Parquet board is quite inexpensive, but at the same time a natural floor covering, since it is made using natural wood. Due to this, it has higher technical characteristics compared to other floor coverings.
One of the most famous manufacturers of parquet boards is Tarkett. Choosing a Tarkett parquet board, the consumer chooses a reliable, environmentally friendly, durable and beautiful floor for his home. Finishing materials under this brand are widely popular all over the world, including in Russia.
Features of the company
The history of the company's development goes back to the end of the 19th century, or rather, to 1886. It was then that the Tarkett AB company was opened in Sweden, which produced parquet from wood waste from the production of wheels for wooden carriages. Parquet in its modern sense was developed by Tarkett designers only in the forties of the last century. The history of Tarkett is more than 130 years of mergers, acquisitions and mergers of various flooring industries. Currently, Tarkett is an association of several companies, which includes 28 production facilities and more than a hundred sales offices located around the world.
The Tarkett Group produces the following types of floor coverings:
- parquet board;
- art vinyl.
Actually, parquet board is a specialization of factories belonging to the Tarkett group of companies located in Sweden, Serbia and Poland. These factories are considered the most advanced in Europe, as they are based on the latest technological developments. Thanks to this, Tarkett products meet the requirements of international safety standards and maintain a leading position in the market.
According to the reviews of both ordinary consumers and professionals in the field of repair and finishing works, the products of this brand deserve respect as an example of quality, reliability and manufacturability. Tarkett is constantly improving its products, making them even safer, more wear resistant and easier to install and maintain. She was one of the very first to introduce heat treatment of materials in her factories, and in order to make the finished product more durable and moisture resistant, the main layer of parquet was glued from all sides. In the production of parquet boards, Tarkett uses a special varnish coating that increases the resistance of the parquet to abrasion.
Tarkett parquet board has a three-layer structure:
- The lower stabilizing layer ensures structural stability and dimensional stability. It is made of special plywood made of softwood, resistant to moisture.
- Coniferous wood base. The base fibers are perpendicular to the bottom and top layers, which ensures the stability of the entire flooring structure.
- The top layer is an array of valuable wood species, which are heat treated or toned. From above, this layer is covered with varnish (matte, glossy or super glossy).
For the manufacture of its products, the company uses the following types of wood:
Oak - is used most often due to its ideal qualities. He is beautiful, and durable, and solid. Just what you need for a good floor covering. It has a wide range of textures and shades, which depend on which part of the wood is selected for processing and how it is processed. The texture of an oak board can be more or less uniform over the entire plane of the board, or it can be a mixture of dark and light shades
Red oak has a more interesting appearance, which makes it possible to make more decorative parquet boards from it. This type of wood has a reddish-brown or pinkish tint with a slightly pronounced woody pattern. According to its strength characteristics, red oak is in the same line with ordinary oak
Beech - very wear resistant material. Beech trees live for over four hundred years. Products made from them have an elegant structure, especially if the technology of artificial aging is applied to them
Ash - the most suitable wood for a parquet board. Its elastic yet firm structure makes the flooring particularly durable. Ash lends itself well to heat treatment, as a result of which it darkens slightly and acquires a more pronounced pattern. Floors with a top covering made of this type of wood make it possible to add a special comfort and good mood to the interior
African mahogany - exotic wood, which has a bright pattern with a wavy structure in the cut, the natural lines of the pattern become reddish when polished
Merbau - wood of red-brown shades with an exquisite pattern with veins of mineral salts. Requires a special interior framing. Merbau wood has a special strength, so it is very practical, and at the same time it is able to fill the room with a unique luxury
Nut gives the flooring chocolate shades. This type of wood is harvested in North America. Walnut parquet is able to fill the atmosphere of the house with a special energy and give strength to its inhabitants
Kempas - wood with bright colors and light grain pattern. At the same time, it has a high density, which means that it has higher strength characteristics
Jatoba - has brownish shades with dark veins in the section. After polishing, the board made from this wood acquires a special gloss
Wenge - wood with dark chocolate color. It becomes even darker when exposed to light. It can sometimes look like almost ebony. Such a coating is well suited for contrasting interiors
Msasa - This type of wood from Central Africa is used for flooring only by Tarkett. It is a hard wood similar to teak. The wood flooring colors range from golden honey to light brown
Acacia - has soft colors with expressive patterns. Basic shades in brownish and greenish-brown tones. After processing, acacia wood becomes even more expressive and looks very elegant
Cherry - a fairly popular and frequently used material for flooring. The wood has an interesting structure in shades of brown and pink. Over time, cherry floors take on a richer color and bring warmth and comfort to the room
During the production process, the parquet board is dried, due to which high strength values of the products are achieved in various operating conditions. The top layer of the parquet is finished with a glossy or matt water-based varnish in seven layers. It is fixed to the surface using ultraviolet rays.
Such processing is necessary to make the coating more wear-resistant and restoreable (if necessary, you can grind the parquet board with the subsequent application of special compounds). The lacquer coating can also be replaced with an oil one, which makes the parquet resistant to dirt and moisture.
Each type of Tarkette parquet board is easy to install. See the following video for installation rules.
Specifications and dimensions
Tarkett parquet board has a standard thickness of 14 mm. The length of the board can be 2215, 2283, 1000, 1200 mm, width - 140, 164, 194 mm. By the nature of the drawing (design), the board can be single-lane and three-lane:
- Plank 1-Strip is made from one solid lamella. This flooring is designed to imitate solid wood flooring. Single-lane coverage is a premium product and is slightly more expensive than three-lane models.
- The top layer of a three-strip board consists of three lamellas glued together. Such a coating is more reminiscent of the parquet laying of the board.
Each series of parquet boards has its own technical characteristics (in addition to the above):
- The presence of an additional protective coating (for example, antibacterial).
- Possibility of laying on heated floors (yes or no).
- Processing effect (digital printing, toning).
- Service life (25, 30 years).
- Color change (slight, moderate).
- Change in hue (darkens).
- Density of wood (measured as greater or less than the density of oak).
How to care?
A few simple rules:
- Since the top covering of a parquet board is natural wood capable of absorbing and releasing moisture, in order to maintain the floor in good condition, it is necessary that the humidity in the room is not higher than 60% and not lower than 30%.
- To remove dust and various kinds of debris from the surface of the parquet, which can lead to scratches, it is necessary to regularly vacuum the floor.
- To maintain the parquet flooring in proper condition, the manufacturer advises to use a specially formulated care product.
- If any liquid is accidentally spilled on the floor, it should be immediately removed with a cloth.
The manufacturer does not recommend:
- Walk on a parquet board in heels or shoes with damaged soles, as well as in certain types of sports shoes.
- Place flower pots on the floor to avoid excess moisture build-up underneath.
- Clean the floor with a too wet cloth.
- The use of rugs on any solid base, including rubber, as this leads to excessive accumulation of moisture and dirt.
- Pour the parquet cleaner directly onto the flooring.
- Use of floor wax, abrasive and oily detergents.
- If there is a heated floor, set its temperature above 27 degrees, and also allow a sharp temperature drop (the drop should be no more than 2.8 degrees per day).
If you follow all Tarkett's recommendations for parquet care, then it is able to serve its owners for a long time. If the parquet board is worn out, you can always restore it by scraping. It is also possible, if necessary, to replace only some, especially worn out boards, with new ones, which will significantly save money.
Collections and examples in the interior
The Tarkett company offers today a huge selection of types of parquet boards, which are presented in 13 collections: