The ceiling space is an integral part of the interior. Today, stretch ceilings are in great demand, as they allow you to add originality and beauty to the interior design.
Features of the
Today, designers very often use stretch canvases when decorating rooms, since they attract with variety, allowing unusual and creative ideas to come true.
The unusual design of stretch ceilings gives the room a special atmosphere, makes it cozy and stylish. This decor detail can transform a room, become its highlight.
Modern stretch ceilings have many advantages
- Attractive appearance. Each version of the stretch ceiling is unique and elegant. Even after several years, it retains its correct shape, beautiful texture and rich color performance.
- Long service life. Manufacturers of stretch ceilings give a guarantee of up to 20 years, which will allow you not only to enjoy an attractive appearance, but also to save money without thinking more about repairing the ceiling.
- Reliability and safety. Tension cloths are made of durable and reliable materials that are completely safe. The design of such a ceiling allows you to protect the room from flooding, since the material is able to withstand enormous loads.
- Acceptable price. The indisputable advantage of the tension structure is the affordable cost. Other cladding materials are more expensive.
- Room zoning. With the help of the original design of the stretch fabric, the room can be zoned. The design can include an amazing print to highlight the center of the room. A ceiling in several tiers will allow you to divide the space into several zones.
- Rich variety. Designers offer a wide selection of stylish and original designs, allowing you to choose an unusual option for the implementation of various styles.
- Ease of installation. There are two ways to attach the stretch structure to the ceiling. Professionals carry out its installation very quickly.
Types and designs
Stretch ceiling is presented in the form of one continuous flat canvas. Using a special profile, the curtain is attached to the base of the base ceiling. Today, various design options are presented, which differ in external indicators, and are also presented in different textures.
The canvas is the main structural element of the stretch ceiling. There are two material options on sale: PVC and fabric.
Until recently, exclusively fabric canvases were used. They are presented in large formats, so the installation process is carried out quickly enough due to the absence of the need to weld several sheets.
PVC significantly expands the possibilities of creating tension structures, because this material can be painted in any color, it also conveys various textures and effects. PVC canvas is characterized by strength, durability and practicality, as it protects the room from leaking from above. It can withstand a lot of water. With the help of PVC, you can create geometric designs of varying complexity, giving the interior uniqueness and originality.
Depending on the design, the ceilings can be single-level or multi-level. The choice of the number of levels depends on the tasks assigned to the designer.
A single-level canvas is mounted slightly lower from the base of the base ceiling. This design is the simplest one. It is suitable for a variety of rooms, even rooms with low ceilings.
If the base ceiling has irregularities or the customer wants to arrange it in an unusual way, then you should pay attention to the multi-level options. They are characterized by the complexity of the design, while not limiting the flight of the designer's imagination. These designs are ideal for rooms with high base ceilings.
The multi-level option allows you to solve many of the tasks:
- make space zoning;
- use several textures and colors at the same time;
- decorate the ceiling with complex shapes and forms;
- create the required visual effect.
The main types of stretch ceilings differ in their characteristics, therefore, it is worth choosing not only for aesthetic reasons, but also for practical purposes.
- Matte models are characterized by a flat surface. One gets the impression that the ceiling is tiled with painted plaster. The matte surface prevents glare and does not reflect the light from the lamp. On it, all the seams remain invisible. A matte ceiling will add beauty and elegance to the interior.
- Glossy or mirrored options are in demand for small rooms. The presence of a mirror finish allows you to visually raise the ceiling. Regardless of the color design, the glossy finish perfectly reflects light, making rooms brighter and more elegant.
- Satin solutions are distinguished by a slight pearlescent sheen. The room takes on a gentle glow, creating a relaxing environment. This option is often used to decorate bedrooms and children's rooms.
- Fabric types are in demand when decorating cold rooms. They differ in the use of a simplified installation system, because for their fastening there is no need to preheat the web.
- Metallic ceilings attract attention with a pronounced shine of metal. These canvases look impressive in a variety of styles. They add style and originality to the interior.
- Textured ceilings perfectly imitate the surface of various materials. Canvases that convey the texture of natural stone, suede or velvet look beautiful and attractive. Such an element of the interior is always a bright accent, a stylish highlight.
Photo printing options have become possible for ceiling decoration thanks to the use of modern technologies. Options in satin or matte design are in great demand. Exquisite prints can be applied to textiles or films. Textile options have a web width of up to five meters, so they are one-piece, without the use of connecting seams
Both options are available in a wide range of colors and textures, allowing you to create amazing interior designs.
Stretch ceilings are perfect for creating an interior in various styles. Their choice depends on the personal preferences of the owner of the apartment or house. Among the wide variety, you can choose the best option for decorating a living room, bedroom, children's room, corridor, bathroom or kitchen.
Classics are always in fashion, therefore, many customers prefer this particular style. A matte ceiling is an excellent choice as it gives the interior a soft shimmer. Satin options are a good option for embodying the classics. The glossy model made of PVC looks great. Light, pastel colors are very popular.
The ceiling should be a few shades lighter than other surfaces. Multilevel products look refined and stylish.
Lovers of the modern trend often decorate rooms art nouveau, which is distinguished by the clarity of shapes and lines. Buyers usually prefer canvases of the same color without spectacular prints, but with a glossy finish. Delicate shades are welcome.
Fusion style allows you to create an exclusive ceiling using spectacular colors and original designs. Often, when decorating ceilings, options with photo printing are used. The ceiling covering can imitate the surface of natural stone, marble or natural leather.
Layered options with smooth lines fit perfectly into the chosen style direction.
To embody ethnic style decor in sand and brown tones is ideal, and the texture of the ceiling covering can be varied. In ethnic style, single and multi-level options can be used. Painted canvases look exquisite.
Accentuate the interior in the style of minimalism will allow a plain ceiling with gloss. Satin options in pastel colors look beautiful. Minimalism does not tolerate excesses and decor, therefore it is better to use monochrome options.
For interior decoration hi-tech the exquisite sheen makes a glossy ceiling ideal. When choosing a color, you should give preference to gray tones, although the snow-white version also looks a win-win. At the request of the client, a spectacular drawing can be used as a decor.
The original, exclusive design of stretch ceilings allows you to decorate a room, give it charm and uniqueness. The size of the room does not matter, because you can create a spectacular ceiling even in the "Khrushchev", where it will become an exquisite decoration.
Lightweight stretch ceilings are notable for their practicality and functionality, so they are very often used by designers in the design of residential projects.
To create a cozy atmosphere without unnecessary details, you should familiarize yourself with different design solutions before choosing. Luxurious options will allow you to choose the most profitable solutions for the decoration of a particular room.
For example, glossy and mirrored designs are ideal for a room with low ceilings, as they make the room visually spacious. You can use both plain and patterned options.
Photo printing is ideal for creating beautiful ceilings in a studio. With its help, you can arrange original and stylish design options.
- Stretch ceilings with floral designs look delicate and elegant. Luxurious flowers allow you to bring romance and home comfort to the interior. To give the print brightness and showiness, you should choose the right lighting.
- Ornamented canvases add completeness to the interior. They look great in various styles.
- The marine theme is in demand, as it gives the interior tenderness and freshness. Canvases decorated with prints of ships or sea waves are the epitome of tranquility and tranquility.
- Stretch structures that convey the beauty of the starry sky look mysterious and rich. They create a special atmosphere. This option looks great in a children's room.
A huge selection of original ideas for stretch ceilings allows each customer to make a choice depending on personal preferences. It is also worth considering the type of room, lighting and other factors.
Stretch ceilings with photo prints often turn out to be real works of art.
Beautiful examples in the interior
Today, the design of stretch ceilings is simply mesmerizing. Amazing and bold design ideas allow you to create an exquisite and unusual interior design for different rooms in different styles.
The spacious living room with a high tiered ceiling looks amazing. The unusual shape of the ceiling allows you to highlight the center of the room. Spot lighting enhances the original shape of the structure. The violet canvas with a glossy surface harmoniously fits into the overall color palette of the interior of the luxurious living room.
The combination of red, black and white in the interior of the living room looks impressive and bold. The glossy red canvas visually increases the height of the base ceiling. The well-shaped multi-level structure looks impressive in contrast to the round chandeliers of different shapes and spotted carpets.
A stretch ceiling with photo printing will be an excellent choice for decorating a study. The image of the world map emphasizes the purpose of the office, adds elegance and luxury to the interior.
For information on how to choose the color of the stretch ceiling, see the next video.