies and the latest equipment. In addition, more and more modern and improved models appear from year to year;
- Such products can be purchased from both domestic and foreign manufacturers. The latter, of course, will cost more. But as experts say, when choosing building materials today, it makes no sense to pay attention only to foreign brands. For many years now, domestic manufacturers have been producing products no worse than European ones, moreover, it also meets all international quality standards;
- Sliding door designs will be an excellent solution if you have large doorways in your home;
- The peculiarities of such products can also be attributed to the fact that it is a little problematic to open them from the outside. But if a good locking system is installed, then you probably will not experience such difficulties.
Choosing such doors for access to the balcony and loggia, you will visually lighten the room, make it more spacious and pleasant to look at and comfortable. Glass sliding doors can be easily decorated or you can purchase ready-made stained glass models, which will be an excellent solution for an unusual interior design.
It is also very important that, despite its lightness, any design of a sliding door for a balcony is considered safe, reliable and practical. It will easily serve for many years, especially with proper installation. The small disadvantages of glass sliding doors include regular maintenance, although it cannot be called difficult.
Types of structures
Balcony doors can be easily divided according to their opening system. Among the many options offered by manufacturers, you can find the following designs:
- Parallel sliding models. Such products resemble a wardrobe, where the doors move with the help of specially fixed rollers. This type of doors and their design are considered quite simple and unpretentious to use. They are very relevant for cold climates, because even in winter they do not freeze with them. Slider models are equipped with special guides, thanks to which the door can be easily moved to the side. As for the various decor and accessories, all this is practically absent, the product itself is made in the style of minimalism.
- Tilt and slide models. The design of this type of door allows you to slightly open the transom, that is, open the door from above for ventilation. To fully open the product, you need to turn the handle to a horizontal position and pull it slightly, and only then move it.
- In lift-and-slide structures there is a special mechanism for lifting the leaves up and directing them to the side. It turns out such a picture, when one sash, as it were, goes behind the other. These doors are suitable even for very wide doorways. In winter, they are no less relevant than other models, since they are glued with a special hermetic seal. Products of this type will provide excellent noise and sound insulation.
- Folding doors. Unfortunately, such products are only suitable for insulated rooms. If your balcony is not equipped with additional heating, then it is best to pay attention to other models. Such products are suitable for very large openings, will open completely and will not take up a lot of space. A small disadvantage of products of this design include an abundant number of vertical profiles.
- Also a fairly popular model for installation on balconies and loggias is considered compartment door … This type of door is multifunctional and stylish. The mechanism of products of this type can move into the wall, into its opening, or there is an option when the flaps will move apart on both sides.
- Sometimes they install on warm balconies glass partition doors … In a matte finish, they look the most unusual, creative and fresh. Basically, such partitions are installed when there is additional heating on the balcony and there is, for example, a mini-office for work or a small greenhouse there.
It is also very important to distinguish between cold and warm models of sliding doors. Cold-type sliding doors will help protect an apartment or house from a wide variety of temperature changes outside, but if the balcony is not insulated and the cold goes directly to the living space, then the situation will have to be corrected in any case. Products of this type practically do not increase the level of noise and heat insulation. Basically, such products are made of aluminum without special thermal protection in the form of inserts. You can choose products of this type only if you live in a warm climate or the loggia is already insulated. In all other cases, you should not count on the fact that such doors will solve the problem with cold and drafts.
Warm doors can easily maintain a normal microclimate in the living area and on the balcony. They are ideal for harsh winters. You can choose the models of such doors even when the balcony is open and not glazed. Products of this type are equipped with special thermal inserts, which are absent in cold models.
In general, we can say that today it will not leave any difficulty to find the very doors with the desired design, since the entire choice should be based not only on the appearance of the future product, but also on how many rails there will be for moving the door, which it will be weight and dimensions.
To choose the very reliable and practical door for installation on a balcony or loggia, you need to know what kind of canvases of this type are made of.
Folding doors are often made of PVC, but if you are looking for more reliable models, it is better to pay attention to the aluminum options. They will cost a little more, but the quality will definitely not let you down.
Balcony plastic doors have many advantages:
- Plastic products serve for many years and at the same time retain their presentable appearance;
- Products made from this material do not deteriorate from temperature changes, over time retaining all their properties;
- Plastic doors perfectly protect against noise and do not allow cold to pass through, in addition, they can be made in a variety of shapes and colors;
- Maintenance of this type of door is minimal, since the plastic itself is not susceptible to rotting and cracking.
No less popular are metal sliding doors, which are installed to exit to a balcony or loggia.
Metal products also have a lot of advantages:
- Aluminum, from which doors are very often made, is not subject to decay, in addition, it is fireproof;
- Products of this type have reasonable prices;
- Metal doors are considered safe, reliable, practical and durable.
Finally, sliding doors are made of glass composite. Such a material is considered very light, but at the same time strong enough to provide proper sound and thermal insulation.
In addition, it has the following number of advantages:
- Glass sliding doors are available in a variety of designs; they can easily match even unusual interiors;
- Fiberglass is not afraid of different temperature extremes;
- This material is considered environmentally friendly.
Sliding doors are exactly what you need if you need to make a convenient exit to the balcony. Of course, it is better to choose doors of this type in the process of housing construction, since in other cases installation can become a small problem.
If you choose sliding doors to access the loggia, then it is best to pay attention to panoramic models that will make the room more spacious and bright. Sliding models are especially relevant for apartments, because with their help you can easily increase even a small space.
If you are not sure that you can independently find the right door for an apartment or house, it is better to seek help from a specialist. In addition, it is better not to engage in self-installation of products of this type, otherwise there is a risk that in the future they will not meet expectations.
To access a terrace or an open balcony, it is better to give preference to warm structures that will not let the cold through in the winter season.
Stylish options in the interior
Doors are always an integral part of the entire interior. Even if you install them on the balcony, they should be in perfect harmony with the whole environment.
Panoramic glass sliding models will be an excellent addition to all modern styles. There is minimalism, hi-tech, and techno here.
Sliding products by themselves do not take up much space, which means that even certain pieces of furniture can be marked next to them.
Glass models with patterns, glossy options or matte can look very unusual. The doors to the balcony can be decorated as the soul desires.
Wooden sliding doors are best suited for installation in summer cottages and in private country houses, where there is an exit to the terrace.
Sliding models, together with large windows, will be the ideal solution if you want to bring the most unusual ideas to life and create a panoramic view from your house or apartment.
The best choice for loggias will be French doors, which let in a lot of light.
However, no matter how this or that door looks in the interior, it should be safe and practical. And most importantly, she must serve the due date. That is why when buying, give preference to only trusted companies. When choosing such a product in a store, it is very important to pay attention not only to the appearance, but also to all other characteristics.
When asked whether to put a sliding door on the balcony, you can find the answer in the video.