Thinking over the design of the bedroom, you should pay attention not only to the design of the walls, ceiling and furniture, but also to the flooring. After all, how pleasant it is in the morning, waking up and slipping off your bare feet, not to step on the cold bare floor, but, for example, to dip your feet into the soft warm and fluffy pile.
It is better to use bedside rugs as flooring in the bedroom. They differ not only in compact size, but also in stylish design that can add zest to any interior.
Features of the
Bedside rugs are distinguished by a number of features:
- Practicality. Due to its small dimensions, such a product is much faster and easier to put in order, cleaning it from dirt, in contrast to large models, which are much more demanding in care.
- Appearance. Situated close to the bed, this accessory is perfectly visible in its entirety, compared to the large options, which are almost completely hidden under it.
- Stylish design. Complements and creates a cozy atmosphere, the variety of shapes, colors and textures is amazing.
- Acceptable price. The cost of a bedside rug is much less than a large carpet. Even if you purchase several small rugs to place them on the sides and at the foot of the bed, such an acquisition will not hit your family budget too much.
The only thing, when choosing such an accessory for the bed, keep in mind that a small product can slide on the floor. Therefore, you should definitely take care of purchasing an anti-slip pad. Using such a detail, you can protect yourself and your loved ones from possible injuries, since the carpet will not slip and will not cause a fall. Some manufacturers, knowing this feature of bedside rugs, produce their products with a rubberized base.
Modern bedside carpets are of two types:
A rug on the wall is a great idea to add comfort and warmth to the room. Such wall models will be an excellent option for people who prefer organic and stylish interior design.
There are several types of wall hangings:
- Carpets made in Indian or Oriental style will give the room a luxurious and rich ambiance, as well as fill it with coziness and warmth.
- Tapestries act as a significant element of the decoration of the room.
- A classic carpet will perfectly complement the bedroom and will perform a noise-insulating function, especially if it has a large pile.
Floor carpets can be placed both along the bed and at the foot of it, and if you use three rugs at once, then they can be placed on three sides of the bed, creating a symmetrical and orderly room design.
Bedside rugs can be small or large. The size of such a product is very important if you plan to create several zones in the bedroom, for example, not only a recreation area, but also a place for more active pastime. In this case, the bedside rug can be used to zone the space.
Large carpets will accentuate the sleeping place, namely the bed, emphasizing it as the main element of the bedroom set.Large carpets can also become an extension of the bed, if they are skillfully selected and correctly combined with bedding, as well as the color scheme in which the bed is made. For example, a zebra striped rug will perfectly match a light wood bed, while a dark sandy model will accentuate a bedroom set that is similar in color but slightly different in tone or texture.
If the area of the bedroom is rather modest, then it is better to give preference to small rugs located on different sides of the bed, as well as at its foot. They can become a bright accent, shading the overall design idea and attracting attention. Unlike large specimens, which must match the color of the furniture, small bedside rugs are not subject to such harsh conditions; they can be made in contrasting colors.
There are also various forms of bedside rugs:
- in the form of a trapezoid or rhombus;
- unusual shapes, such as a heart;
- an abstract model that is difficult to attribute to any form.
The shape for the bedside rug should be selected in accordance with the chosen style for decorating the bedroom:
- Oval specimens are considered the most popular, since according to the ancient teachings of feng shui, models devoid of sharp corners can bring peace and tranquility to the bedroom, allowing you to relax and unwind.
- Attributes consisting of several oval or round elements, which generally create a harmonious ensemble, are no less popular.
- You can not be limited to rounded shapes, but choose a bedside rug on which a pattern will be depicted in the form of smooth lines that create an oval or round image.
- For a children's room, you can pick up an intricate bedside rug that resembles a typewriter or the outline of an animal, for example, a crocodile, a lamb or a fairy.
Some buyers are faced with the question of what material the bedside rugs should be made of: natural or synthetic.
And although models made of synthetic materials are somewhat cheaper than natural counterparts, it is better to choose natural material for a bedroom. This way you will not risk inhaling fumes from synthetic chemicals.
Fur carpets are the ideal solution for those who love and appreciate warmth and strive to create a cozy atmosphere. The bedside rug made of natural fur will add luxury to the room, making it sophisticated and unique. It will also highlight the sophisticated taste of the owner of the bedroom.
Fur rugs are characterized by short and long pile. Long-pile carpets look expensive and chic, but short-pile products are practical, since they are easier to care for and clean from dirt. Take a closer look at the sheepskin bedside rugs, they are not only soft and delicate, they are very pleasant to step on with bare feet, they have a healing effect.
If you prefer textiles, then viscose rugs are the best option. This material is also called "artificial silk". The pile of viscose bedside rugs is light, soft, velvety, very airy and incredibly pleasant to the touch.
When choosing a color for a bedside rug, be guided by the color scheme in which the bedroom is made:
- A skillfully chosen color will solve several problems, for example, zone a room or expand space for small bedrooms.
- Everyone knows that light shades, for example, white, cream or pastel, visually add free space to the room.
- Discreet shades have a calming effect on the emotional state of a person, removing irritation and relieving fatigue.
- But if the bedroom is already done in calm colors, where white or another pastel shade prevails, then you can arrange a bedside rug in bright colors, for example, red or pink. Such a product will become a real highlight of the room.
- Please note that the bedside rug should contrast in color with the flooring, such as laminate or parquet flooring. Otherwise, it will merge with the floor.
Modern carpets can be made in a variety of styles. Bedside rugs made in the Provence style do not lose their relevance, as they are designed to emphasize the tenderness and beauty of the bedroom. Provence style rugs are distinguished by light colors such as beige and sand tones. They are also decorated with discreet patterns in the form of flowers, leaves or twigs.
For a bedroom in an ethnic style, rugs in the form of a solid animal skin or made of pieces using patchwork technology are suitable. Carpets made in the form of zebra skins are incredibly popular among designers. Such original products will perfectly fit into any interior, but they will look best in a room dominated by black and white colors.
In a high-tech bedroom, a strict rug with a geometric pattern will look great. And for the Scandinavian direction, moderate shades are characteristic, for example, white or pastel colors and a long pile.
How to choose?
Pay attention to where the bedside rug will be located - on the wall or on the ceiling. If you are using a wall attribute for a bedroom, then you need to consider the design of the walls. It is also important that such an accessory is combined with a bed and curtains, otherwise it will focus on itself unnecessary attention.
If the bedside rug is on the floor, then it needs to be different from the flooring to stand out from the background. Pay attention to the nap of the bedside rug. A carpet with a long and fluffy pile will be pleasant to walk on, but it is difficult to care for it, especially if there is still a cat or dog in the house. Their hair is difficult to remove from a fluffy product. A lint-free mat is stiff but will massage your feet, which is very beneficial for your health.
Stylish options in the interior
Carpet manufacturers offer a variety of options and models for bedside rugs. There are also unusual options:
With an alarm clock. Such an accessory for the bedroom is equipped with a built-in alarm clock and to turn it off, you will need to step on it with both feet. Such a novelty will be an excellent option for people who have difficulty waking up early in the morning
Electrically heated - suitable for those who, getting out of bed in the morning, like to step on the warm floor, but they do not have a floor heating system installed
With home slippers - this unusual model will appeal to those who love everything original. In appearance, such a product practically does not differ from an ordinary rug located by the bed. But it has special holes for slippers. The slippers are made from the same material as the rug, so they blend in. But, waking up in the morning and getting out of bed, you will definitely get your feet right into the slippers. Such an attribute will not only decorate the room, but also surprise your guests
It doesn't matter which bedside rug you choose: an original or a classic model, in a bright shade or a calm tone, large or small, the main thing is that you like it and create a cozy and relaxing atmosphere.
See below for more details.