An entrance hall is a very important economic space in an apartment or house. That is why the choice of furnishing this room is responsible and requires not only design, but also functional solutions.
What should be the furniture?
First you need to estimate the dimensions of the room. If the size allows you to "expand", it should be used at all costs, and create a multifunctional space with the ability to accommodate well-thought-out storage systems.
The best embodiment of this idea will be a closed dressing room, which allows you to store not only clothes for all seasons, but also such household items as an ironing board or a vacuum cleaner.
However, often in apartment buildings, the layout of the hallways does not provide such an opportunity. We have to look for lightweight options that suggest space only to hang a few jackets and place two or three pairs of shoes. But do not be upset if you have such a small corridor - furniture manufacturers and designers have long come up with a huge number of options for making a small space attractive to the eyes and convenient for use.
Various configurations allow you to make the design unique and meet all the requirements of the owner. Nowadays, cabinet furniture is very common. It has a standard set: an open hanger for daily use, a wardrobe, usually with swing doors, a shoe rack, a shelf for hats and scarves. May have a small chest of drawers or several open shelves for storing keys, a mirror. This headset meets all the requirements, looks like a single complex and does not require a lot of imagination for design.
Upholstered furniture will help to create coziness, convenience and diversify the interior of the hallway:
Currently, designers suggest not to stand on your feet while lacing your boots, but to sit comfortably, for example, on a couch. It looks very impressive and will harmoniously fit into the hallway slightly larger than the standard size. You can choose any color and upholstery, it is recommended not to choose too easily soiled, light color and delicate fabric, as stains and abrasions may appear from frequent use
A more practical option is a couch made of wood or plastic, on which pillows are simply laid, such textiles are not expensive to replace and it is possible to wash at any time.
- If you don't like a model such as a couch or do not fit in size, you can replace it with an armchair. It is also very convenient and has many design options. One of them is a sideboard chair that combines two different pieces of furniture. It is convenient to place a landline phone on the part that is responsible for the curbstone, throw keys, make notes, or simply install a decorative element, a vase or a photo frame on it.
- The most democratic upholstered furniture in the hallway will be a pouf. It takes up very little space, and in terms of functionality it is not inferior to an armchair and a couch. To create symmetrical compositions in the interior, you can use two poufs, and put a small table between them. Such an ensemble will help organize a place for receiving guests and waiting. A good choice would be an ottoman-wardrobe with the ability to store small items inside, for example, brushes for clothes or sponges for shoes.
- Lovers of deliberate antiquity and shabby-chic style in the design of the room, but who want to have furniture with seats, in the corridor will come in handy with such an element as a chest. There is plenty of storage space inside, and the functionality is the same as that of the couch.
- The dressing table in the hallway looks elegant and chic. A large mirror will beneficially expand the space, make the room brighter, and the ability to store accessories (combs, hairpins, scarves or glasses) will become a lifesaver for women.
- Consider storage furniture for other seasons. The large hall has the ability to accommodate a whole dressing room. In expensive luxury houses, this room is disguised with hinged doors according to the design, and in a more modern style - by sliding systems based on the principle of a compartment or any other.
The dressing room is a whole science, there are manufacturing companies that are exclusively engaged in looking for and implement new ideas for the most functional storage system.
- A more compact alternative is the wardrobe. It is roomy, reliable and looks good. A custom-made cabinet will meet all the requirements of the owner. The number and size of shelves, the length of the bar, the width of the door leaf, the presence of closed drawers or baskets for accessories and small accessories can be discussed with the manufacturer. You can choose absolutely any design, which simplifies the selection process.
- If the hallway is small or you don't want to clutter it up with massive wardrobes, and things from other seasons need to be hidden somewhere, you need to purchase a pencil case for clothes. It is a narrow, tall cabinet equipped with either just shelves or several shelves and a short bar. Everything is very expedient, democratic and without scope.
- But the pencil case is rarely an independent object in the hallway. Basically it is an element of a combined modular system. It usually also includes an open hanger for daily use, a shelf for hats and scarves, a shelf for shoes, possibly a mirror and a small chest of drawers.
- If not only the hallway is small, but the apartment as a whole, design ideas give an answer to the question of what to do: look for transforming furniture. Compact in appearance, it has great functionality. It is worth pulling on the necessary element and a chair or a small table comes out, and there are developments that combine the wall in the hallway with a bar counter, a box with drinks and glasses.
If it is too difficult to perceive, then a hanger with a twist mechanism looks more ordinary. It is divided into three sections: with hooks for clothes, with a mirror and a mini-cabinet, and such furniture occupies only 70 centimeters in a radius.
It is logical to assume that the shape of the furniture should harmoniously fit into the shape of the room. Thus, in the presence of a long narrow corridor, the furniture should also be narrow, otherwise the impression of clutter is created. In such a space, it is not worthwhile to immediately install a high cabinet next to the front door, it is better to arrange items in ascending order, for example: a mirror with a low cabinet or a couch, an open bar with hooks for outerwear, and only then a high pencil case or wardrobe.
For "irregular" shapes of a room or a room with a large number of corners that have a pressing effect, a wardrobe with radius doors is perfect. They are convex, concave, or wavy. The latter are designed for a larger space, since the design feature implies at least four doors.
If the hallway has a square shape, then the corner wall in the hallway is appropriate. Often, the edges of such a wall are designed as open shelves, which can be either with a right angle, or they can be rounded. These shelves have a decorative purpose and are used to install pictures, photographs, vases and figurines, or you can put wicker baskets in them and store various little things.
The size of the hallways is also determined by the size of the room. You should not try to fit a huge wardrobe in a small hallway: it will take up too much space, and it will not be easy to undress and take off your shoes in an elementary way.
There are standard dimensions for any furniture. Depending on the type of model, it will not be difficult to choose a suitable hallway, but if the store did not find a suitable option, contact the manufacturers who make custom hallways according to individual sizes.
Such an opportunity saves a lot of time looking for a suitable headset, and the finished interior looks harmonious and is convenient and functional to use.
In private country houses, the size of the hall can reach 20 sq. m. The owners of such mansions are able to ensure that the premises, even with such dimensions, are able to be comfortable and well-planned. In this case, the presence of consoles, couches, mirrors, poufs and tables will be very appropriate and convenient.
But many are mistaken that such spaces should be filled with interior elements by all means. Lovers of minimalism can generally abandon large wardrobes and numerous armchairs in favor of an ordinary hanger bar, and leave shoes on the floor. This very bold, but at the same time fashionable option suits young and energetic people.
Thus, a compact headset can be appropriate in rooms of various sizes, it will look easy, it will not overload the atmosphere, and it will meet the minimum requirements.
When choosing a suitable cabinet, pay attention to parameters such as depth, width and height. They directly depend on the proper use of storage space. For a narrow corridor, there is a cabinet with a depth of 30 cm. Although this indicator limits the functionality, it looks light and elegant outwardly, fits well into the dimensions.
Please note that in this case, the bar for hanging things is not attached along, but across. When making an individual order, please note: the width of such a section must be at least 55 cm.
Mini-sets with a width of 100 cm consist of an open area for outerwear, a shoe rack, a narrow pencil case with a full-length mirrored door or a separate mirror to the waist and a small chest of drawers - this is a classic option for a Khrushchev apartment or studio.
Modern furniture production offers products from different materials for every taste and budget:
Hallways made of solid wood may be of interest to connoisseurs of everything natural and natural in the house. Such products are distinguished by their practicality, solid appearance, durability and reliability. Wardrobes, cabinets and other oak elements will perfectly fit into eco-style, classic or modern, empire style, baroque. However, such furniture is not cheap, a more democratic option is wooden furniture from solid pine. It is practically not inferior in properties to oak furniture, but affordable and elegant
- Another alternative is a veneer wall in the hallway. It can be natural or synthetic. Special surface treatment allows applying laminate, laminate, varnish, silk, cortex to the veneer. This is done for decorative purposes.
- Rattan furniture will become an unusual phenomenon in the hallway. Rattan is a special liana that grows mainly in hot and humid climates, processed according to a special technology and has no analogues. Furniture from it turns out to be light and strong, resistant to moisture. This is an expensive material and a fully rattan cabinet is an expensive rarity, so manufacturers combine rattan with wood or MDF.
By the way, MDF - the most favorite material among manufacturers. Almost all middle-class furniture is made from it. It consists of furniture dust, processed and glued in a special way.Thanks to the technologies, MDF boards are very durable, they do not corrode, do not deform in conditions of high humidity, and outwardly look impressive and elegant
When choosing a color, start from the lighting in the room. As a rule, corridors in apartment buildings do not have windows, therefore they remain a space without natural sunlight. Having picked up a wall in a dark-colored hallway, you may find that the room has become small and uncomfortable.
However, pure white walls and a light set, which lacks blank elements with doors, made in black, dark brown, deep blue, will look stylish and modern, provided that the lighting is well thought out. In general, bright colors in the interior can and should be used. They cheer up, look energetic and perky.
The main thing is not to overdo it. You can quickly get tired of a too colorful interior, it will get bored and disliked, it will be enough to choose a few elements, for example, red and brown or yellow and sky blue.
The complexities of choosing an original design are not easy to face these days. Such a diverse choice that manufacturers offer is ready to satisfy any buyer:
- Models made of wood or made with wood imitation always look aristocratic and elegant. The particular woody relief is always interesting to look at, and it is pleasant to the touch.
- Unusual textures are created by different techniques of execution. For example, inserts made of eco-leather, which is applied in a special way, are one of the favorite decorative elements of modern interiors.
- An unusual design is created through the use of materials such as bamboo or rattan.
- Glass elements create lightness and elegance, and glass can be matte or glossy, graphite or with a bronze effect.
- Patterns and ornaments are often applied to mirrors using sandblasting techniques, and the perimeter is decorated with stones and rhinestones.
- A bold solution is to print on the cabinet doors with a wallpaper pattern or any other image.
- Make sure that all the elements of the hallway are made in the same way. For example, door handles or runners were made of the same metal color with the front door handle and mirror frame.
When choosing furniture for the hallway, be guided by the general stylistic orientation of the apartment. This part of the house should not stand out and stand out from the general plan, it should be perceived as an entry into your personal space:
Art Nouveau style corresponds to the smoothness of the lines, the rejection of sharp corners in favor of more natural, soft outlines. To get a good feel for this style, imagine that you are in a garden that is surrounded by vines, and the trees have bizarre shapes. Forget about symmetry when furnishing your apartment in this style. This design is chosen by creative people with a vulnerable mental organization
- For people with a clear life position, successful and entrepreneurial, business minimalism or stylish high-tech is suitable. For such an interior in the hallway, the most suitable would be a wardrobe with glossy doors sliding strictly in one straight line, metal elements, the absence of a large amount of decor or its complete absence, straight lines and cold shades.
- Luxurious and glamorous luxury style emphasize with gilded elements, the presence of rhinestones and shiny stones, reflective elements and rich and deep colors - black, red and burgundy, dark blue and dark green, gray. Draperies with velvet or lurex fabrics are encouraged.
There are a huge number of hallway furniture manufacturers in Russia and abroad.They differ in the method of production (factory, handicraft), materials used (natural, artificial), stylistic features of products, price:
- The most famous factories in Russiapresenting furniture products in the hallway are Shatura, Lazurit, Sokol, Progress, Lyubimy Dom and others.
- Elite-class furniture is rightfully considered Italian products… They are distinguished by unsurpassed quality, sophistication, sophistication of models. Such furniture is worthy of the most discerning connoisseurs.
- Malaysian furniture from mahogany wood will surprise you with its uniqueness and originality. The material from which the furniture is made is very rare, so such furniture is not cheap.
- If we consider foreign manufacturers of economy class, then Ikea occupies a separate niche.… Factory designers develop unusual concepts for rooms of different shapes and sizes. The products of the Swedish manufacturer have long attracted domestic buyers due to their reasonable price and European quality.
How to choose and place correctly in the room?
Choosing furniture in the hallway correctly means trying to find the optimal ratio of all the main criteria and properties. Consider the volume and size of the room, illumination, the presence of doorways to living rooms:
- From the point of view of the organization of space, the corridor is the most difficult room. There is usually little natural light, the shape is generally long and narrow, and involves a large number of doorways, due to which useful space is lost.
- In order for the furniture in the long hallway to look harmonious and not clutter up the space, place it along the free wall, move the blind zone to the center, thereby facilitating the free edges.
- The arrangement for a square room will be easier if you use modular furniture in creating an interior. This method will give you the opportunity to show your imagination, try different placement options.
- A large hallway can be zoned by dividing the space according to purpose. Separately arrange the elements for seating - poufs, couches, armchairs. Separate the hanger or bar with hooks for clothes from the closet for storing clothes of other seasons, allocate an area for decorative arrangement - a console, a dressing table and a mirror.
- An unheated corridor, for example, in a summer house, must be furnished with furniture that is moisture-resistant and not prone to deformation at low temperatures.
Check with the seller about the similar properties of the material from which the products are made. Artificial raw materials meet these requirements best of all.
Beautiful and stylish corridor interior design ideas
- Elements of oriental flavor combine not only exceptional external charm, but also wide functionality.
- Even in a small apartment, you can create a high-tech hallway interior design.
- White is very fashionable and beloved by designers in the interior design of houses, emphasized by contrasting elements.
- Unusually, a wardrobe with radial doors changes the space of the hallway.
- The contrasting design solutions of the hallways look bright and modern.
Even more ideas for a beautiful hallway design are waiting for you in the next video.