The umbrella holder is an interesting and useful accessory in apartments, houses, offices. This is not just a piece of decor, but a functional item, a good place to store umbrellas. Wooden or plastic, bulky and miniature, with forging or carving - the stands will become a real object of decor for the hallway, lobby.
Features and benefits of the accessory
All models show different shapes. Some of them come with a special sponge bottom to absorb moisture. This means you can say goodbye to drips, puddles and stains on the floor.
On the one hand, a minimalistic umbrella stand will favorably emphasize the furniture, on the other hand, it will bring a special comfort to the atmosphere.
The price of a stand varies depending on the material from which it is made:
- Cheap models are always plastic. The products show unpretentious shapes, bright colors. Such umbrellas are quite mobile, lightweight and easy to carry.
- Metal forged products will cost more. A stand for umbrellas in the corridor with chasing, in the form of a vase, a steel box, will look fashionable.
- Material to match fittings, frames in the hallway, furnishings. For example, bronze-coated umbrella stands will look harmoniously in the interior with bronze-like furniture.
If you use folding umbrellas, look for models with supports, hooks, loops, mobile hangers. A tall stand with a tray and moisture-wicking material is a good option for a cane.
For a fusion, techno or hi-tech atmosphere, prepare a rack with a variety of alloys. These should be designer technological structures that resemble an unusual device “from the future”. For a strict loft, urban chic, a combination of glass, wood, rigid wire is a good idea.
Ceramics and painted models with floral patterns will add coziness to the Provencal style. But products made of special plaster, which can be painted in any suitable shade, will help you to be known as real creatives.
A floor stand for an umbrella is a practical and useful thing.
Its main advantages are:
- assistance in drying umbrellas;
- the ability to give the interior an individual, complete look;
- a wide collection of models of different sizes, shapes;
- a successful attempt to combine such a piece of furniture with a hanger, dressing room doors and other items;
- easy care of the accessory.
A high-quality hallway umbrella stand often features handmade decor.
Such options fit perfectly into the atmosphere of the avant-garde, English, colonial style, Renaissance, Art Nouveau, vintage, etc.
A modern umbrella holder can look like a huge floor vase. Such a decorative accessory should not be hidden from view. She should emphasize the interior of the hallway as much as possible. If you choose a regular holder, then it is better to fix it to the wall, cabinet.
All floor accessories must be conveniently placed in the corridor so that they do not interfere when entering and leaving the house. The same goes for magazine racks, laundry baskets and other items.
The hook-shaped umbrella holder is most often screwed onto a nail. The most expensive and super effective glue-based formulations do not always withstand the load. The hook mounted in the wall will serve as a holder not only for an umbrella, but also for a heavy fur coat, sheepskin coat, and other outerwear. The glued “loop” may not be able to withstand such a load.
The umbrella holder is best used for its intended purpose.
Depending on the rest of the interior elements, you can choose the appropriate option:
- The umbrella holder in the form of a basket, vases will perfectly complement the styles of Rococo, retro, ontoart, kitsch, Romanesque, classical or Egyptian. The vase can be made of impact-resistant glass, acrylic, all kinds of prints, patterns and ornaments.
- Glass containers resembling a vase, a large aquarium, a bottle. The material itself can be transparent, matte, tinted. For example, for the Egyptian style, you can use the appropriate ornaments, hieroglyphs, images of totems, Egyptian gods and other symbols.
- The umbrella cabinet in the shape of a wooden barrel will maintain the spirit of the Middle Ages, rustic country style. Be sure to use all kinds of impregnations to prolong the life of natural wood. Thus, it will not get wet over the years, will not dry out and insect pests will not start in it. The accessory will perfectly accentuate hallways equipped with wooden boards and parquet.
- For elegant antique, classic, Venetian, Art Deco and Versailles style, ceramic vase stands are suitable. Such an interior item should resemble an expensive fresco, a figurine, and be of greater value than a traditional umbrella. The mood in the room will depend on the selected pattern, ornament, color scheme. Most often in this category are floor vases, stands in the form of figures of animals, birds.
- In modern interiors, a basket made of rattan, skillful weaving, is increasingly used. The material is characterized by high environmental friendliness, suitable for lobbies decorated with natural materials. They fit perfectly into the style of rustic, rustic country, eco, boho. The main advantage of the models is the ability to take any shape that the master desires.
- Volumetric umbrella stands look interesting in leather. The material can be combined with metal, wood, glass. Such options look presentable, luxurious. You will achieve amazing effect with products made of aged leather.
Umbrella stands can be purchased from the factory or made by hand. Storage space for umbrellas is becoming an integral part of the decor of modern hallways.
The English style, a sense of luxury and comfort, aristocracy and bohemia - this is what such trifles will bring to the decoration of the premises.
Many collections of domestic and foreign production represent a series of models from various materials. Your choice will depend on how you decide to decorate the corridor. The functional features and characteristics of the material will be an important criterion.
Fans of modern, hi-tech, loft styles can safely order glass umbrella stands. Shock-resistant, refined - with proper care, it will last a long time, successfully highlighting all the strengths of the interior. Try to select models with the correct "geometry". An umbrella holder can resemble a wide aquarium or a glass cube with interestingly designed edges.
Glass looks especially luxurious under the right lighting. The spray patterns are eye-catching, and the painted pieces transform the corridors into a true gallery.
Lovers of the colonial, baroque, avant-garde style should pay attention to the leather, wicker racks. The latter will also harmoniously fit into Provencal, bohemian interiors. Rattan models are characterized by strength and durability. They perfectly tolerate temperature changes, minor mechanical damage.
Maximum durability - in metal umbrella. All that can confuse you is the appearance of corrosion. However, modern manufacturers process umbrella stands with special solutions, impregnations, which improves the technical characteristics of products.
Natural wood gives the room a cosiness. It goes well with wardrobes, wardrobes, side tables and couches made of beech oak, alder or softwood. In classic interiors, you can place embossed umbrella or carved products.
Minimalistic, conservative, kitsch, eclecticism will not do without plastic racks. You can choose either a snow-white accessory that complements the strict decor of the hallway, or choose bright, colorful models.
Metal, steel umbrellas with bronze, silver or gold plating are an indispensable attribute of country houses and luxurious mansions. Laconic models can be designed as a single support and pallet.
The most popular are spiral racks due to their practicality and convenient placement of accessories.
The shade and print of the umbrella will depend on the overall style concept. Overly colorful models can be used to decorate plain interiors. Solid black, brown, navy blue umbrella holders will emphasize all the beauty of the classics, retro.
The absolute trend of the season is products in mustard, Marsala, purple, any shades of turquoise. If we are talking about glass, you can use colorful floral patterns, and if we are talking about plastic, paint that imitates natural wood species.
For a romantic style, rustic, Provence, shabby chic, floral motifs, pastel shades are suitable. Drawings of birds, insects, vegetation will perfectly emphasize the delicate, cozy interior. If the walls in the hallway are bright, colored, then try to play on contrasts.
A detail like an umbrella should stand out from the general atmosphere.
Umbrella stand manufacturers create collections of practical and beautiful items. On the one hand, they are based on functional features: space saving, dryness of the room. On the other - from aesthetics. The most popular rack options were:
- Umbrella by Seletti brands (Italy). The black and white metal urn resembles a cartoon object, not an umbrella. Only a drawing with raindrops and a funny inscription reminds of the true purpose of the accessory.
- A miracle stand from brand Progetti with awesome inverted umbrella design.
- Practical and durable Esschert Design products from cast iron.
- A good solution for the lobby would be a model made of shockproof glass from Fiam Italia with a graceful and complex structure.
- Metal is considered ideal. stand Progetti Bach in the style of minimalism, hi-tech. It resembles a real space shuttle.
- Metal vases can be depicted in the form of a tall bucket, as they did Stylish nest or designer Davide bozzini.
Simple shapes and low price for products are a definite plus. In this case, try to choose bright polypropylene products.
And you can also find the craziest options for decorating umbrella stands, for example, in the form of a painted bucket, a branchy driftwood, a Chinese vase.
Beautiful examples in the interior
For offices or homes, you can use a wooden stand or MDF stand in a wood-like color. For private houses with beautiful lighting, models in the form of a perforated cylinder and a cone are suitable. This design will allow light to pass through the container, create interesting reflections and shadows.
Models in the form of an inverted umbrella, a gnome's boot will look funny. Cast iron options with a worn effect, forging will ideally fit into the interiors of an English-style living room. Plastic will successfully decorate modern hallways. Abstract shapes resembling a bucket, urn, balls and pyramids will become a real pop art object.
Bright stands made of artificial materials not only keep the umbrellas in a stable position, but also decorate the interior in the style of kitsch, hi-tech.
Some wardrobes can be functionally combined with a holder. It can be not only a floor vase, but also a metal hanger. Another interesting piece is an antique tin holder, an accessory with an imitation of organic resin and tree bark. Products with chaotic diagonal straight lines look dynamic.
A painted bucket, a birdcage, a spherical aquarium with slots - you yourself choose where to live: in the palace hall or in a stylish modern apartment.
You will learn more about how to choose an umbrella stand for the hallway in the following video.