The space in which we live is not always cozy and has an excellent aesthetic appearance. In this regard, being at home is often not comfortable. However, creating the right atmosphere is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance. A beautiful, cozy design of an apartment often does not require colossal repair costs and the call of professional designers.
Features of the
A distinctive feature of creating a beautiful interior composition for any room in an apartment is a careful approach to renovation. The presence of a project in the form of a sketch is required, whether it is finishing economy class space, renovating an apartment in a panel house like "stalinka" or "brezhnevka" or creating a special design for a new building.
The sketch is necessary in order to take into account the wishes of all family members, because most of the renovation will affect the common rooms (living room, kitchen, bathroom and toilet), and will also help create space for everyone, taking into account the taste preferences and interests of the residents.
The design solution for the future environment will competently and tastefully create an atmosphere of home comfort.
The main features of creating a beautiful apartment interior include:
- a deliberate choice of design style, taking into account the interests of everyone;
- compliance with safety rules, expressed in the use of ecological raw materials;
- thinking through design solutions for zoning space;
- layout taking into account the correction of the flaws in the design of rooms with a broken perspective;
- taking into account the needs of households, based on the age and habits of each;
- a sufficient level of illumination of each room, taking into account its purpose, the use of "correct" light sources that do not irritate the retina;
- the correct ratio of furniture to the parameters of a specific area;
- a harmonious choice of color shades inherent in a particular style, setting the household to a positive;
- a reasonable approach to the cost of finishing materials, allowing you to carry out repairs, taking into account the planned budget.
When creating a beautiful design, it is not at all necessary to acquire pretentious furniture, filling all the free space with it. Basic furnishings and a few accessories are enough to create a cozy atmosphere that allows you to enjoy it aesthetically. To make the rooms seem more spacious, you need to limit the number of small non-functional details by adding a couple of cozy things to the interior that can instantly transform the space: carpet, sofa capes, euro covers for upholstered furniture, fresh flowers.
If there is not enough space, you can hang a small picture on the wall. Oona will not take up space, but at the same time it will emphasize the uniqueness of the environment.
It is important to take into account that design techniques are subject to the footage of specific apartments, every centimeter of usable area matters. Therefore, the design projects of rooms 38 and 45 sq. m, 20 and 30 "squares" will be different. In addition, an important factor is the number of residents in a given apartment, because everyone should be comfortable in it. You should consider approximate planning solutions based on apartments of different sizes.
It is generally accepted that it is impossible to beautifully equip a one-room small apartment. Having one room measuring 17-18 sq. m, this is not easy to do, but given that there is also a kitchen, bathroom, toilet, the footage reaches 25 sq.m, or even all 33-36 square meters, and this already gives more opportunities for design. Of course, there is no place for a full-fledged study or home library, but there are many opportunities for creating a harmonious interior of a common cozy room for everyone.
In order for everyone to have their own small space, you first need to free it, then tackle the intricacies of visual enlargement.
It is worth taking note of a few nuances:
- Think carefully about the style. With a minimum of space, Arabic themes or baroque are unacceptable, it is better to choose modern trends, such as minimalism or hi-tech (the fewer things, the more space);
- Get rid of bulky furniture. It is better to choose transformer products, built-in wardrobes, folding table designs - the furniture should be strictly practical, compact, functional and comfortable;
- Eliminate bulky chairs and large accessories (massive table lamps, flower pots, vases, voluminous coffee tables);
- Make the most of your space. If you have a closet or niche, remove all the little things to add a sense of spaciousness to the room. Hide bed linens for the day in the linen drawers of the pull-out couch;
- Fill the rooms with lightusing light shades of the color palette in wall and floor cladding, on curtains, textiles, furniture upholstery;
- Consider lighting composition, with which you can designate individual functional areas of space. Use mirrors;
- Maintain order. Scattered things spoil any atmosphere and deprive the atmosphere of coziness, so put everything unnecessary on the hanging shelves.
In a two-room apartment, the design possibilities are doubled. Based on the footage of each room, a room with a smaller area is set aside for a nursery or a bedroom, and a more spacious room is a guest, often working space. If you plan to combine one of the rooms with the kitchen, the design possibilities increase, but the demolition of the load-bearing walls is not always acceptable.
Based on the classic methods of creating coziness, it is possible to use several tips:
- The combination of facing materials, by means of which it is possible to accentuate the necessary places of the planes, giving the space spaciousness, is actual;
- If you have a loggia or a glazed balcony, you can create a small work area, a relaxation area, a place for yoga or other exercises;
- If the family is large, the bedroom can be divided into two parts: for parents and children, delimiting the space with a wardrobe. If there are no children, then a small work area should be located in the bedroom where you can spend time without being distracted by household chores;
- You can add space to any room, especially the room located on the north side, through light spots. You need curtains in light shades of the color palette, whether it be a bachelor's dwelling or a family of three;
- Two rooms are not enough for a pompous style. Eliminate massive furniture and heavy curtains from the interior. Design elements should be compact, made of lightweight materials without weighting decor.
It is even easier to make the interior of a 3-room apartment beautiful and homelike. In such premises, each family member is allowed to equip his own corner in accordance with habits and interests. If the rooms are spacious, there are no restrictions on the choice of style. Loft, Chinese, Arabian, Rococo, Empire, Retro, Bionic or other styles can be chosen. However, eclecticism must be appropriate. It is unacceptable to combine radical styles with different moods in three rooms (for example, Gothic, African design and loft). Often, design projects involve a combination of a living room and a kitchen, an entrance hall and a hall (studio), a variety of arched openings, and original partitions. It is appropriate here:
- the use of facing materials of different composition in one room;
- finishing of the vertical plane with a transition to the ceiling;
- multilevel ceiling, original compositional light combinations;
- accentuating the uniqueness of style through partitions, screens, glass structures, arches and columns;
- changing the color palette of wall decoration in each room, transferring different temperatures, taking into account the preferences of each household;
- selection of special accessories for decorating each part of the space, a large number of design elements are allowed;
- depending on the style and size of the rooms, it is permissible to use heavy materials, long-pile carpets, massive furniture;
- the use of deliberately rough elements in the decoration of premises (unplastered walls, brown and gray colors, abstract paintings, concrete surfaces).
If the space of the apartment is sufficient and reaches 60-90 sq. m, you can create a unique atmosphere in it. The main thing is not to overload the interior with a variety of different styles.
Otherwise, the rules are about the same as those used when planning the interior of a three-room apartment:
- compositions with panoramic windows, open floor plans, unusual accessories and eclectic furnishings are welcome;
- one room is reserved for the guest area, complemented by an audio and video system with acoustics. Delimit the space with different wall finishes (for example, highlighting the area for the sofa);
- for children, you can equip two rooms: a bedroom and a playroom, placing in one bed, wardrobes for undershirts and baby clothes, in the other to equip a place for outdoor activities;
- you can set aside a separate room for a study, combined with a home library;
- if space is needed, you can increase the kitchen space by combining it with an adjoining room, creating a spacious dining room.
This method involves dividing the space of the room into separate functional zones, while there are no clear boundaries.
The distinction, which allows you to create small or spacious corners for different activities of each household, is carried out in three ways:
Using various finishing materials with the highlighting of walls with different colors and compositions of facing (for example, a mix of wallpaper and laminate, a combination of brickwork and unplastered walls, composition in the form of panels, exhibitions, patchwork technique from individual fragments of facing)
- The use of different light sources, different in design, degree of illumination, direction of light flux, its temperature, purpose (children, work and relaxation varieties bring a special mood and give the zone the right atmosphere);
- Involvement of the design features of rooms (niches, ledges, partial partitions, podium, bay window) or existing furniture (cabinet, table, bar counter, rack or multi-tiered shelf).
The decoration of the apartment is carried out in several directions and can be wall, ceiling, floor, decorative. Her choice depends on the financial capabilities, the characteristics of the chosen style. Each category has its own materials, the choice of which on the construction market is presented in a wide range.
Wall cladding is a key element in the decoration of an apartment. Even without a picture, differing in relief texture, it can show the status of the design, add notes of warmth and comfort.
Some of the most popular types of finishing materials that adorn vertical surfaces include:
- Wall panels;
- decorative plaster.
In each category there are both standard cheap and premium options for budget decoration of rooms or renovation. Their uniqueness lies in the ability to decorate not only walls, but also ceilings, which makes it possible to embody the most daring, interesting and unusual ideas in design.
- Painting is easier than other cladding methods.
- Wallpaper strengthens the walls and, depending on the thickness of the material, serves as soundproofing, easy to stick.
- The tile is appropriate for finishing kitchen aprons.
- Brick and plaster are ideal for creative design ideas.
- Laminate is easy to install, does not need to level the surface, and ready-made panels can quickly sheathe the walls, giving them a beautiful appearance.
Thanks to the wide selection of floor cladding on the construction market, you can decorate the floor with different materials, which will provide heat and sound insulation.
The most popular types of raw materials for flooring in apartments are:
- linoleum tiles;
- parquet board;
- self-leveling floor;
- porcelain stoneware.
Design solutions allow the combination of materials with each other. This is convenient and allows you to make a profitable and practical floor covering with different performance characteristics and different levels of abrasion resistance. Most of the materials are easy to install. They are fireproof, have anti-slip and antibacterial impregnation, are easy to clean with detergents, are resistant to heavy weight loads and are designed for high traffic areas.
In addition, they have a variety of designs, especially if we take as a basis such varieties as 3D epoxy self-leveling floors or textured surfaces with different effects.
The design of the ceiling depends on the footage of a particular room and the height of the walls. The less these indicators are, the simpler the decor should be. In "odnushki", where there is very little space, the only possible way to decorate the ceiling area is to install a stretch ceiling. It is undesirable to be decorated with a volumetric central lamp. If a studio apartment is chosen, or the housing is stylized as a loft, and the room is spacious, the situation is different. Various elements that simulate communications (beams, pipes, wires) are welcome.
Decorations of the ceiling area look good in the children's room: a painted picture, a light composition from different lamps or a multi-level effect in which the ceiling has an unusual pattern formed by relief and different levels of height. Each of these levels is accentuated by spotlights to complement the central lighting.
In a spacious dining room, the ceiling can have various partitions-beams, through which it visually divides the room into a dining area and a cooking area.
Decorating the space of an apartment is a unique design technique that allows you to add coziness and harmony to the atmosphere. There is no need to litter the space with an abundance of original things, even if there are many rooms in the apartment. The uniqueness of the design lies in the fact that, regardless of style, you can simply and tastefully furnish any interior. The rule is quite simple: the less contrasting details, the brighter the accent.
The role of room decor can be:
- wall decoration (wallpaper or other cladding);
- decorative panel, author's picture, framed photographs;
- live greens and flowers in vases;
- pile carpet with a soft texture;
- cladding of furniture facades with "self-adhesive";
- curtain textiles, soft plaid;
- exotic figurines;
- original decorative cushions and poufs;
- beautiful mirror frames, moldings, panels;
- various models of lamps in a given style.
When choosing the right item, it is important to take into account gender, age and marital status. What a young man can afford when equipping the design of a bachelor apartment is unacceptable for decorating the space of a family with a child.
One of the types of decor is the color of the interior. Often it is he who "speaks" about temperament, indicates gender (male or female), sets the right tone for the chosen style, adjusts to the desired atmosphere, can be bright or universal (for example, in beige tones).
The choice of color scheme depends on the preferences of households and their age. For a beautiful, and most importantly, cozy interior, do not use gloomy tones, even if the apartment is really large. In this case, bright, but muted shades are appropriate, among which coral, mint, and turquoise colors are especially popular today. For one-room, two-room apartments, in which there is little space, it is worth using light and delicate shades, which include white, golden, sunny yellow, cream, light pink, pale blue, as well as embossed wall decoration.
Avoid monochrome and dark colors: they make any interior heavier, creating a feeling of limitation and hopelessness.
One of the fashion trends is the use of natural tones in design (beige, taupe, and fresh greens). Supported by bright contrasts and softened with light shades, such tones increase the space, fill the room with air. To achieve harmony, it is better to combine light tones of wall coverings with bright touches of decor (for example, carpet pattern, shades of decorative pillows, floor lamps, lamp trims, picture frames).
The use of drawings in the preparation of design projects plays an important role. Often, this is how you can define the style of design, understand its idea, and visually add space to a small room.
The most interesting design techniques through which you can create a beautiful and cozy design are:
- wall cladding colors (simple and photo wallpaper, laminate, tiles, panels);
- the texture of the floor covering;
- prints of pastel linen, decorative pillows, poufs, blankets;
- decorative patterns of lighting fixtures;
- art painting and abstraction;
- ornaments of carpets;
- furniture upholstery, photo printing and carved patterns on table tops.
The most interesting and successful prints used to create a harmonious and beautiful design include:
- floral, plant motifs and branches;
- imitation of rough surfaces (board and brick cladding);
- ethnic ornaments and all kinds of stylizations;
- marble stains;
- geometric figures;
- monograms, lace sketches and leaves.
To avoid mistakes, trying to create an atmosphere of home comfort, you can take into account several useful recommendations:
- regardless of the footage and number of rooms, there should be enough light. Ideally, it should be close to natural daytime;
- correlate the parameters of the furniture and the usable area. In small-sized rooms, it is more advisable to install a folding or corner sofa of a small size;
- if there are asymmetric niches and ledges in the room, do not hide, but emphasize them by facing the facade. So you will turn disadvantages into advantages of space, giving it individuality;
- avoid combinations of exclusively monochrome colors, because black and white design is devoid of comfort. He is good in the office, but out of place in the family home;
- large pieces of furniture look harmonious in an open-plan interior. If there is a lack of space, the best solution would be to buy modular furniture with the required number of separate modules;
- do not mix different styles of space design in a one-room apartment. Not all of them allow mixing dissimilar elements with each other, as such changes can quickly get bored.
Beautiful ideas and good options
To understand in more detail how to equip the interior of an apartment, you should refer to real examples of the best designers from the photo gallery.
You can turn a room into a bedroom-living room with a kitchen area using a small partition, complementing the interior of the sleeping space with mirrors and carpeting, decorating the guest area with a corner sofa and adding individual lighting to each functional area
To zone a small space of an ordinary room, you need a podium. A fluffy mattress, several decorative pillows and cube accents in the same color as the pillows will create an indescribable atmosphere of home comfort
- A small kitchen can be played up with an Italian kitchen set, placing the complete set along a narrow wall and partly two adjacent ones. If there is not enough space in the room, it is worth equipping the dining area in another room. You can also use the empty corner of the remaining wall.
- You can delimit the space of the room with a rack and a sofa at the same time, dividing the sleeping and guest areas with them, while for greater contrast, you can use different models of lamps and carpets, not forgetting to combine the details of the furnishings with the same decor form and similar shades of the color palette.
If you are planning to do repairs yourself, you will certainly need tips that reveal the secrets of quality repairs.