Stretch ceiling coverings are in great demand among consumers all over the world. By choosing such a ceiling, you can refuse to use coloring compounds, whitewash and putty materials. Many apartment owners opt for white glossy stretch ceilings - such coatings are mesmerizing, they emphasize the good taste of the owners and give the rooms a certain gloss.
Features of the
In the production of glossy ceilings, PVC films are bonded together. They are soldered by heating, which gives them a secure connection with each other. The finished material is placed on a sturdy frame, which is usually made of metal or plastic. At the edges, the canvas is securely fixed, so it is very smooth and even. White is versatile and unassuming.
Such ceilings are suitable for rooms decorated in a wide variety of styles. They are used in nurseries, living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms.
Advantages and disadvantages
Gloss is particularly attractive, but such materials are liked by the owners of premises not only for aesthetics.
White glossy stretch ceilings are distinguished by the following positive qualities
- Installation speed. PVC suspended ceiling coverings are installed as quickly as possible. Before carrying out such installation work, you do not need to put a protective film on the floor and take out pieces of furniture from the room.
- The flexibility of the material. Thanks to this quality on the ceiling, you can create a kind of niches, cutouts, figures with complex shapes. Such decorative elements will look very impressive on the ceiling of a child's room.
- Versatility. Such ceiling coverings are well suited for both bright, festive, unusual and rather strict, classic rooms. White is an especially good option for a small room, as using it will add visual space.
- The ability to use a wide variety of lighting devices.
- Increased durability. Such coatings can easily withstand a significant amount of liquid. To remove water when a room is flooded, you can turn to specialists for help - they will do everything as soon as possible.
It should be noted that white glossy stretch ceilings are still not suitable for all interiors. When choosing a suitable ceiling covering, you should take into account the design features and the size of the room. Another disadvantage is the instability of the PVC film to various mechanical influences. It is very easy to tear such material with a sharp object. It is also worth noting that it is not resistant to low temperatures, so such coatings are not recommended for use, for example, in summer cottages - in winter such a ceiling can simply deteriorate.
Glossy white ceilings are highly reflective. For this reason, such materials are loved by many designers. This ceiling can be used to visually expand the room. Such coverings reflect pieces of furniture and other things that are in the room, which gives the room an atmosphere of infinity.
This technique is very suitable for rooms with rather low ceilings. If you successfully position the lamps around the perimeter, you can visually make the room twice as large.
To effectively care for glossy white stretch coatings, you do not need to use expensive products and high-tech devices. Such materials are resistant to high humidity. They do not grow mold, they do not attract dust. It is enough only to clean such surfaces from time to time using a sponge. Such care is quite enough for the canvas to last as long as possible and at the same time does not cease to be aesthetic.
A glossy white ceiling can brighten even a rather gloomy room. You can enhance this effect using light bulbs. It is recommended to opt for spotlights. They should be installed along the edges of the canvas. Luminaires on elongated legs can be placed in the center.
It is worth remembering some recommendations during the installation of lighting fixtures on the ceiling:
- before installing the chandelier, you should take care of the presence of a platform to which such a lighting device will be attached;
- each hole in the ceiling covering in diameter should be equal to the lighting fixture;
- plastic elements must be installed in the holes to prevent excessive heating of the coating.
White stretch ceilings can be combined with curly plasterboard boxes. Installation in several levels is possible. Some designers prefer to combine different shades. A black and white glossy finish will be distinguished by laconism, versatility and luxury. For a more sophisticated interior, you can add vibrant, color-rich elements such as vibrant reds or luxe golds.
Patterns that are complex and unusual are well combined with white glossy ceilings. Furniture items can be any: you can use any shades and styles. However, there should not be too many massive and dark elements. They usually look very bad against the background of light coatings.
Glossy white ceilings can be combined with a wide variety of decor elements. Such a coating can become a "highlight" of the interior.
Glossy stretch ceiling coverings are not resistant to heat, but they can withstand high humidity well. This material can only be chosen for a kitchen with a fairly high ceiling. If it is low, the coating will deteriorate due to the impact of the plate. To protect the ceiling in the kitchen, you can place an extractor hood above the stove. Another option is to install a plasterboard curly box.
It is not recommended to use glossy stretch ceiling coverings on loggias and balconies. For such places, it is better to purchase matte materials - they are more resistant to cold air.
Glossy stretch ceiling coverings are quite easy to install, but not everyone can cope with such installation work. Prerequisites are experience, certain skills and the use of special devices (for example, you need a gas burner).
In a small room, experienced professionals install a glossy stretch ceiling for about 24 hours. Some consumers are not satisfied with the rather high cost of such coatings (compared to matte materials), but this disadvantage is justified by the aesthetics and attractiveness of the glossy surface.
The installation of the canvas is carried out in several stages:
- first you need to make a frame made of plastic or metal - it should be located around the perimeter of the room;
- using a burner, it is necessary to heat the coating;
- in the fastening profiles, you need to fix the edges of the canvas;
- install lamps.
Interesting examples in the interior
Glossy stretch ceiling coverings in white blend very well with various decorative elements.
Such coatings can be decorated with high quality images.
The design of a room with such a ceiling can be elite and quite complex.
Spotlights work especially well with such coatings.
For more information on how the stretch ceiling is installed, see the next video.