"Khrushchevs" are called apartments in multi-apartment panel and brick houses, which began to be built during the reign of NS Khrushchev. Construction covers the period from the late 50s to the 80s of the last century. Then it was assumed that this would be temporary housing for citizens moving from rural areas to large metropolitan areas.
In many cities of our country, there are still such houses with small apartments. The main disadvantage of such housing is a small area. When it is not possible to change housing to a more modern one, the residents of the "Khrushchev" buildings, with the help of redevelopment and repairs, try to visually enlarge the space. All the nuances of such changes will be discussed in this article.
Features of the
Khrushchevs differ from other dwellings by their small size. The layouts of such apartments are different, but there are general details:
- ceiling height about 2.5 m, sometimes 2.7 m;
- small kitchen area;
- narrow corridors;
- the presence of small built-in wardrobes and mezzanines;
- walk-through rooms;
- poor noise insulation (in panel houses it is worse than in brick houses).
In a redesigned apartment, they try to take into account and minimize all these shortcomings. Here are the basic ideas for turning a regular standard Khrushchev into beautiful, spacious and functional housing:
- Combining the bathroom and toilet will help to visually increase the space and successfully accommodate the necessary items (washing machine, household utensils).
- Moving doorways to get away from walk-throughs.
- Demolishing curtain walls and erecting lightweight zoning structures will add bulk to a small space.
- Combining a balcony with a room is sometimes very appropriate.
Interior designers often use a technique such as zoning. Its essence is to separate one functional area from another in one common space using various techniques: light and color accents, pieces of furniture or decoration (floor, walls, ceiling). The most common cases when zoning is necessary:
The kitchen is combined with the living room. The recreation area is separated from the food preparation area by a bar counter that can function as a dining table. Or they use different materials or different shades of flooring and walls
The corner apartment has a room with two windows. Such a room can be successfully divided into two using plasterboard partitions, screens or racks
Two adjacent rooms are combined (room-room, room-storage room, room-balcony). No matter how absurd it may sound, but when combining two adjacent rooms in the Khrushchev, they want to preserve their functional purpose. In such cases, a podium is often used
Before choosing a beautiful picture with a new layout, it is better to read and listen to reviews on various construction forums: sometimes changes can be difficult to implement, and the considerable age of Khrushchev's houses can impose additional costs on repairs. The choice of a designer is also best done on the basis of reputation.
It is worth mentioning that not all changes to the space of your apartment are permissible in an apartment building:
- it is forbidden to increase the area of the kitchen or bathroom at the expense of residential square meters by more than 25%;
- you cannot combine the kitchen with another room using an arch if the stove is gas (but this action is not prohibited in the case of an electric stove);
- interventions in supporting structures (walls, partitions), as well as their removal, are unacceptable;
- any changes in the diagrams of general engineering communications are prohibited;
- you cannot transfer the kitchen to the living room;
- it is unacceptable to equip a bathroom in areas where the neighbors below are living quarters; the exception is two-story apartments, in which your living room can be located under a bathroom;
- it is forbidden to transfer central heating batteries to balconies and loggias, even if they are glazed and insulated;
- the use of attic premises as residential is excluded.
In addition to the above points, it is worth remembering that any redevelopment should not worsen the previous living conditions.
How and where to agree
Before studying the procedure for legalizing redevelopment, it is worth deciding which changes in your home need to be registered and which not.
Redecoration, replacement of old windows and doors with new ones, addition of podiums and built-in wardrobes do not need to be registered with special services.
And here all actions that, after repair, will entail changes in the configuration of the space (increase and / or decrease in the number and footage of rooms, arrangement of additional premises, transfer of doorways and partitions), as well as changes in utilities (in electrical wiring, pipelines, ventilation, creation of new or changes in existing bathrooms) must be recorded in the technical passport of the room.
A conscientious attitude to housing legislation will save you from penalties, difficulties in the sale of this property, and emergencies.
Even before the repair begins, it is worth seeking advice from the specialists of the following enterprises, while providing a draft of changes:
- Housing inspection;
- City Capital Construction Department;
- lawyers specializing in real estate issues (such representatives are, as a rule, in real estate agencies);
- construction and repair firms, design companies.
At the consultation, no permits are issued, you will only be able to answer the question of whether these changes can be made. If, after it, the redevelopment was approved for you, then the algorithm for further actions will be approximately as follows. The first step is to obtain an order from the State Housing Inspectorate (GZI) for the right to carry out repair work, this will require the following documents:
- A document of title to an apartment (sale and purchase agreement, privatization agreement, right to inheritance), only the original or a notarized copy is recognized.
- Technical passport of the apartment in which the renovation is planned. In the absence of a technical passport, you should contact the Bureau of Technical Inventory of your city (BTI). At the same time, the cost of services will depend on the urgency of the manufacture, the amount of work on the examination. The minimum price for such services is 900 rubles.
- Application indicating the redevelopment of the established sample. The form can be obtained and filled in directly upon submission of documents.
- Consent to redevelopment of all registered people living in the apartment.
- Directly the project of redevelopment of the apartment itself. It is better if it is prepared for you by a design organization that has an SRO certificate. The cost of such services varies and can be 15,000-30,000 rubles. The plan of a new room can be prepared on your own if minor changes are coming that do not affect the supporting structures and engineering communications (for example, the construction of a partition).
- Identity document.
The above list is the most complete one to be provided throughout the Russian Federation.In addition to this list of documents, representatives of inspection and permitting authorities are not entitled to demand. You can draw up documents directly through GZI or MFC in your city. The latter option is more convenient, since there are recording functions.
Even if the upcoming changes in the apartment are not significant and do not require special permits for legalization, then it is necessary to make such changes in the technical passport of the real estate object.
In houses of an old building, repairs can be difficult due to the fact that the building belongs to the historical heritage of the city. In such cases, you will need to obtain another permit from the department for the protection of monuments. All documents provided (name and quantity) must be recorded in a receipt that will be given to you when you contact the MFC. Application consideration period 30 days from the date of submission of documents.
As a result of consideration of the application, a document will be issued either on permission or on the prohibition of redevelopment. In the first case, you can safely proceed with the repair. In the second case, carefully study the document, There can be three official reasons for refusal:
- The project was compiled with errors and / or contains unacceptable changes to the premises.
- An incomplete package of documents has been provided, or their authenticity is in doubt.
- An application with accompanying documents has been submitted for consideration to bodies that are not dealing with these issues. You can avoid such a mistake if you contact the MFC: they themselves deliver the documents to the required authority.
If there is confidence that the refusal was issued unreasonably, you can challenge it in court.
The second step will be directly the repair itself in the room, observing the norms and rules of the law, and in full accordance with the provided project. Any deviation from the plan can lead to the disruption of the entire procedure for legalizing redevelopment, an increase in terms and an increase in the cost of repairs.
After the end of the redevelopment, you need to receive the Act on the completed reorganization. This document can also be obtained through the MFC or directly from the Housing Inspectorate. For its registration you will need:
- sign an act in the company carrying out the repair (it must have an SRO), if the repair was carried out by third-party forces; need marks from the design and construction departments;
- prepare signed acts of hidden works if any engineering communications are hidden as a result of repairs; the acts must contain the marks of builders and designers.
Having received all the necessary signatures and marks, the act is submitted to the authorized body. The Inspector of the Housing Inspectorate inspects the premises for compliance with the redevelopment plan. In the absence of comments, the owner of the apartment receives an approved act with the mark of the Housing Inspectorate.
After the completion of all repair work and obtaining permits, the results of the redevelopment must be entered in the technical passport. This will be done by the BTI. When applying for a new passport, do not forget to provide a title deed for the living space.
A technician will arrive at the facility and take all the necessary measurements. After 25 days, you will be able to receive a new technical passport. The cost of services will again depend on the area of the premises, the urgency of the services, and from your region. On average, such costs are 2000-4000 rubles.
Next, you need to make changes to the cadastral passport of the object. You need to contact either the MFC of your city or the Rosreestr department. Prepare the following documents:
- technical plan of the apartment; it will be issued to you at the BTI (it is better to order both on paper and on electronic media);
- new technical passport;
- an application for amending the cadastral plan;
- identity document;
- pay a state fee of 200 rubles for a paper passport and 150 rubles for an electronic document.
The final stage: amending the title deed.Submit the required package of documents to Rosreestr (new technical passport and cadastral plan, identity document, existing certificate for the apartment, receipt of payment of state duty), and after 25 days you will receive a new Certificate of ownership.
The redevelopment registration procedure is troublesome and costly, but necessary. If it is not possible to do this on your own, you can trust the employees of construction or law firms, they will draw up all the necessary documents for a fee.
Now let's move on to the most enjoyable part of such a difficult task as redevelopment, and consider how you can improve the "Khrushchev" by reorganizing the space.
The average area of one-room Khrushchev is 28-32 sq. m, while a very small kitchen in the area of 6-7 sq. m, 15-19 sq. m. They are found both with a balcony and without it. It is difficult to increase the space in a 1 room apartment. But also 30 sq. m, you can equip a cozy and functional corner for two or three people. Most often in such apartments:
Combine the bathroom if it was separate. The increased space allows you to fit the necessary household appliances (washing machine, dryer). Sometimes they replace the usual bathroom with a shower cabin, clean the sink
Move the kitchen / room doorway. The combined kitchen with the room is zoned by dividing them with a partition, which serves as a table or bar. In some cases, it is convenient to make the window sill part of the working kitchen surface. Apartments in which a single room is combined with a kitchen are called studios
The balcony can also serve as a functional space, but it is better to glaze and insulate it (remember that central heating radiators cannot be moved, but underfloor heating is acceptable). You can make the side walls deaf, build in cabinets and you get a convenient storage room. Or you can install a desk and get a study. Or equip a recreation area
In a two-room apartment, the total area ranges from 40-46 sq. m, living space 26-30 sq. m, and the kitchen area, as a rule, is no more than 6-7 sq. m. In this case, there is a little more room for imagination. The most common reasons for redevelopment in this case:
- The small area of the "Khrushchev" kitchen, as a rule, leads to a combination with an adjoining room. The result is a living room with a dining area.
- Often, redevelopment in a "kopeck piece" is started in order to make 2 rooms separate.
For apartments in which both rooms have windows on one side, they often use the following scheme: they transfer the doorway opposite the entrance from the hallway, and the passage to the second room is made through the pantry, and the passage room is separated by a plasterboard partition, a rack or a blank cabinet.
If the layout is in the "tram" style, that rooms with windows on different sides, it is convenient to erect a partition in the passage room so that the area of the hallway increases. As a result, the area of the room itself will decrease slightly, but in the resulting corridor it is practical to arrange shelves and racks for storing things and books, and not to clutter up living rooms with bulky furniture.
The bathroom also falls under renovation: it is convenient for someone to have a combined one, while for others it is more convenient to have two separate rooms
The area of "treshki" in the houses of the Khrushchev buildings reaches about 60 square meters. m. But the problems and features are the same, therefore redevelopment, as a rule, is aimed at:
- increase in the area of \ u200b \ u200bthe kitchen;
- increasing the bathroom;
- leaving the walk-through rooms;
- creation of 3 small rooms 2 large.
Happy owners of a four-room apartment already have at their disposal 62-72 sq. m. Redevelopments are aimed, as a rule, at increasing the kitchen and creating large comfortable rooms.
Beautiful interior options
When choosing a design for small apartments in Khrushchev's houses, you should give preference to light shades (white, gray, sand, beige, cream), mirror and glass surfaces, and choose a calm interior style, without unnecessary details, for example, classic, country, hi-tech …
The widespread layouts of two-room apartments in a trailer are the most successful, and they cause the least design difficulties. Even without redevelopment, you can functionally arrange furniture in the walk-through room and the room will noticeably change.
See the next video for all the subtleties of the Khrushchev's remodeling.