Doors from the famous Hormann brand can delight many customers with their wide assortment, among which even the most fastidious customers will find what they need. The products of the German brand are the leading ones in the building materials market, due to which they are appreciated in many countries of the world, including Russia. You will learn about what types of garage doors the company can offer, as well as what features they have, in this article.
A wide range of
Hormann offers the following types of garage doors that you can easily find in the current range of the brand:
- roll models;
- retractable sectional.
Garage products from this company can be installed not only in private premises, but also in any other premises, for example, industrial type. Further, it is worth considering in more detail each of the varieties of products.
Sectional doors provide a wider passageway for vehicles compared to other types. They are great if you need to save space.
Lift-and-turn options created for those buyers who are looking for products to last forever. Such gates will serve you for many years, they will not require any special and constant care. Lift-and-rotate structures are available in a variety of designs.
Rolling gates will save a lot of space both inside and outside the garage. Their convenience lies in the fact that you can park directly in front of them. The profile of Hormann roll products is made of special aluminum, which, even over time, does not lose its appearance and presentable appearance. Since the drive is console-mounted, it is very service-friendly. A switch and lighting are also integrated in the product control unit housing.
Retractable sectional models. Thanks to their versatile design, they are suitable for installation in a wide variety of garages. The sliding gate panels are filled with special polyurethane foam, which provides the best heat and sound insulation inside the garage. Also, the design involves the partial opening of the canvas for the passage of people. This is especially convenient if there is no way to install an additional door.
In addition, the Hormann brand enables customers to choose garage side doors that match perfectly with the door. They are especially convenient for installation if you return to the garage very often and do not feel like opening the main door.
You can easily find the right door for any construction design.
The high characteristics of the products and their full compliance with all safety requirements and quality criteria are primarily due to the fact that each stage of production and assembly of doors is fully controlled by the manufacturer.
From year to year, the brand improves the current gate designs, improving them and releasing new models. The Hormann range is regularly updated.
Only true professionals work on the creation of products. In addition, only safe building materials and innovative technologies are used for the manufacture of garage products.
Sectional doors from the brand provide many advantages to their owners. So, for example, their design is so versatile that the gates themselves open and are fixed only under the ceiling, they do not take up extra space and space.In addition, remote controls, with which you can easily open the gate, make this procedure as convenient as possible. Now, even in bad weather, you will not need to get out of your car.
German doors from this manufacturer can be selected for a variety of openings with the configurations you need.
Products from the brand have excellent characteristics, which can be easily attributed to:
- Tightness. It is achieved through a special seal, which is located around the perimeter of a particular product.
- Heat and sound insulation.
- Availability of high-quality guides that ensure the smooth operation of sectional types of doors.
- Durability. Even over time, products from the brand will not be covered with rust and corrosion, thanks to a special coating based on polyester.
In addition, products from the brand are produced with a reliable and stable locking system, as well as a safety device that protects the door leaf from unintentional falling or opening. Also, some models from the range of the brand are available with a tension spring system. The presence of a special torsion mechanism balances the canvas, protecting the structure itself from breaking the cable and springs.
Before purchasing garage products of this brand, it should be noted that Hormann offers 3 types of doors, designed to meet the different needs of customers.
- Single-walled LTE gate models. Suitable for those structures where thermal insulation is not a primary requirement. Most often, such gates are suitable for individual buildings and premises.
- Double-skinned EPU options designed for cases when the garage is attached to a private house. Products from this series perfectly retain heat indoors.
- The most popular and practical are considered door models LPU… They not only perfectly retain thermal insulation, but also silently open.
If you have already decided on a particular type of gate, then you should also pay attention to the types of panels from which garage products are made.
- Panels of category S are considered standard, their appearance is represented by a narrow horizontal corrugation;
- Variants M - this is a medium-sized corrugation, it is perfect for complementing the garages of modern private houses and cottages;
- Large corrugation L will be the perfect addition to any expensive mansion or luxury home.
The Hormann brand always cares about its customers, and therefore offers a wide variety of designs in which their garage doors are made.
Among the large assortment, you can easily find the following solutions, which, perhaps, will interest you as well:
- Gates with imitation of natural wood. Any scratches and irregularities on such a surface can be easily removed. In addition, they will not be noticeable at all on dark products.
- Models of garage doors with a perfectly smooth surface imitating silk are especially popular. Such designs are ideal for complementing expensive cottages and summer cottages.
- Smooth steel doors with a wave profile are also relevant for purchase among many buyers due to their unusual and not yet boring design.
- A very unusual door design is presented in the Decograin series, where you will find five original shades in a wood look.
- One of the most popular are steel gates, which perfectly reflect all the nobility of metal.
For nature lovers, the brand offers options for garage doors, which are made of real solid wood. Such products are perfect for those customers who prefer everything exclusively natural and safe.
A little about installation
Despite the fact that detailed assembly instructions are always attached to any gate, many experts strongly advise against doing the installation yourself. This is due to the fact that beginners cannot always correctly install one or another structural unit, which in the future can cause serious problems with their operation and even the failure of products.
Nevertheless, when buying a garage door from the Hormann brand, you will definitely receive an instruction with a lifting device assembly diagram and a detailed description of the installation process itself. But to do it yourself or hire professionals - it's up to you.
Some features of operation
When deciding to buy a gate from this German brand, you probably won't go wrong, because they have a lot of advantages.
It is best to choose drives for gates from two proven and demanded varieties, which include:
- ProMatic drive;
- SupraMatic drive.
These systems are silent, they do not require special skills in setting up. They will easily provide the owner with a comfortable and safe operation of the product.
Hormann garage doors have a special protection against stagnation of water, thanks to which the products themselves will be protected from moisture for many years. A very important point is the presence of additional protection on the garage door. Now you can be sure that intruders will not enter your private property through the garage.
Do not forget that the mechanical gate system will work even if there is no electricity. In addition, if there is no automation, you will have no problem opening the gate manually.
From year to year, German garage doors receive many excellent reviews not only from satisfied customers, but also from real specialists.
The advantages most often include the following points:
- An individual approach to each client and the selection of the size of the finished product corresponding to all the declared parameters.
- The presence of a remote control that opens the gate in one click.
- Excellent quality of product coatings that do not deteriorate even after many years. The gate does not rust and looks like new.
- Sound and noise insulation also pleases customers.
The disadvantages of many buyers include rather high prices for garage products and some expenses for their installation. But, in general, we can safely say that the doors from the Hormann brand certainly deserve special attention.
For details on the installation of a sectional door for a Hormann garage, see the following video.