The first impression about the apartment and its owner is formed already from the doorway - in the hallway. That is why its design should be as stylish and pleasing to the eye as possible. First of all, it is worth choosing a color palette, the necessary materials, deciding on the type of furniture and familiarizing yourself with the recommendations of the designers. Based on the opinion of professionals, take into account the nuances of the layout, as well as the area of the entrance space.
Features of the
A hallway in a modern style should not only please the eye, but also be practical to use. An important task for the landlord is to make the most of the space for storing wardrobe and household items. Dressers, tables, shelves and bedside tables will come to the rescue. If the layout allows, you can connect a corridor by placing there, for example, a shoe cabinet or a mirror with a mirror table. In the design of the hallway there is a place for upholstered furniture in the form of a sofa, armchairs or poufs. It is beautiful, convenient and comfortable.
The choice rests on the area of space and the general style.
Particular attention should be paid to the light. The entrance hall suffers from a lack of natural sunlight, so it is very important to take care of sufficient artificial lighting. Designers know that you can easily zone a room with a luminous flux, emphasize the zest of the interior and hide flaws. Well-chosen lighting sources can transform the familiar space.
All lighting sources are divided into:
- the main - large chandeliers or lamps;
- additional - spot lighting (sconces, floor lamps), LED strips.
Both lighting options have a right to exist and complement each other. Interestingly shaped hallways require special attention to the way of lighting. As a rule, spotlights are more suitable for such rooms. LED strip is good at placing accents on certain interior items or decor. For example, in the design of a zone with a mirror.
In apartments with a standard layout, rooms are separated by interior doors that are in harmony with the design and furniture of the hallway. This gives the interior a unity and preserves the individuality of each room.
To save space in standard apartments, it is recommended to install multifunctional and spacious wardrobes.
A small hallway is something that designers of standard apartments have to work with, because a small corridor is a problem in many houses. But still, the limited area will not interfere with the style, you just have to adhere to a few rules:
Reasonable management of space. You need to find a compact way to store clothes without burdening the room with massive wardrobes. Built-in shallow options with internal drawers and shelves work well
- Mirrors. The use of mirrors will help to visually expand the space and bring nobility and grace into it. Avoid massive frames as they are only good for luxurious and spacious lobbies.
- A minimum of details. Simple minimalistic shades and uncomplicated geometry of shapes are ideal for a modern apartment of a small area.
- Light colors. Light-colored materials make the room feel light and airy, while dark and flashy colors create a sense of pressure.
- There are no large chandeliers. An even distribution of small lighting fixtures will be the best solution for a small hallway.
Often in small hallways, in order to save space, ordinary open hangers with hooks are used instead of a closed cabinet with doors. Today, you can find original and stylish solutions for this design. In addition, this way of storing outerwear is very convenient. Things that get wet in the rain will dry much faster outdoors than in a closet. The panel hanger will fit enough clothes, but it will take up little space. Naturally, only seasonal and everyday items should be stored on it.
Private houses and luxury apartments boast spacious halls that can function as other living spaces. For example, they can be equipped with a sink for rinsing the paws of a beloved pet after a walk. When decorating such a room, there are practically no boundaries of imagination. You can easily use bright and dark tones, and experiment with different accessories.
In the design of a narrow corridor, light pastel colors are suitable - they visually expand the distance between the walls. Light colors are quite easily soiled, so pay attention to the care that this or that material needs. A wardrobe with mirrored doors will perfectly fit into such a layout … Try to visually bring the shape of the corridor closer to the square. For example, you can cut off part of the corridor with a spacious wardrobe. In this case, its beginning will look more spacious.
The minimum permissible width of the passage in the corridor is from 80 cm, therefore it is imperative exclude cluttering of the room … It is better to give up some piece of furniture than to stumble and squeeze in an uncomfortable space every day. Before purchasing this or that furniture, determine how comfortable it will be to undress and dress, bend over and sit down indoors. If something is confusing, think twice.
A room of this shape lends itself easily to design and decoration. In such a space, you can abandon spot lighting in favor of a chandelier. However, it is important to remember that volumetric lamps with elements hanging down will fit into a hallway with a high ceiling … If the room does not have this characteristic, then give preference to a simpler design.
The window in the hallway is a rare and original phenomenon. Such a layout is just a godsend for people with imagination. Curtains in such rooms are used light and translucent or not used at all. In such a hall, a pot with a houseplant will be appropriate, which will delight lovers of eco-style.
Beautiful and harmoniously selected finishing materials are the basis of any interior. When decorating each surface, it is worth adhering to special decorating principles. Liquid wallpaper is best suited for decorating the walls of the corridor, since they are quite practical and easy to apply, but you can also use:
- decorative plaster;
- textured plaster;
- wood panels or laminate;
- decorative rock;
- a little less often tiles are used in hallways.
The hallway is the most accessible room for prying eyes. It will be seen by every random guest: a neighbor or a courier, a work colleague or a doctor. So that you don't have to blush in front of your friends, decorate this room with style and comfort.
The design of the hallway can highlight the good taste and personality of the owner.
Hallways can be roughly divided into the following types:
There is the most suitable furniture set for each type. Below are the popular hallway options.
A good designer knows that making the most of the available space is key to success. The owners of small hallways should heed the designer's advice - make the area realize its full potential.
A corner model of a sliding-door hallway with an open side rack, a curbstone and a simple hanger is suitable for this type of room. In order not to think about where to find a place for the mirror, it is better to make mirrored doors for the cabinet. Such a cabinet looks compact, but in fact, it is a very roomy option.
This type of hallway is addressed in case of limited space or if there are few tenants in the apartment and there is no need to store many things. Any option assumes a minimum set of furniture. Usually, this is a panel with hooks or a vertical hanger, cabinet and mirror. You can do without a cabinet at all or pick up a small narrow model.
A large, modern hallway will have a spacious and practical wardrobe with sliding doors. There is a place in it for the belongings of all family members for all seasons. It is very important to think over the "insides" of such a cabinet so that everything has its place, including shoes.
This type assumes the presence of a classic cabinet with hinged doors. The style of the room will change slightly, but the functionality will not be affected. If the height of the ceilings permits, mezzanine cabinets can be installed.
The internal geometry of the room often leaves no choice for the type of hallway. But, if you are lucky enough to have a large entrance area, then the choice of design is only yours.
Follow your flair and fashion, but don't forget practicality.
How to choose furniture?
People who found themselves in the Soviet years still have a stereotype regarding hallway furniture. A bulky wardrobe in a small apartment, where it is impossible to turn around, immediately pops up in my memory.
If the hallway has free space, then cabinet furniture will be a good solution for it.
As a rule, such a room consists of a wardrobe, a hanger, a mirror, a shelf for hats and bags, and a shoe cabinet. A successful set of furniture for the hallway, not only beautiful, but also functional, harmonious and reliable. It is very important to think about what would suit you and sketch out a rough design of what you would like to see in the hallway.
So, when choosing furniture for the entrance area, refer to the following tips:
- Sliding wardrobes today occupy the main niche in furniture design, being full-fledged headsets. Usually, this cabinet has a mirrored surface and has illumination, which visually makes the room wider. Their appearance has greatly simplified life, making it possible to store outerwear, scarves, hats, umbrellas and handbags. Sliding doors are convenient when space is limited. A corner wardrobe will best fit into a small entrance area. It takes up a minimum of space and performs many functions.
- If the hallway is very narrow and there is no room for a wardrobe, then you can put a simple wardrobe option. Also, in such a room, a hanger with hooks is needed, where it is convenient to hang everyday clothes, especially in rainy weather.
- You can't do without a mirror in the hallway. Simple options include a hinged mirror of any shape above a table or chest of drawers. The inability to examine yourself at full height will be a significant drawback. The mirrored cabinet door also has its drawbacks - its lower part is prone to frequent dirt, especially if there are animals in the apartment. The most practical option would be a combination of a mirror and a panel, the height of which will not interfere with the view.
- Shelves for bags and other accessories are usually located above the hanger. On the side, the cabinet can be supplemented with corner shelves, where a telephone, modem and other little things can be conveniently placed. Shoes can be stored at the bottom of the cabinet or in a special cabinet.
- It is important to make sure that there is where to sit in order to put on your shoes. You are unlikely to regret buying a pouf or a small sofa.
- A win-win would be to turn to neutral shades, because this is an excellent basis for introducing bright color accents. Basic colors include white, black and gray, shades of beige and ivory. A solid white hallway in an apartment is perhaps not the most practical option, but in combination with other basic tones, you get a stylish and practical option. The accent can be made on green, purple, blue and other bright colors for the taste of the owner. Pictures, housekeepers, sconces will help in arranging these bright details.
- Remember that a lot of large furniture and household items will pass through the hallway, so place all objects wisely so that nothing is damaged.
Give up the semi-gloomy space littered with unnecessary things in favor of a small, but light and cozy hallway, where everything is stylish and comfortable. This space should have furniture that is comfortable for taking off clothes and storing shoes, scarves, umbrellas and bags. It should preferably have a place for things that are not used in the current season.
Closed cabinets will protect your clothes from dust and foreign odors, for example, from the smell of food from the kitchen.
Italian furniture no longer needs to prove its reputation in the global market. Headsets from Italy embody impeccable taste, luxury and elegance. The advantages of Italian furniture:
- Made from environmentally friendly wood. The furniture is completely safe for humans and pets, suitable for allergy sufferers and asthmatics.
- Raw materials undergo special processing, which increases the life of the product at times.
- Easy to care for.
- Has a great appearance.
Despite the huge selection of European furniture, Italian headsets are inimitable. They are distinguished not only by excellent quality, but also by the uniqueness of design and elegance. An Italian set in the hallway will emphasize the refined taste and financial viability of the apartment owners.
The furniture skillfully combines conciseness, good quality and severity. Headsets from Germany are usually referred to as “simple and tasteful”. Distinctive features of German hallways are:
- Impeccable taste.
- A minimum of details.
- High strength.
- Excellent quality.
German hallways are very popular with buyers who value durability and reliability. Such a set will preserve its strength and integrity for many decades.
How to register?
After the completion of the main repair work, it is time for the final touches. This is the time to decorate the interior and give it individuality. There are several ways to make the interior of the hallway special:
Elements of architecture. False panels will help to bring interesting ideas for wall decoration to life. Finishing under natural natural materials is especially popular now. Bezels are also used to create pseudo arches and niches
Carpets. Placing carpets in the entrance area is not a very practical solution. Such coatings get dirty quickly and require serious maintenance. However, this option should not be completely dismissed. Carpet can be placed further from the entrance to walk on without shoes. With the help of a bright carpet, you can place the necessary accents, and the coloring of the product will help to achieve the required visual effect. For example, a vertical striped carpet will visually expand the room
- Lighting. In addition to the main light sources, they also have a decorative function. When decorating the hallway, pay attention to interesting sconces, lamps and floor lamps. It is very important to consider the dimensions of the room and the dimensions of the lighting fixtures. Hardly anyone can complain about the lack of design solutions for lighting a space. Nowadays, lamps in the form of lanterns, unusual lampshades, LED strips are very fashionable.
- Mirrors. The mirror in the hallway will not only allow you to admire your own reflection, but also diffuse the light and expand the narrow space. With the help of mirrors, you can fight the lack of lighting, as they will reflect light from adjacent rooms. The surface of these details will create a sense of perspective, expanding the room several times. Do not be afraid of large mirrors - the larger the mirror canvas, the more spacious the hallway will seem.
- Wall decor. While decorating hallway flooring is completely impractical, the situation is different with walls. Experiments with walls are limited only by the owner's imagination. They are usually decorated with watches, paintings or family photos.
- Necessary little things. Systematization of storage of household items will help to keep order in the hallway. It is desirable that each thing has its place. To do this, get an umbrella basket, key holder, shelf or tray for storing shoe care products. Such gizmos are not only comfortable, but also very stylish.
- Fashionable hanger. This modern type of furniture can be a unique piece of decor. If the room is designed in light colors, you can pick up a hanger in a contrasting color. The pastel range can be supplemented with a hanger with an interesting ornament. Abstract and irregular shapes, surrealistic motives are in fashion now.
Designers recommend keeping the apartment in the same style. This rule strictly applies to studio apartments. However, if the room has a standard layout, divided into zones by doors and walls, then this rule can be deviated from.
If the hallway has free space, it would be a good solution to place a console table there. Its flat surface will allow you to arrange original and modern decor items. For example, candles, a vase of flowers, photo frames, a closed housekeeper.
The modern style is difficult to drive into some kind of framework. Today it is possible to make any fantasy come true. The hallway is a functional room, so it is very important to find harmony between convenience and style.
When decorating the hallway, try not to get out of the interior of the apartment as a whole.
For the Scandinavian style in the interior, you can use modern furniture with a natural wood facade (pine, oak or beech). It should be simple without intricate carving and decoration. Everything here is laconic and simple. Accents are set with bright or dark spots, be it a painting, a pillow or a rug.
Modern minimalism is characterized by smooth, glossy surfaces devoid of any pattern or carving. Furniture often does not have handles, but is opened by hand pressure. This setting creates a sense of cleanliness and order. As a rule, the color scheme is light, but bright options are also allowed.
This direction is not for everyone, but it is already gaining more and more fans. In simple terms, interiors in this style resemble the production premises of a plant or factory, with such characteristic items as a workbench, metal cabinet and shelving, wooden boxes and the like. Loft-style furniture looks incredibly impressive and stylish. Wooden baskets, metal hooks, simple bulbs without lampshades, folding chairs - all this creates a special environment.
This trend is the most prominent representative of modern style. In the hallway, made in this way, you can arrange furniture with mirror and metal elements. Items with shiny chrome details (handles, edging or legs) will also look good.
What furniture to choose in the hallway, you can find out from the following video.