The layout of a one-room apartment always wants the best, especially if a family of several people lives in it. Recently, many homeowners are faced with the problem of a shortage of square meters in a small apartment, there is no room for bulky furniture, there is no opportunity to conveniently place equipment. A way out of this situation can be the implementation of redevelopment, after which the miniature "odnushka" will be transformed and will consist of a working, guest and private areas. A one-room apartment in a new form will allow not only to issue a chic design, but also provide all family members with comfortable living conditions.
Features and complexity of the task
At first glance, redeveloping a one-room apartment may seem like an easy task, but in reality it is not. It is possible to zoning the premises into separate functional areas only if a pre-drawn and approved project is available.
Often, a new redevelopment includes the construction or demolition of walls, and this is allowed, provided that the wall is not load-bearing.
At the same time, a number of positions are provided that are prohibited by law. These include the following points:
- The load-bearing wall must be "inviolable". It cannot be removed from the layout and loaded with heavy structures.
- The area of the bathroom cannot be "cut" in favor of the kitchen, or, conversely, increased through the use of living space.
- The new redevelopment of housing should have access to all types of communications.
- It is strictly not allowed to change the location of the gas boiler and risers. This also applies to ventilation in the kitchen, the preservation of its integrity is imperative.
- All structures of the heating system are not taken out of the living area, therefore they are not installed on the balcony and loggia.
- Redevelopment is not allowed if the one-room apartment is in disrepair. This is due to the fact that even with the slightest incorrect changes in the design, the stability of structures can be violated.
Before you start changing the appearance of housing, you need to think carefully about all the planning stages, exclude items prohibited by law from them, otherwise the owners of the "new" housing will have to pay a lot of fines and return the apartment to its original appearance. As a rule, it is allowed to include the following points in a redevelopment project:
- Combining a loggia with a room, but on condition that the non-residential premises were previously glazed and insulated.
- Decoration of a doorway in load-bearing structures.
- Installation of plasterboard partitions.
- Move gas pipes and metering devices, if permission has been received from Gorgaz for this.
- Rearrange the plumbing within the bathroom.
- Replace the floor covering.
When changing the layout in a one-room apartment, one should also not forget about the design decoration, since simply rearranging the walls and adding a doorway will not be enough. For the installation of partitions, it is recommended to use drywall, it is inexpensive, quickly attached and dismantled. In addition, this building material is characterized by fire resistance, and after working with it, little debris remains.You can also lay out the walls of bricks, they, unlike drywall, have better sound insulation and can withstand large shelves and hangers.
It is recommended to additionally emphasize the boundaries of all zones in the room with different colors in the flooring, ceiling and textured wall decoration. Such a difference in levels will clearly distinguish the kitchen and study from the living space.
How to develop and legalize a project?
Any redevelopment of housing begins with the creation of a project that would fully comply with all technical and regulatory requirements, as well as have been tested and become legalized. This documentation prescribes all the changes that will be made to the original layout of the apartment. As a rule, with the design of housing, in parallel, they prepare a technical opinion on the possibility of performing construction work.
Traditionally, a project is developed over several days and its main components are:
- Cover and title page. They reflect the number and date of production of the document, as well as the name of the company performing the work. In addition, the signatures of all responsible employees for the reconstruction of the apartment are affixed.
- General data page. It includes a list of all documents and drawings, as well as BTI plans, building characteristics, various photographic materials.
- An explanatory note that lists the work to be done and the precautions to be taken.
- Old plan of a one-room apartment. In it you can see the area of rooms, the location of communication systems and plumbing fixtures. A mandatory indicator in the plan is the presence of axes.
- Dismantling plan with a new layout. This is the so-called "interim" document, which shows housing schemes before and after the changes. All objects that are subject to demolition in the drawings are highlighted in red. This also applies to displaced partitions, kitchen stoves, doorways. What is planned to be installed in a new way is marked in green.
- Final plan. It provides information on how the apartment will look after redevelopment. In this document, the location of gas water heaters, boilers, electric and gas stoves, as well as the thickness of the walls and the material from which the new partitions are made, must be prescribed.
- Floor plan. Soundproofing must be carried out in living rooms, and waterproofing in the bathroom and toilet. This plan is necessarily accompanied by an act of hidden works.
- Waterproofing schemes. They are especially important when expanding or relocating toilets and bathrooms.
- Sewerage and water supply drawings. They consist of plans for the distribution of pipes for supplying cold and hot water, as well as the location of all engineering equipment.
- Load-bearing structure diagram.
- Plan of the location of the house in the city.
- Author's supervision and admission to redevelopment.
- Contract agreement and photomontage.
All documentation on the new layout of a one-room apartment can be ordered from a specialized company, which has all the certificates and authority for this. Professional employees of the company will carry out accurate calculations, draw up the necessary schemes and a plan. After the redevelopment in the form of text and graphic explanations has been prepared, the project needs to be legalized. For this, the relevant authorities check the ventilation, heating, sewerage and heating systems, and also make a conclusion about the possibility of performing the work.
Depending on what the restructuring will include, additional documents may be needed, for example, when demolishing the window sill in an apartment and installing new double-glazed windows, the authorized bodies will require a lighting calculation, and when installing partitions, a heat engineering calculation will be needed.
We make a two-room
Every owner of a one-room apartment wants to improve their living conditions, especially if teenagers and children live in the house. Today there are various options to make multifunctional zones out of a small "odnushka". For example, it can be rescheduled into a "kopeck piece". To make two rooms, just use partitions made of glass blocks, bricks, or make zoning with furniture.
Traditionally, one-room apartments are irregular or rectangular in shape, so it is difficult to divide them proportionally. If you divide the room along, then you can get two narrow rooms in which there will be little space, and the arrangement of furniture will be problematic. As a rule, a bedroom and a living room can be made from one room, this is the most popular planning method. Correctly, such a rework can be done as follows:
Install a plasterboard partition. As a result, one of the rooms will turn out to be deaf without natural light. It is suitable for furnishing a bedroom, and the lack of sunlight can be compensated for by artificial light sources. The best option would be to place spotlights, floor lamps and sconces here
Delineate the space with glass blocks. This will allow not only to have two functional areas in the apartment, but also to preserve natural light. In addition, the material is considered durable, therefore, when redeveloping housing, designers recommend using it as partitions
Perform furniture zoning. This type of layout is considered decorative, since it will not be possible to achieve the full effect of sound and heat insulation in two rooms
If in a one-room apartment the ceiling height exceeds 2.5 meters, then an interesting solution would be to make a second floor, which is well suited for arranging a nursery. At the same time, in this case, it is recommended to build a staircase from pedestal steps, books, toys and other items will be rationally placed in them.
Visual zoning, designed by using different types of wallpaper and curtains, also looks good in such housing. The two parts of the room will be separated by a color scheme, most often such an interesting idea is chosen for families in which children of different sexes live. I.e first, a separate room is created, and then a design redevelopment is performed inside it.
We create a three-room
A small one-room apartment can also be converted into a dwelling consisting of three functional areas. For new redevelopment, as a rule, demolition of the kitchen wall is used. Thanks to this, the room will become square in shape and will open up huge design possibilities. In this case, you can also apply the angular version of the placement of rooms.
First, you need to carefully think over all the nuances of the arrangement, draw up a detailed plan and carry out repairs.
One-room "treshka" will consist of a living room, a bedroom and a nursery. In this case, the living room will become the central room in the apartment, it will connect all rooms, including the kitchen. In order to give the space lightness, it is not recommended to include doors in the project. Partition walls are best done not for the entire height of the room, but only raised by 1.4 meters. It is necessary to install a shower cabin in the bathroom, and place a transforming table in the kitchen.
It is best to divide the room with drywall partitions. To save living space, a good option would be to combine the kitchen with the living room. The bedroom, of course, will turn out to be small, but it can be comfortably decorated, and it will serve as a great place to sleep.
It is good to place additional space for a workplace and recreation areas on the balcony.
Turning into a studio
Recently, studio apartments have been very popular; they are a modern type of housing in which partitions between rooms are made using racks, shelves and light screens.A low plasterboard wall will not only divide the room in an original way, but also make it cozy. At the same time, it is good to separate the living room area and the cooking place with a decorative arch. Such redevelopment should also consist of floor zoning: in the kitchen you can lay ceramic tiles, and in the living room laminate or parquet.
Thus, by installing a partition in a one-room apartment, you will get a stylish studio consisting of a guest room, a kitchen and a bedroom. All rooms will become squares. A guest space is best placed near a window and filled with basic items such as a wardrobe, table, sofa, armchair, and TV.
It is recommended to decorate the walls with racks and shelves on which various decorative items will be stored.
As for the kitchen, examples of design with a bar are often used for its decoration. It should be noted that this design is suitable for apartments with an area of at least 40 sq. m. If the room does not have enough space for its installation, then you can simply install a false ceiling with lighting and beautifully arrange household appliances, cupboards and a stove.
A bedroom in a studio is not considered a separate room, it is a comfortable place to sleep, distant by a screen or light partition. For a bed in this area, you can create a special podium.
It is not recommended to use massive furniture in the studio, since this type of housing is characterized by freedom of space.
Interesting design ideas
Redevelopment of a one-room apartment is especially relevant if the housing is located in a panel house, here the living area is small and not very functional, this also applies to "Brezhnevka" and "Stalinka". To make living conditions better and more comfortable for a family, many different ways can be applied, the most interesting of them:
Decorate a studio apartment. The end result is a lot of free space, storage space for clothes, a separate toilet, a dining area and a kitchen area. If the studio is small, then it is recommended to make only one partition in its layout, which will separate the bathroom. In the kitchen area, you can install a U-shaped countertop and combine it with the walls and window sill. In the design of the guest room, it is good to use a coffee table, a small sofa, a TV and shelves for books
Make a "romantic" apartment for lovers… It will include a chic hall, bedroom and work area. To make such a project a reality, you need to dismantle all the interior walls, and equip a desk next to the place for cooking. A closet will be compactly located near the front door, a kitchen countertop will be combined with a window sill, and a washing machine, a jacuzzi and a washbasin will be located in the toilet. There are no clear boundaries between the kitchen and the living room; a smooth transition from one room to another can be decorated with furniture
For an overview of the redevelopment of a one-room apartment into a two-room apartment, see the following video.