A woman at any age is faced with the problem of applying even makeup in insufficiently bright lighting, without having a good mirror at hand. To make this procedure as convenient and comfortable as possible, a cosmetic mirror with a magnifying effect and special light has been developed. Such a product is also suitable for shaving men.
Features of the
A distinctive quality of such a mirror from the usual for all standard wall-mounted version is its small size, since it is used, as a rule, only for the face.
The thickness of the cosmetic mirror glass is 4-6 mm.
Currently, double-sided models are very popular, in which one side reflects a real image, and the other has a magnifying effect. There are models that increase the display by 5 or even 10 times, which allows you to carefully consider all the details of the makeup. Distortion is not allowed, but there are slight image errors at the edge of the glass.
For greater comfort, some models of mirrors are equipped with a bracket or a flexible bar so that they can be turned in any direction and look at yourself from the side.
Mirrors can also be divided into two types:
- Panoramic. They are large in size, ideal for applying makeup.
- Magnifying. These small models are very often installed in large panoramic mirrors or cosmetic models.
Backlight plays an important role. As a rule, it is located around the perimeter of the mirror. In the production of such products, various types of lamps are used:
- Incandescent. In simpler models with a low cost, incandescent lamps have been used. This option is not the most durable and reliable, therefore it is not very popular with buyers.
- Halogen. This option is resistant to high humidity, and the service life is much longer than that of incandescent lamps.
- Luminescent. A big plus is that the light from such lamps is as close as possible to daylight, and the minus is constant flickering. Because of this, the eyes are irritated and very tired.
- LED. The best option for all the positive qualities is LED lamps. They are characterized by durability, reliability, and visual appeal.
Mirrors are divided and by type of backlight location:
- Outdoor. In such models, there are several types of small lamps. They are used to equip mirrors in the form of inset inside the mirror surface. A cosmetic product with such lighting can be used to illuminate a room thanks to its bright light.
- Internal. Due to the arrangement of LED lamps under frosted glass, the eyes do not get tired with such illumination. The interior light mirror models are very expensive.
- Decorative. Such illumination in products, as a rule, plays the role of decoration.
In the production of mirrors, ordinary glass is used, on which a certain coating is applied. Its quality determines how realistic the display will be, as well as how long the mirror will last. Modern manufacturers prefer several types of coating:
- The most economical option is aluminum spraying… Aluminum coated mirrors have a short lifespan, are not suitable for use in humid environments, and have poor reflection quality.
- Amalgam coating. Amalgam is a very weak alloy. To give durability to such a spraying, it is varnished on top. Such raw materials are most often used for the manufacture of small pocket mirrors. The lifespan of a coated model is short and will be vulnerable to high levels of humidity.
- Spraying titanium or titanium oxide. The titanium-coated mirror has a long service life, is not afraid of moisture, but the reflection in it is highly distorted, has a gray or bluish tint.
- The most expensive option is silver plating, or a coating of an alloy of silver and copper. When buying such a mirror, you can count on excellent (practically distortion-free) reflection. The mirror is not afraid of water, it is durable.
When choosing a cosmetic mirror, you should pay attention not only to the coating, but also to other design features:
- A tabletop mirror is used on a dressing table or on a makeup table.
- The cosmetic wall mirror is fixed to the wall with a hinge that allows the product to be rotated.
- Universal. This is the best option. It can be used in different variations: on the wall, on the table, or on the road, since such a mirror has a compact size. Despite all the positive qualities, these options have one drawback - the high price.
How to choose the right one?
Before deciding on a particular model, you need to understand in which room it is better to install it, as well as decide on the size and purpose of using the mirror. You should also evaluate your financial capabilities and decide which manufacturer's model attracts you more. Only after answering these questions, you can start choosing a product.
If you plan to place the mirror in the bathroom, choose a large model with a built-in small mirror and a moisture-resistant coating.
As a fastener, hinges are the best option. This will allow you to rotate or tilt the product. Daytime illumination will be most convenient.
Ideal for a hallway - a model in which you can observe the reflection in full growth before leaving the house. In this case, the coverage does not play a big role, the image quality is much more important. The light should not be too bright.
A small double-sided mirror with LED lighting is suitable for the bedroom.
Mirrors of various modifications from different manufacturers can be ordered from online stores. Also, a large assortment is offered by specialized outlets selling cosmetic products for face and body care.
For more information on the illuminated vanity mirror, see the following video.