New interesting materials used for wall decoration allow for unusual decorative surface coatings. This decor can be applied using sandy paint, which creates an original and sophisticated interior in the room. This type of raw material is a combination of high-quality components for interior plaster and paintwork.
A decorative paint mixture may contain:
- quartz sand;
- shells in a crushed state.
This paint composition allows for unusual effects and responds to the needs of customers in interior design.
The structure of the non-uniform consistency of the product creates the feeling of a complex work technology, performed with particular difficulty in a fairly long time. After applying paint on the surface, patterns resembling dunes appear, giving mystery and magic.
Advantages and disadvantages
A dyeing product with sand has a number of advantages:
- Long service life. Walls painted with this paint can last up to 10 years, unlike wallpaper coverings, which last up to 5 years;
- Versatility. The use of decorative paint is possible in any room due to its composition (kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room);
- Wear resistance. Do not deform under the influence of UV rays;
- No special care required. Textured paint in its composition has antistatic components that do not allow a large amount of dust to settle. To remove stubborn dirt, it is enough to wash the wall with clean water;
- The structure of the product contains special substances that prevent the formation of mold and mildew;
- Environmentally friendly coating. Does not contain components harmful to human health (does not cause allergic reactions);
- The structure of the paint consists of small particles that have their own protective coating. Thanks to this design, mixing of the particles does not occur. Thus, the multicolor of the decor is carried out.
Like all finishing materials, a dyeing product with sand has disadvantages:
- High cost of production. Some of these decorations are more expensive than conventional dyes;
- Only paint the surface on a perfectly clean basecoat.
To understand what a decorative paint with a sand effect is, you need to study its types:
- Mother of pearl. The paint contains special components that make the product shine and shine. High-quality products of this type are considered safe to use, because the composition does not contain harmful and hazardous elements. Pearlescent paint is more expensive than other types of paintwork. This is due to the fact that manufacturers use only natural ingredients (seashell) in the manufacture of paint.
- Matt. The matte coloring product does not sparkle, but gives a special special effect to the surface roughness. Looks great in modern interiors. These variations with the addition of white sand look perfect in spacious rooms.
Pearlescent and matte textured coatings have a good texture, so when applied on their own, they will not cause difficulties.
Such coatings can be selected for every taste and color. There is the ability to mix multi-colored shades, allowing you to get an individual surface color. Also, among the huge assortment, there are unusual colors interspersed. The walls, which are covered with a textured product, resemble Venetian plaster. Silver, bronze and gold colors imitate metal.
Quite a few manufacturers produce quality products of coloring materials that have both commendable and negative reviews.
Among the manufacturers offering high-quality finishing coatings for walls with a sandy special effect, Monaco and Mirage paints stand out … The textured dyeing products of the French manufacturer are available in a huge number of colors of pearlescent variations.
Many clients opt for highly resistant German paint for wall surfaces Alpina.
Where to stop the choice?
To create beautiful overflows on the walls, feel free to opt for pearlescent paints with sand for a shimmery effect. With this decor, you can achieve the special effect of velvet.
The choice of paint should be carried out only from trusted manufacturers with positive customer opinions.
High-quality dyes have less consumption in contrast to dubious types of dyes. When choosing a painting product for walls, you must read the instructions, because some wall paints can also be used to decorate the ceiling.
Before starting work with a coloring product, it must be prepared and stirred thoroughly. In some cases, the paint must be diluted with water.
So that the result obtained does not upset, it is necessary to follow sequential steps when applying a coloring decorative product with your own hands:
- preparation and leveling of the plaster layer;
- application of a deep penetration primer in 2 layers. You can replace the primer with water-based paint, identical in color with the textured material;
- the initial layer of decorative paint is applied with a roller. The method of application and manner depend on the wishes of the owner and the design idea. In this case, the design of the coating is created;
- the second layer of paint with sand is covered with a brush. On a dry surface, smoothing the walls is performed using special tools.
In order for the wall surface to look great even after applying paint, you need to heed the advice of experts.
- Experts recommend priming the first layer with plaster on a gypsum base, it dries quickly. At the final stage, it is better to use an acrylic filler. Acrylic has excellent antibacterial properties;
- To treat walls with paint with sandy materials, you need to use an ordinary wallpaper spatula, with which the finishing layer of the applied material is compacted;
- You can create a special color shade with your own hands. You can mix any colors. It is important that the mixed paints are made by the same manufacturer so that the composition and consistency do not differ;
- The drying time of the coloring product is about a day. For the drying period, you need to ensure that there are no drafts. After 100% drying of the paintwork material, you can apply protection products or paint the surface.
Examples in the interior
Experts recommend: in order to decide on the choice of a coloring product, you need to familiarize yourself with color schemes that are suitable for certain rooms.
The living room looks great with blue walls. This option creates coziness and comfort. Mother of pearl is in perfect harmony with the classical style, baroque and rococo. The use of bright, flashy shades is recommended in living rooms intended for outdoor activities. Pearlescent shades of light shades can visually enlarge a room. In such a room, it is possible to paint only one side of the wall, or divide the territory into separate zones.
The misconception is the use of bright colors in kitchens. Indeed, on such surfaces, dirt will be clearly visible. Experts advise painting surfaces in shades of blue, which hides dirt and reduces appetite.
The choice of color palette for the bathroom must be approached responsibly. Certain shades may alter skin color when viewed in a mirror (bright green). It is better to use delicate shades, such as white, which has a positive effect on a person's well-being.
You will learn about the technology of applying decorative paint with a sand effect in the following video.