An ideal garage is not just an alternative to an open park, but also a place to store tools or garden tools, and, of course, an area where real men relax. And this is not a utopia, because everyone can arrange the space so that everything listed above can fit in it. All that is needed for this is knowledge of useful life hacks for the garage and the ability to create things with your own hands.
"Smart" organization of space
Tidying up the garage space begins with global changes. The first step is to divide the space into separate zones and deal with each of them separately. There are several ways to free up space for tables, shelves or other bulky items.
- Plywood panels for vertical storage. If you drill several different holes in ordinary plywood, then you can store tools in them: screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, etc.
- Perforated panel. If you want everything to be organized more beautifully and neatly, then you should choose a perforated panel. For little money, you can get a unique board with a set of hooks and trays, in which it is very convenient to store all those little things that are so often lost in the surrounding chaos.
- Containers made of pipes. Larger tools such as gardening tools can be stored in specially cut PVC pipes. To create a convenient and multifunctional container, you just need to cut the pipe into several equal pieces and fix them on the wall. Several instruments will fit in one pipe, depending on the diameter.
- Another useful life hack that goes in a separate paragraph is use of multifunctional things. The table in the garage can be simultaneously used as a stand or a chair, and the viewing pit can be equipped with shelves in niches. Folding structures are also convenient, for example, a tabletop on hinges, which is easy to remove in one motion.
Storing little things
After the space has become visually cleaner and more spacious, you can start organizing places for storing all sorts of little things. Here are some interesting ideas to keep in mind for car owners and craftsmen.
- Magnetic mount. Magnets can be used not only to decorate the refrigerator, but also to store small metal items. The magnetic knife holder can be fixed in the garage by placing keys, nuts and other things on it that are usually scattered in boxes and are constantly lost.
- Hanging basket. Garbage, before it goes to landfill, also needs to be stored correctly. Instead of taking up floor space with a basket, you can make simple fixings out of wood and hang it from the wall. If you have enough enthusiasm, you can even hang several baskets in a row to sort the waste.
- Trash bag storage. There is an unusual life hack for storing trash bags. To keep them close at hand, you can hang them on a paper towel holder. This solution, which is not obvious at first glance, will facilitate the cleaning process.
- Hanging banks… In addition to the magnetic holder, you can also use jars with screw lids to store the little things you need to work. The lids are attached to the bottom of the shelves, and self-tapping screws, nails, screws, etc. are laid into the cans themselves. So containers do not take up free space on the shelves, and, at the same time, they still remain freely available.
- Cupcake Molds… Another obscure thing that can be found in the garage of a creative car enthusiast is cupcake tins.Here they are used not for their intended purpose, but all for the same storage of small nuts, fasteners and screws. This is convenient because you can put fasteners of different sizes in each mold, sorting them in this way.
- Container for tapes. Electrical tape is another thing that should always be at hand. So that not a single skein is lost, you can knock down a simple container from the boards to store them. It is most convenient to put each tape in a special compartment.
- Organization of sports equipment… Those who lead an active lifestyle also have to keep sports equipment at home. To prevent the balls from rolling all over the garage, you can pull on two sturdy ropes of the correct width and secure them to the floor and ceiling. It turns out a homemade storage compartment for football, basketball and volleyball accessories. The balls won't roll out of there, but you can get the one you need right now without any problems.
We use modern technologies
The modern generation is lucky, because we have something that our fathers and grandfathers could not even dream of. Technological progress should not be ignored, because some new developments can make life much easier.
The main problem with many garages is the inconvenient location of the switches. It is impossible to reach them without filling up some box, shovel or toolbox. Modern developers have already solved this problem for a long time. For this, a smart base was invented.
REDMOND SkySocket, complemented by an energy-saving lamp, it allows you to turn on the lighting even at the entrance to the garage. It can be controlled directly from the screen of your smartphone via the Ready for Sky app.
And for those who want to save time on this, you can simply configure the base so that it automatically turns on the lights in the garage as soon as the door opens.
Many are familiar with the problem when the outlet does not withstand the load due to the fact that several electrical appliances are used at once on an ongoing basis. To be able to drill, mount and light a room without fear of a fire, you need to buy a "smart" socket.
Appliance REDMOND SkyPlug 100S controlled from the smartphone screen. And as soon as the load rises, it will automatically shut down. You can also configure the outlet to stop working as soon as everyone leaves the garage.
This is convenient for those who constantly forget to disconnect devices from the network. Such an outlet, among other things, will also save money on electricity.
Another interesting life hack is smart garage protection. In order not to be afraid of an attack by thieves, you need to install a reliable security system, for example, a tracker REDMOND RFT-08S. With it, you can (all the same from the smartphone screen) control who enters and leaves the garage. Additionally, you can configure the application so that it monitors the movement of the car. Thus, an additional anti-theft agent is obtained.
And those who are constantly losing their keys will love the ability to find them with just one button press. It shows on the smartphone screen the distance to the coveted keychain and notifies the owner with an audible signal that the keys have been found.
The latest modern novelty - REDMOND SkyFan RAF-5005S… This fan definitely deserves a place in a modern garage. Unlike most analogs, it does not blow the wind in vain. If you configure the system correctly, then he will be able to take care of maintaining the ideal microclimate in the garage. You can also turn it on and off in advance.
This is convenient in hot summer when you don't want to come to a stuffy garage. You can turn on the fan while on the road, which in a short time will cool the room to a comfortable level.
In addition to these ideas for organizing a garage area or space for a workshop, of course, there are others. In addition, you can always come up with something of your own, equipping the space according to your own wishes.
For even more ideas for arranging a garage, see the next video.