One-room apartment with an area of 35 sq. m is considered a small dwelling, but using various design ideas, its space can be visually enlarged.
Correct zoning of the room and arrangement of furniture will help to create a comfortable bedroom and living room in the apartment, and the original type of decoration, dismantling of unnecessary partitions and the use of various decor items will turn the little "odnushka" into a beautiful and multifunctional corner for life.
In order to stylishly equip the square meters of such a one-room apartment, you must first draw up a design project, think over all the planning details and carry out high-quality repairs.
How to equip?
At first glance, it will seem like a simple task to design a 1-room apartment with an area of 35 m2. In fact, this is not the case. In a small home, you will have to combine functionality with style as much as possible.
So that the shortage of space does not in any way affect the living conditions, it is necessary to correctly develop the design and divide the apartment into different sectors, while maintaining the comfort and beauty of the premises.
The following recommendations of designers will help to achieve effective results in arranging such housing:
- Choose minimalism in everything … First of all, this applies to furniture. The right choice for a "odnushka" will be transformer structures, they are easy to use, practical and take up a minimum of space. Large wardrobes should be replaced with a sliding wardrobe with glass doors.
- Make rooms feel light and airiness. Mirrors can easily cope with the task.
- Perform zoning … For a "conditional" partition between the bedroom, kitchen and living room, you can use shelving, drywall or fabric curtains. The division of the territory with the help of different colors of the walls or flooring also looks original.
- Think over the lighting … In a one-room apartment, you can install both separate lighting in each zone, and use spotlights. Because even the brightest lamp will not be able to evenly scatter light over all areas of 35 square meters. m.
- Combine the functions of different items in one element of the interior. For example, a windowsill can serve as an excellent bar counter. It will look stylish indoors without taking up a single square meter. If the window sill is large, then it can also be used to make a comfortable workplace.
- Play with color palette … Light shades will help to visually expand the space, so pastel and beige tones should prevail in a one-room apartment. As for dark colors, it is advisable to use them in moderation. For example, they are suitable for finishing floors and skirting boards. Bright colors are also welcome in the interior, with the help of contrasting accessories such as pillows and colored curtains, you can favorably emphasize the overall design of the home.
- If possible, install a sleeping place under the ceiling … This option will seem not only interesting, but also unusual. Thanks to such space savings, it will be possible to additionally equip a workplace with a computer desk and shelves in the room.
- Give preference to folding and sliding door models … They will not only give the room a stylish look, but also will not "steal" the already missing square meters.
- Rid the apartment of unnecessary things … Do not overload the room with bulky items and small rubbish.
- Decorate windows with translucent fabrics … It is not recommended to hang voluminous lambrequins and heavy curtains; it is allowed to use horizontal blinds.
- Functionally equip a loggia and a balcony … Often the layout of one-room apartments with an area of 35 m2 includes a spacious balcony. From it you can make not only a working area, but also a good place to relax or a playroom for children. In addition, a spacious pantry can be installed on the balcony, which will allow you to store a lot of things.
In addition, in apartments with such an area, special partitions can be used to divide the space into separate sections. The combination of finishing materials also looks original in modern design, for example, one area can be covered with laminate or parquet, and the other can be covered with carpet.
False ceilings deserve special attention in the distribution of the area; they beautifully emphasize the center of the room.
In order for all plots to be proportional in the apartment, designers recommend installing podiums.
You shouldn't be upset right away if you get a one-room apartment with an area of 35 sq. m. Of course, such an area leaves much to be desired, but if you design the premises correctly, the result will be a great place not only for living, but also for meeting guests.
Traditionally, in such an apartment, you can equip one full-fledged room for the owners and additionally make a small living room with access to the balcony.
So that the integrity of the space is not violated in the housing, and the design turns out to be original, the design of the rooms must be done as follows.
As you know, this room is assigned the role of not only a place for cooking, but also a small recreation area where you can gather with friends. If the project of an apartment allows you to make a niche in the kitchen, then the problem of accommodating guests will be quickly resolved … A soft sofa with a folding system can be placed in a niche, in addition, it will also serve as an additional berth.
As for the dining area, due to the lack of space, every centimeter of it should be used as much as possible.
To do this, it is recommended to hang cabinets on the walls, and choose a small table with the possibility of transformation.
Kitchen decoration is most often done with ceramic tiles. It is advisable to select a material with a glossy surface. The combination of red and white looks beautiful … In addition, such a color scheme will harmoniously support the overall style of the apartment. In the event that the kitchen has a balcony, it must be glazed and made a continuation of the living room.
It is not recommended to put partitions in such a room, they will not only "take away" the area, but they will also look ridiculous. You can perform zoning in the kitchen using a bar counter, it will serve as a replacement for an ordinary table and divide the space into a resting place and a dining area.
A good option is also considered to use a folding table.… Its small structure can turn into a spacious table for meeting guests at any time.
To get a full-fledged sleeping area in this room, you need to make the partition a wardrobe or a screen. In addition, 35 sq. m will not allow you to place a large bed in the room, so you will have to be content with a sofa. You can sacrifice space and make the bedroom a separate room, providing yourself with a complete rest from the hustle and bustle.
With this design, a large bed is placed in the center of the room with tables on both sides.
The walls are decorated in gray or beige and must be used in the decoration of sconces.
We must also not forget about the use of a wardrobe. Such furniture will serve as a good place to store things, and mirrors on the doors will increase the space. To fill the bedroom with some kind of romanticism, a simple setting can be diluted with the presence of red curtains.
As for other pieces of furniture, then it is undesirable to force the room with large armchairs, it is better to replace them with soft ottomans … The finishing touch to the design will be the installation of the TV, it should be hung in such a way that you can view it from the living room or kitchen.
It is difficult to equip a full-fledged work area in a one-room apartment, but if you try hard, you can select a small corner where it will be comfortable to work. For instance, the window sill can easily replace any desk … Drawers and shelves for office supplies and papers will be compactly placed under it. The only thing that is needed is to foresee the placement of the outlet.
A good option in this situation will be zoning in the form of wall decoration, the working area must be decorated in such a way that it acts as a separate place in the room, but at the same time does not stand out too sharply against the general background.
Families with children often have to live in one-room apartments. Therefore, when designing the design of such housing, it is important to take care of the availability of a separate place for the child, where he could comfortably study and play. For maximum convenience, the children's area, as a rule, is made in the brightest and sunniest part of the room.
In addition to games and activities, the baby should also have a good sleeping place. The solution to save space will be the purchase of modular designs, which include a table, wardrobe and bed.
Children usually love wallpapers with cartoon characters, so it is worth considering the wishes of the child and choosing the appropriate canvases for decorating the walls. Such wallpaper should be combined with the general interior of the room and not stand out from it.
An excellent alternative to wallpaper is wall decoration with appliques.… If you choose the right theme, you get an interesting room with an original children's corner.
For a 1-room apartment with an area of 35 m2, the bathroom is best made combined. This will help save space, especially since such a redevelopment will in no way affect comfort.
Instead of a bathroom, you need to install a stylish and spacious shower in the room.… And the won centimeters will comfortably accommodate a washstand and a washing machine.
To decorate the walls in the bathroom, you should use glossy white tiles, which will harmoniously combine compositions made in blue, red or black colors.
Learn more about how to create a beautiful design for a one-room apartment with an area of 35 sq. m, you will learn from the following video.