Often people underestimate the importance of such a room as a hallway and perceive it as an auxiliary space in which you can change / change clothes and arrange some types of clothes. This attitude to the corridor is wrong, since this space is the hallmark of the home, because it is in it that you find yourself first of all when you enter the house. The design of the hallway must be taken as seriously as, for example, the design of a bedroom or living room. Today we will talk about beautiful and comfortable ottomans that will perfectly fit into the interior of the corridor.
Features and Benefits
Currently, consumers are free to choose absolutely any style for decorating the hallway. This space can be beautifully decorated, decorated and furnished with furniture for every taste and color.
For the corridor, such useful interior items as a banquet or ottoman are most often purchased. As a rule, these parts are of medium or small size, so they can be placed even in a very narrow hallway.
Modern manufacturers produce beautiful and high-quality poufs from different materials and in different styles. It will be possible to choose the right product for absolutely any ensemble and any layout.
Many owners of such gizmos mark them. convenience … On a properly selected ottoman, you can very comfortably sit in order to calmly put on shoes or put a bag / bag on such furniture. You can also seat a guest on the ottoman so that he does not stand in the doorway. A similar detail in the interior of the hallway will certainly indicate the hospitality and benevolence of the owners.
It should be noted availability such furniture. If you want to decorate the corridor with a suitable ottoman, then you will not have to wander for a long time in search of it. Such products are in great demand and are found in almost every furniture store.
Modern models of ottomans can be purchased not only for every taste, but also for a budget. In furniture showrooms, there are both affordable and luxurious and expensive options. Of course, the latter are more solid, high-quality and wear-resistant. However, you can pick up an inexpensive model that will serve its owners for more than one year.
Today, improved ottomans are very popular, the inner part of which is designed to store various things. In the corridor, such furniture will come in handy, since you can place various accessories and little things in it, which often get in the way and get lost in such environments.
In the corridor, the ottoman can play not only a functional, but also a decorative role. With the help of this thoughtful and convenient detail, it is possible to transform the interior and make it complete.
The main thing is to correctly choose the right model that would be in harmony with other interior items in the hallway and with wall / floor decoration.
Today on the furniture market there are ottomans of various types and modifications. Many of them are supplemented useful functions and mechanisms that are simply necessary in the hallway:
Recently, they are in great demand poufs with a back. Outwardly, such furniture is very similar to a small armchair. Such models are more often used for the seat. As a rule, they are complemented by soft upholstery, which is very comfortable and cozy to sit on. Ottomans with backs fit easily into almost any ensemble
- No less convenient and popular is the special ottoman-couch. It is a compact bench. Most often, these designs contain useful storage systems in which you can place shoes, various accessories, and even some types of clothing.
- Many furniture factories today produce easy-to-use ottomans with hangers. Such products look interesting and attractive. However, ottomans with hangers are not suitable for all rooms, as they are often large.
- A rectangular pouf complete with a drawer creates a comfortable and spacious pedestal ottoman. The main feature of these interior items is their spaciousness. Even if we are talking about compact and narrow bedside tables, it will be easy to place many different things and objects in them.
- Many models have folding seat or a special retractable mechanism. These designs are used in products with storage systems. Such ottomans with a lid on the top or a drawstring handle are considered the most functional and spacious.
- The folding design is most often equipped with an elegant pouf chest … This original and rich model has the most simple and uncomplicated form, but this does not prevent it from embodying unobtrusive luxury and sophistication in its design.
Charming chests with quilted upholstery or inserts in the form of furniture studs look especially elegant. These ottomans are produced not only in a square, but also in a rectangular elongated shape.
Also ottomans differ in shape:
- Soft padding works best on round models. Round poufs with luxurious wrought-iron frames look especially impressive. Many manufacturers offer such options today.
- For a small hallway, a semicircular pouf would be an ideal option. Such furniture does not take up much space and looks very stylish. Most often, semicircular ottomans are placed close to the wall, leaving the passage in the corridor free and not cluttered.
- For a spacious hallway, a fashionable triangular copy is suitable. With the help of these poufs, you can use the corners of the room and organically organize the available space.
The cost of an ottoman for the hallway largely depends on the materials from which it is made:
Truly unique, luxurious and graceful are the elegant forged models. As a rule, these interior items are decorated with unique iron curls and wavy lines. A wrought-iron pouf with a soft top will attract the main attention and set the tone and style of the corridor decor. Many consumers opt for these products, as they are as durable and wear-resistant as possible. Even after many years, this forged product will not lose its attractive appearance and will not deform after regular use. Lovers of truly unique and chic pieces of furniture will love the intricate wrought-iron options with decorative swirls, iron leaves and other eye-catching additions
The only drawback of these models is their high cost. But the service life and unique design of forged products justify the price.
Chic will never go out of style leather copies… Such soft and beautiful ottomans can revive the interior and give it a light touch of aristocracy. The entire pouf can be upholstered with leather or only its upper part (seat). The most expensive and durable options are with natural leather trim. Such material will retain its presentation for a long time and will not deform. Natural leather is very pleasant to the touch and elastic, so it is not so easy to damage it
A little cheaper for the consumer will cost a beautiful ottoman with leatherette upholstery. This artificial synthetic material looks very similar to natural leather, but is less durable and wear-resistant. For example, furniture with such upholstery may lose its attractiveness in conditions of unstable temperatures (leatherette may crack). It is also worth noting that the leather substitute is coarser and grainy when touched
High-tech and beautiful material is eco-leather… Today it is widely used in a wide variety of industries. Ottomans with a similar finish look no worse than models made of genuine leather, but they cost much less. Some buyers advise to treat this environmentally friendly material more carefully, as it easily gets scratches and puffs from sharp parts of clothing. It is also worth noting that eco-friendly leather is easily dyed, so in stores you can find leather ottomans in a variety of colors - from timeless and strict classics to colorful and catchy options
The leading position in terms of performance and appearance is occupied by wooden ottomans… This natural material is reliable and environmentally friendly. Do not think that such models can only be bought for classic interiors. Modern manufacturers produce a huge number of different options, so it will be possible to choose a suitable product not only for the classics, but also for a more modern ensemble
Many wood models are complemented by various functional details. For example, it can be roomy wooden shelves or coasters.
- Especially popular today are fashionable rattan poufs … Outwardly, such options may look fragile and unreliable, but in reality they always turn out to be strong, wear-resistant and durable.
- The most expensive and strongest are models made of oak, walnut, alder, hevea or wenge. They look really luxurious and last a very long time. If you cannot afford such specimens, but you really want to buy a model made of natural wood, then you can turn to more affordable structures made of pine or birch.
- The cheapest are ottomans made of chipboard and MDF. These materials consist of wood waste (wood shavings). Products made from such raw materials can last a very long time, but it is recommended to protect them from moisture and moisture. You should not place such furniture in a room with a high percentage of humidity. It is also worth noting that such products often have a rustic and formulaic appearance. It is quite difficult to find a truly original, bright and beautiful ottoman made of chipboard or MDF.
The entrance hall has many differences from other rooms in an apartment or house. First of all, the small footage of such rooms should be noted, so furniture for them must be selected especially carefully and carefully.
Most corridor ottomans are low in height. This indicator rarely exceeds 40-45 cm. However, the depth and width of these interior items can vary greatly. For example, for a hallway, you can buy a pouf with a depth of only 30-40 cm and a width of 50-60 cm. In modern furniture stores, models of small and medium sizes are most often found. So, one of the most common are narrow options of 30x30 or 25 cm.
Also, in many stores you can order a pouf of the sizes you need. It can be non-standard, for example, long or curved - the choice is yours. Such a product will cost more, but it will ideally suit your hallway and will delight the eye with a unique design.
The color of the ottoman should overlap with other shades present in the hallway. Today, to create a harmonious and beautiful ensemble, you can choose a model of any color. The most popular are, of course, the classic options.
The classics include black, white and brown tones. Furniture in this design looks great in many ensembles and rarely knocks out of the interior, drawing undue attention to itself. However, it should be said that the snow-white ottoman in the hallway is unlikely to remain perfectly clean for a long time.
Light-colored models are very attractive and elegant, but they get dirty too easily, so such poufs in the corridor should be treated as carefully and carefully as possible.
Colors such as purple, dark blue, gray, dark green or burgundy are less easily soiled and practical to use. Such options will look very stylish and attractive in an appropriate setting.
Ottomans of pastel colors look gentle and romantic. Such elements can soften the interior.
Be careful when choosing items in bright and flashy colors. These models should be placed only in rooms with a neutral and calm finish, otherwise, as a result, the ensemble will turn out to be too catchy and even annoying.
Today, a suitable pouf can be selected for an interior in any stylistic design. Consider some of the characteristic features that are endowed with ottomans of various styles:
- Classic. Beautiful poufs in the style of timeless classics look harmonious in almost any hallway. As a rule, models in this vein are made of natural wood and are distinguished by a solid and noble design.
- High tech. This modern style is wildly popular today. Many home interior designers call hi-tech "the classics of today's youth." Modern and futuristic ottomans in this direction are distinguished by their simplicity and laconic forms. As a decoration for these models, chrome parts or strong metal legs can act.
- Eco … The name of this style speaks for itself. Eco direction involves the use of furniture made from natural and environmentally friendly materials in the interior. For a hallway in this vein, a charming and high-quality pouf made of bamboo, hevea or rattan is suitable.
- Ethnic. Ethnic style ottomans are most often decorated with geometric prints and unusual folklore elements. Variants with an artificially aged surface look especially interesting and elegant. Such a detail can give the interior a unique touch of an Alpine chalet.
How to choose?
The entrance hall is the first thing that we can observe when entering a house or apartment. Such a room, no doubt, always attracts special attention. If you want the corridor to be attractive and functional, then you should complement it with a comfortable ottoman with shoe shelves, an additional drawer (or several drawers) or a model with a spacious cabinet. Such instances will not only complete the interior of the hallway, but also perform many useful functions.
If the footage of the corridor allows, then a structure consisting of an ottoman and a hanger attached to the wall can be installed in it. Often, such furniture is equipped with shelves, drawers and cabinets in the lower part. To visually expand the space, it is recommended to buy ottomans in light colors. However, you should be careful with such furniture, as it gets dirty easily and quickly. It is better to give preference to options from leather, eco-leather or leatherette. Dirt and dust is very easy to wipe off such surfaces, especially if done quickly.
When choosing a suitable ottoman, be sure to consider the layout of the corridor. So, for a small and cramped hallway, a semicircular or round option would be the best solution. If the area allows, then a stylish triangular or massive cylindrical specimen can be placed in the room.
Be sure to inspect your furniture before purchasing. Upholstery, structures and mechanisms (if any) must be in perfect condition. The product should not show scuffs and scratches.
A comfortable and functional ottoman can be made by yourself. To make such furniture with your own hands, you will need patience and desire, as well as old tires (to give the model a round shape), plywood, wooden boxes and unusable tires. We make a single structure out of all these parts and sew them with fabric or leather.
See below for a master class on creating a unique ottoman with your own hands.
A suitable ottoman can be chosen for the hallway, made in any style and color. For example, against the background of calm green walls and brown laminate, a corner white pouf with a soft pale apple seat and a hanging corner structure with hooks (for clothes) and shelves for books, magazines and various accessories will organically look.
Uncomplicated square ottomans, not weighted with decorative inserts, look great in minimalist and modern interiors. For example, in a large snow-white hallway with a milky tiled floor and a glossy black door, a small and square gray-green ottoman with a geometric relief on the upholstery will look.
Models of bright and rich colors are recommended to be placed in corridors made in calm colors. For example, a low round pouf in a dense lemon shade will complement a corridor with coffee walls, a light laminate floor and dark blue elements (an entrance door and a floor carpet).
If your hallway is made in a luxurious and aristocratic style, then an expensive pouf with genuine leather trim will look best in it. For example, in an aristocratic room with beige walls and a pale brown floor, you can put a small square ottoman made of milky leather, hang a mirror with a baguette frame over it, and put a rack with hangers decorated with a back wall made of quilted cream leather a little further away.
In a narrow hallway, not cluttered with a large number of shelves and cabinets, you can put a small ottoman in a contrasting shade. For example, in a room with orange walls, half trimmed with decorative stone, you can put an eye-catching black soft pouf with a rounded back and decorate the situation with wall paintings with black frames. It is not recommended to exhibit additional pieces of furniture in such environments, as they can make the layout heavier.
A contrasting ottoman will look spectacular in a snow-white corridor. So, against the background of white walls and a black and white floor with a diamond-shaped print, a forged or metal version with black legs and a rectangular red seat without a back should be placed.
In the hallway, made in the loft style and finished with decorative white bricks, a small hard ottoman-bench in white will look like. It can be complemented by a tall mirror with a wooden frame and light paintings with black frames on the walls.