Thinking over the interior of the room, we want to achieve a harmonious combination of finishing materials and decor items. The skirting board should be in the same color as the furniture, the table top in the color of the floor, curtains made of the same material as the cushions. It is important to know the principles of selecting curtains for wallpaper, because their incompatibility will ruin the whole look of the room.
Features of the
White is traditionally associated with wealth and luxury. The purity and clarity of this color easily hides repair errors. Most often they resort to white wallpaper, wanting to visually enlarge the space and fill it with light.
The opinion that white interior designs are boring and monotonous is considered erroneous.
To make the interior "come to life", use the following tricks:
- White, like any other, has shades to play with (ivory, milky, cream). The smooth flow of cotton color into mother-of-pearl and other similar shades looks gorgeous.
- If muted overflows are not for you, then a good option would be to focus on dark brown furniture and bright decor items (curtains, cushions, etc.). Graphite, coffee or yellow color will successfully accentuate the white interior.
- A texture or pattern on white wallpaper will help revitalize and diversify the interior.
- White canvases are perfectly combined with photo wallpapers.
How to choose?
Everyone wants the living room to be harmonious in style and color palette. Curtains are one of the most important elements in the entire interior, so they should be given special attention. Curtains are a decoration of the room. Such, at first glance, an insignificant detail, can transform the space with minimal financial and physical costs.
Neglecting the choice of curtains can significantly spoil the overall impression of your interior.
Secrets of choice:
- Heavy and blackout curtains are best used in spacious living rooms, and in rooms such as a bedroom or nursery, hang light and airy materials.
- If you are aiming to create a light and cozy atmosphere, look for bright and warm colors. For a stuffy and sunny room, it makes sense to choose cool and fresh shades.
- If the room cannot boast of a large area, choose a light wallpaper with light curtains. Dark shades conceal the space, and rich-colored curtains visually bring the window area closer.
- Wall decoration and textiles should have a similar texture. Thin paper surfaces are complemented by light tulle, while thick vinyl or non-woven wallpapers require thicker, more massive curtains.
- If you like patterns, don't forget about the overall style of the room. Too large an ornament will visually reduce the space. Remember that shades and patterns should be in harmony with each other.
- Don't get carried away with dark colors. To avoid gloom, dilute rich tones with light accents.
- Wallpaper with a pronounced texture of stone, brick, plaster is best in harmony with plain blinds or roll curtains.
- Thinking over the renovation of an apartment, many are thinking about how to decorate a room for a particular tone of wallpaper. If there are 2 colors in the wall decoration, curtains to match one of them are best suited. Remember that curtains that are several shades darker or lighter than walls look best.
Successful color solutions
The white color of the wallpaper gives a lot of room for imagination. This wall decoration allows the use of both airy and dense textiles. The most stylish and successful combinations with white trim create the following shades:
- Black and white is a safe bet. It is always stylish, fashionable and relevant. Such an interior allows for the presence of bright accents.
- Pink, lilac, peach, raspberry, fuchsia and similar colors and shades are in perfect harmony with white and create a fresh spring-like design.
- Red is a very expressive color, so this combination will be unsuccessful for the bedroom, but in the kitchen or dining room, red curtains will invigorate and arouse appetite.
- The blue color personifies heavenly purity and freshness, it seems to fill the space with air. This is a very good combination for a bedroom or even a living room.
- White in combination with gold looks rich and solid. The white and gold interior is typical for interiors in a classic style.
- The gray-white range looks neutral and strict. This muted combination is often chosen for office spaces.
- Blue complements snow-white rooms well. This color is often used for zoning.
- Many shades of green work well with white wallpaper. This combination looks fresh and stylish in rooms for any purpose.
If you think that white wallpaper is boring, even if you apply additional contrasts, then take a closer look at the options with relief, sparkles, gloss. Today, the wall coverings market allows everyone to choose an option to their liking.
White is quite versatile and goes well with almost all shades, so the choice of curtain color depends on the purpose, which you want to achieve in the design of the room:
- If textiles are chosen as an accent assistant, refer to bright curtains.
- A dark color scheme for curtains will provide an interesting contrast.
- Pastel shades of curtains and the entire interior visually expand the space.
Designers recommend use the selected shade of curtains in other decorative elements. It is permissible to combine curtains of different colors and textures if it fits into the general style direction. Combinations of white wallpaper and cream, bluish, pink curtains look beautiful and delicate. Red, crimson, purple, green - accents.
If you have chosen white as the main color in the room, this does not mean at all that now you definitely need to select bright accents. A living room decorated in white, including wallpaper and curtains, will look sophisticated and luxurious. Pure white always looks expensive.
You will learn more about how to choose curtains for white wallpaper in the following video.