Glass is a rather fragile but incredibly refined material that can be used to achieve a wide variety of design effects. Beautiful mirror tiles have similar capabilities. It can be installed not only in the bathroom, but also in the living room, bedroom or kitchen.
Let's take a closer look at this unusual finishing material.
Features of the
Today the market of finishing materials is replete with a variety of wall and floor tiles. You can choose the ideal option for the interior in any way. Beautiful and stylish elements with mirrored surfaces are in great demand as they are beautifully designed and easily fit into many environments.
Spectacular mirrored materials have many advantages over standard tile options. First of all, they are distinguished by their aesthetic value. With the help of such coatings, you can transform the room, giving it a special style and shine..
Besides, mirror tile materials are able to visually expand the available area … That is why they are so often used in the design of small rooms, where you should be very careful with finishing so as not to make the situation even closer.
Another feature of tiles with a mirror surface is their ability to bring more light into the room. With a similar design, the room will seem much brighter and fresher.
Many consumers hesitate to deal with such finishing materials, because glass itself is considered fragile enough, so it can be easily damaged. But such experiences are superfluous, since modern and high-quality glass options are produced in accordance with GOST, therefore they have good strength characteristics.
It is worth noting the fact that such materials are not afraid of temperature changes, as well as contact with moisture and chemicals … These characteristics indicate the durability and strength of mirror tiles. Today, not every wall or floor finish can boast of such qualities.
If you do not want to come across mirror glass tiles, then you have an excellent opportunity to choose reflective ceramic or porcelain stoneware coatings. They are much stronger than glass tiles, but they can be more expensive and weigh more.
Some consumers opt for mirror tiles, since noticeable scratches and other similar damage are very rarely left on its surface. Of course, this does not mean that it should be washed diligently using abrasive products. Nonetheless mirror tiles will retain their attractive appearance for many years if you treat them carefully and carefully.
In stores, you can find not only traditional tiles with a mirror finish, but also original options with a facet. A distinctive characteristic of these materials is that in the process of their production, the chamfer is removed from the beveled part of the part, which makes the tile seem very thin and elegant.
Such parts can be installed on walls or ceilings.… It can be either a single canvas or its combination with other finishing materials.
The mirror cannot be called an unusual detail of the home. Not a single house or apartment can do without it. As for the beautiful mirror tiles, there is an edge that distinguishes them from ordinary mirrors.
A standard mirror is a rather dangerous item as it has sharp edges. That is why, in the development of mirror tiles, it was decided to cut the edges of the panels at an angle. The width of the edge is often 40-50 mm … This part is called a facet.
The facet is not only a detail that ensures the safe use of the finish, but also an attractive decor. Under the sun's rays, the beveled edge shimmers spectacularly, drawing attention to itself … Such surfaces always look very elegant and stylish.
Fans of more interesting and bright ensembles often decorate rooms with illuminated mirror tiles. Such design solutions look especially attractive if the finishing material has a wide facet.
Mirror tiles have the following significant advantages for which modern buyers choose them.
- Products made from quality materials are very durable. For example, a beautiful faceted tile will serve its owners for many years, as it is not afraid of the effects of dampness, moisture and chemistry. Mold or mildew does not form on it, and under the influence of temperature jumps, it will not crack or burst.
- It is quite easy to take care of mirror tiles, as they are often not afraid of aggressive household chemicals. To remove dust or dirt from its surface, you do not have to make extra effort or buy expensive cleaning products.
- It is impossible not to note the wonderful design of such finishing materials. Mirror tiles look much more interesting than plain plain or matte tiles.
- Such finishing materials are multi-tasking. Mirror tiles can be used to decorate not only walls, but also ceilings, floors and even some pieces of furniture or decor.
- With the help of such a finish, you can radically change the structure of the room. She can visually expand the room, making it much freer. This effect is especially noticeable if the tiles with a mirror surface were installed opposite the window.
There are several types of tiles that have spectacular mirrored surfaces. Let's consider each of them in detail.
Mirror glass tiles are one of the most common.
It is subdivided into several types
- Glass tiles can be perfectly flat and smooth. When laying it, the joint is almost invisible.
- Bevelled tiles look beautiful and impressive, and their installation is considered easier and faster.
- There is also a glass tile with a metal finish. Gold, silver, chrome or bronze options are especially popular.
- Tinted tiles have a subtle shade.
- One of the most original is the ornamented tile, which has a beautiful sandblasted pattern.
- There are also decorative glass tiles, decorated with drawings or volumetric images with a textured surface.
Such coatings are unpretentious to maintain and easy to install. Of course, you should be careful when applying them on various substrates so as not to break or break.
In addition to glass finishing materials, there are other types of tiles that are mirror-like.
Ceramic tiles are the second most popular after tiled. This material is made from clay, quartz sand and additional components that are needed to reduce the sintering temperature. Often, special substances are added to the composition of ceramic tiles, making them more durable and wear-resistant.
Reflective ceramic tiles offer an unrivaled appearance. Ceramic coatings under mirror graphite, bronze, gold and silver look especially fashionable and expensive in the interior.… Such finishing materials are suitable for many stylistic directions. In addition, they can be combined with other finishes.
This finishing material is relatively "young", as it appeared on the market not so long ago. Despite its short existence, porcelain stoneware has become insanely popular and in demand, as it boasts increased strength and resistance to wear.
The composition of porcelain stoneware contains exceptionally environmentally friendly and safe materials that do not harm the human body even in conditions of high temperature or its drops. In addition, modern porcelain stoneware has an attractive appearance. It imitates various surfaces well.
So, exquisite mirror material is able to transform the interior and give it a unique look.
The surface of mirrored porcelain stoneware tiles is not only carefully polished, but also polished. The result is a very beautiful finishing material with a glossy surface. The advantages of this coating include the fact that it will serve for many years, while maintaining a mirror-like shine.
In search of original and memorable options, you should take a closer look at a spectacular mirror mosaic. The tile in this design looks very interesting and elegant. A similar finishing material is laid not in the form of separate parts, but in the form of a single canvas.
This finishing option has many positive qualities:
- As a rule, mirror mosaic is resistant to wear and tear and retains its attractiveness and pristine shine for many years.
- She is not afraid of high humidity and dampness, so she can be safely used in the design of a kitchen or bathroom.
- The mosaic can be cut with your own hands, thereby adjusting to one size or another.
Not so long ago, PVC tiles appeared on the market. Often, consumers choose it instead of the usual ceramics. Few people know, but such inexpensive materials are also made with an imitation of a mirror surface. It can be difficult to distinguish well-made products from ceramic or porcelain stoneware mirror tiles.
However, it is very easy to identify the imitation - it will be given away by too light weight, increased flexibility and reflective tape pasted on the top.
Such a finishing material is multilayer. As mentioned earlier, in mirror versions, the top layer is complemented by a decorative glossy film. It contains polyvinyl chloride and a special polymer, and sometimes quartz chips. The last component ensures the durability and strength of the plastic tile.
There are several types of PVC tiles:
- Tile with tongue and groove lock … Such finishing materials are connected to each other using spikes and grooves that are initially present in their design. The laying of such materials should take place on a special crate, which must be prepared in advance. It should be borne in mind that there should be a small distance for ventilation between the finish and the ceiling.
- With adhesive fastening … The adhesive should be applied with a spatula to the back of the tile. After that, it is tightly pressed against one or another surface and rolled with a rubber roller to expel excess air bubbles.
- Self-adhesive … A protective layer is carefully removed from such a PVC tile, after which it is attached to the base and lightly pressed to secure it.
The advantages of plastic tiles with a mirror surface are:
- moisture resistance;
- quick and easy installation;
- affordable cost;
- soundproofing properties;
- unpretentious care.
However, this material has its drawbacks:
- synthetic origin (not environmentally friendly);
- not too long service life (on average 10 years);
- intolerance to contact with solvents.
It is recommended to install a beautiful mirror plastic in a bright interior. It will be better if you place it opposite the window opening.
Currently, in shops of finishing materials, you can find mirror tiles of different sizes.
The most popular and demanded are specimens with the following parameters:
- 15x15 cm;
- 20x20 cm;
- 25x25 cm;
- 30x30 cm;
- 120x240 mm.
It is very easy and convenient to work with tiles of such dimensions. It goes well with other indoor finishing materials. For example, it can be wallpaper, ceramic tiles or wall panels.
Besides, mirror tiles are not only standard (square, rectangular), but also triangular or in the form of a rhombus … There are also options for decorating corner spaces, which are small in size and corresponding to the shape.
The smallest are the mosaic tiles. They are tiny elements with neat edges that shimmer in different colors in the light. Such finishing materials look great in the kitchen, bathroom, hallway, hall or narrow corridor..
Most often, such miniature options are combined with tiles of regular sizes.
Spectacular tiles with a mirror surface look organically in many interiors of a wide variety of styles:
For instance, in artistic settings especially attractive are beautiful panels made in the form of luxurious mirrors, clocks or paintings. In addition, in such ensembles, mirror layouts are often used on the surface of the ceiling ceiling in places with installed lighting fixtures. Mosaic tiles can be used to decorate the space around the mirror
- In fancier and richer ensembles the best option would be a luxurious mirror tile that has a bronze, gold or silver surface. With the help of such details, you can give the atmosphere a special chic and shine inherent in all "expensive" stylistic directions.
- In a modernist ensemble Mirror tiles can be used to decorate luxurious columns (if any), stair ends and other interior details. Such elements are able to create a lighter and more airy image of the room.
- Today, a style such as loft … It can combine different details related to different stylistic directions. The predominant color for such an interior is cool silver. It is recommended to purchase tiles in this design for loft-style furnishings. The room will look very interesting and original, in which one wall is trimmed with mirrored silver tiles, and the rest - with brickwork.
- Modern style spectacular black tiles will look interesting. However, do not forget that the use of too dark colors often creates the effect of a more compact and cramped room. Because of this, it should be used very carefully and only in a spacious room.
- Aged tiles look especially organic in vintage interiors. In such ensembles, the layout in the form of small glass squares or large "honeycombs" is most often used. Aged coatings may show artificial scuffs or tarnishing.
How to choose?
Choosing the right mirror tile depends a lot on the room in which you intend to install it.
- For the hallway the most appropriate option would be mirrored reflective tiles. It will visually expand the space. She can trim one of the walls from the very bottom to the ceiling, or arrange the space around the mirror. Never choose an end ceiling in a narrow space for installing mirror tiles, otherwise it will look like a long and uncomfortable pencil case.
- In the kitchen glass tiles should be used to trim a certain part of the walls. However, do not forget that too many mirror coatings will cause a lot of trouble for the hostess, since dust and grease stains are clearly visible on them. Designers recommend using such a spectacular tile only in a small kitchen.
- In the bathroom room and toilet, all surfaces can be finished with mirror tiles. Thus, you will achieve the effect of a brighter and more spacious room. Also, in a similar setting, you can combine mirror coatings in different colors, for example, gray and black.
- For the living room a beautiful mirror panel is ideal, especially if it is made in an artistic style. Next to it, it is worth placing fresh flowers, a luxurious vintage wardrobe or pompous vases.
- In the bedroom be careful with glass tiles. Most often it is installed above the head of the bed. Some designers place this finish on both the walls and ceiling base. It all depends only on the desires of the owners.
Manufacturers and reviews
Consider several popular manufacturers that produce high-quality and stylish tiles with a mirror surface.
- LLC "Master Glass" … This Russian manufacturer produces custom-made mirrors and mirror panels. Most of the reviews about this company are positive, as consumers can order a composition made from their own sketches. In addition, mirrors from Master Glass LLC are distinguished by their strength and durability.
- "Glass" … Mirror tiles with and without facet, as well as mirrors, mirrored doors, partitions and panels are offered by Steklokom. Judging by the reviews, consumers are delighted after installing tiles from this manufacturer indoors.
It is ordered not only for ordinary residential buildings and apartments, but also for bars, sports clubs and other public institutions.
"Capital Factory of Glass and Mirrors"… This manufacturer offers a choice of beveled tiles and mirror mosaics. Customers note the fast custom-made elements and their attractive designs. However, some consumers were unhappy with the company's service and poor-quality delivery of goods (with scratches and other damage)
Beautiful examples in the interior
An accent wall finished with large mirrored tiles will look great in a room with a glossy stretch ceiling and light floor. Put in front of her a luxurious white corner sofa with a carriage coupler, and next to it is a black table with beautiful chairs. Hang a dark chandelier with curved arms over the table.
An accent reflective wall will look great in a small corridor with artificial or natural stone ceilings. The floor in such a room should be decorated with light tiles, and the ceiling with milk stretch film. Place a snow-white bench with curved metal legs near one of the wooden doors.
In the bathroom, finished with pale pink tiles, a wall will look spectacular, from floor to ceiling, decorated with reflective mirrored tiles. Opposite it, you should put the bath itself (it is advisable to choose a model in a pretentious or classic style), and to the side of it a curbstone with curved legs and an antique stylized tap.
Spectacular diamond-shaped PVC tiles will look amazing on the ceiling in a room with light walls. Complement the reflective panels with small lighting fixtures for a lighter and more presentable ambience.
A combination of mirrored plastic tiles with matte inserts from the same material will look no less organic in the design of the ceiling. Such a design solution will revive the interior and will not cost too much, since PVC tiles have a democratic price.
Mirror tiles that imitate brickwork look unusual. Such a non-trivial finishing material will look amazing not only on the walls, but also on various interior items. For example, it can be a wooden bar with lacquered surfaces. On its front part, the mirrored "bricks" will look very original.
You will find even more interiors using mirror tiles in the next video.