Many tenants are thinking about how to arrange a small room to make it cozy and comfortable. This is especially true for small apartments, in which one room can be only 10 sq. m. The article will discuss how to properly design a small bedroom to make it more functional and comfortable. In addition, you will find expert advice on how to choose the right colors for a small room, and what furniture is best to look out for.
Since a room of 10 square meters will be considered as a decoration for a small room, it is very important to note that its arrangement and repair can be quite painstaking, requiring special attention.
Today one of the most profitable modern solutions is finishing of walls and ceilings with plasterboard. With the help of this material, you can bring to life a wide variety of designs with all kinds of internal arches and shelves. Plasterboard ceiling can be equipped with various types of recessed light bulbs, with which you can arrange the most unusual lighting.
Wallpaper for a small bedroom can be chosen in any color, however, very bright and abundant drawings are not recommended. In this case, it is better to pay attention to wallpapers with unobtrusive images or even plain colors. Consider the following regarding wallpaper:
- choose options with horizontal patterns and images for a small and narrow bedroom, but with high ceilings;
- various ornaments can visually expand the room, but only if the wallpaper is in light, pastel and nude shades;
- a very difficult experiment with alternating strips of wallpaper can also visually enlarge the room;
- one wall in a small bedroom can be favorably supplemented with luxurious photo wallpaper with a pattern of your choice.
The floor covering can be very different. For bedrooms, it is best to choose laminate, parquet or carpet. If the walls in the room are light, then don't forget to contrast the floor and choose something dark and vice versa.
All furniture should be favorably combined and in harmony with the walls and flooring, so attention should be paid to each finishing material.
In any small room, it is best to purchase compact furniture that can be easily folded and unfolded. In addition, it is very important to plan in advance what kind of furniture you want to purchase and take all measurements. You should not purchase dimensional cabinets and cabinets that will clutter up the space:
Bed. As a bed, you can purchase a classic model or a sofa bed, which saves space in the room. In a small bedroom, there is usually not much room for variety, so the bed should be installed with the headboard against the wall as standard
You should choose such models of sleeping places where there are additional places and storage boxes under them or in them.
Podium… Many designers are trying to diversify the interior of small rooms by placing a special decorative podium in them. It can accommodate a regular bed or a transforming bed. A feature of the podium is also the fact that often only one mattress is placed on it, and not the whole structure of the bed. This design will look fresh and modern.And if you want something as special as possible, then be sure to take a closer look at the options when the podium serves as a place for a retractable and retractable bed structure. You can decorate the podium in a variety of styles
Also in a small room you can place small bedside bedside tables and dressing table. A floor mirror will not be superfluous. If in the same room you want to install a small table for working with a laptop or computer, pay attention to the corner models or those that are attached to the wall. The best option for purchasing would be glass tables, which may well organize a work area in a small bedroom
As for the cabinet, it should be as compact as possible, very often for small rooms, when there is absolutely not enough space in them to place furniture, decorative hangers are chosen.
Storage and accessories
It is best to store things compactly and correctly in sliding and rectangular wardrobes, which always save space. For a small bedroom, it is best to choose models with mirrors: despite the fact that the surface will require regular maintenance, such furniture will be very functional.
To make the room comfortable and pleasant to return to, it is very important not to forget about its design. with the help of various accessories and decorative elements:
- even in the smallest room, it is very important to choose the right textiles. Do not forget to choose beautiful curtains and bedding to match the color of the walls and floor. Miniature decorative pillows, which can be favorably marked on a sleeping place, will look very good;
- try not to hang an abundant amount of photo frames and avoid massive paintings. For a small room, it is better to use such items to a minimum;
- vases with flowers or figurines can be placed in the corners of the room, the window sills are best left intact, but if you are a big fan of flowers, then why not;
- books, magazines and miscellaneous stationery should be placed in the work area or in a small locker. It is not uncommon when such items are placed in wall niches.
To visually enlarge the space, try the following techniques:
When choosing a flooring, look for a laminate with diagonal stripes, which can slightly optically increase the space in the room
- If you want to place a podium in your bedroom, then be sure to take a closer look at the options for decorating a bed with a luxurious and airy canopy.
- It is better to purchase sliding wardrobes that will take up all the space from floor to ceiling. If the place catastrophically does not allow you to place a full-fledged closet, then pay attention to small cabinets with shelves, where at least you can store the bulk of your things.
- Bedside tables are best placed next to the bed to save space as much as possible.
If you are not sure that you can independently develop the design of a small room, we recommend that you seek help from specialists. If you want to create on your own, try to study as much as possible the design projects for this type of room.
It is important not to forget that lighting plays a huge role in visually increasing the space, so it simply cannot be ignored. Even in a small room, you can easily use several light sources, for example, to slightly separate certain areas in the room.
Pay attention to the following nuances:
spotlights will look great on the false ceiling, which can be supplemented with a full-fledged chandelier in the center of the room. Also, spot lighting is ideal for shelves built into the wall
be sure to pay attention to the recessed luminaire models, which are also great for placement in small rooms
if you need to functionally separate any area, for example, for working with a computer or the one where the dressing table is located, use separate lighting for this
The main thing to remember is that a bright room always seems more spacious and comfortable. As for the main lighting, it is recommended to choose modern dimmable chandeliers.
For information on how you can successfully decorate an apartment of 10 square meters, see the next video.