Every person wants his home to be beautiful and stylish. A good and attractive interior is what every household member wants to achieve. One way to personalize and transform an apartment is to make a white matte stretch ceiling in the rooms.
Features of the
Today there are many different variations of ceiling design. A large palette of colors allows you to bring any stylistic fantasies to life. One of the classic and "ageless" options is the matte stretch ceiling. It can be made from PVC film or from more expensive thermal materials that resemble expensive fabrics.
From the point of view of psychology, matte color gives a person peace of mind, creates a cozy atmosphere. Today it is the white matte ceiling that is the most popular solution for an apartment. It should be noted that this option is very popular not only in Russia, but also in Europe and America.
Stretch ceilings often have a mirror effect, which is not always attractive and convenient. The matte fabric dampens the reflection of light. It allows you to experiment with styles and designs. In addition, even if the ceiling hangs at an angle, the matte color, due to the absence of reflections, will create the effect of a flat surface.
The matte white surface looks beautiful and stylish in almost any style. The snow-white stretch ceiling is ideal for decorating a living room, bedroom or children's room. It will decorate the office space.
The density of the matte stretch fabric ensures a long service life, and also perfectly retains heat inside.
The main advantage of white matte stretch ceilings is their excellent appearance, thanks to which the apartment can be given a certain zest. Such ceilings are also very popular due to their quick installation, a perfectly flat surface and, of course, the lack of a mirror effect that glossy options have. In addition to the fact that they have advantages over other stretch ceilings, they also outperform drywall options.
Due to its design they are not at all afraid of cracks and various deformations, from which plasterboard ceilings suffer.
White matte ceiling coverings look harmonious in almost any style of the room. They have an unsurpassed appearance, emphasize harmony and turn the room into a cozy place where you can relax and enjoy your stay in it. In addition, thanks to the properties of a matte shade, the ceiling eliminates defects throughout the room.
The matte option is a good solution for the interior of any room. It looks great both in a spacious living room and in a small bedroom.
The matt white ceiling has many shades, so that it is in harmony with the different colors in the interior design. Installing such a ceiling is easy. An experienced craftsman will quickly and efficiently install the tensioning fabric. The matte ceiling is made of a technologically advanced PVC film.
It is not only quickly installed, but also has other advantages, among which it is worth highlighting moisture resistance, thanks to which the apartment is protected from the occurrence of fungus and mold, which the more expensive version of drywall cannot boast of.
Any types of building and finishing materials have their own advantages and disadvantages.This design is no exception.
White matte stretch ceilings have many advantages, namely they:
- resistant to moisture, which makes it possible to install even in the bathroom;
- elastic and resistant to large amounts of water. If you are flooded by neighbors from above, then the canvas will simply be filled with water, thereby protecting your furniture and flooring from damage;
- easy to install, since the entire structure is installed within 4-6 hours;
- fireproof, because the material is protected from ignition;
- environmentally friendly, since no harmful and hazardous materials are used in the manufacture of the canvas. Such a canvas can be used for any room, including a children's room;
- are presented in a wide range of shades, which makes it possible to embody any design fantasies into reality.
Despite the large number of advantages, the canvas also has some disadvantages.
- The stretch fabric does not tolerate low temperatures; when exposed to them, it deforms. A stretch ceiling should not be installed in rooms that are not heated in winter.
- The width of the web is only three meters, therefore, when installing the tension web in a spacious room, it will be necessary to use a soldering joint, which is almost impossible to mask.
Any construction requires maintenance. Matte stretch ceiling is unpretentious to maintain. It has a presentable appearance even after a long time of use. However, in order for it to retain its original appearance and serve you for a long time, you also need to take care of it.
It is worth noting that this must be done carefully and carefully.
Experts recommend adhering to certain rules
- Wipe the ceiling at least once every two weeks. This should be done with a soft, damp cloth.
- Before wiping, make sure the fabric is clean and free of dust. The stretch coating always attracts attention, every speck of dust will be clearly visible on the white matte surface.
- There is a huge assortment of cleaning materials, so it will not be difficult to choose material for the maintenance of the tensioning fabric. A microfiber or a regular soft sponge is ideal.
- The stretch ceiling covering, although it has a long service life, cannot be called super-strong. It is very fragile and can suffer from a simple scratch. Before wiping the ceiling, it is advisable to remove all jewelry from your hands. In addition, it is worth wiping very carefully, without pressing through the surface.
After damp cleaning, streaks may remain on white matte stretch ceiling coverings. To prevent this from happening, it is worth buying a special detergent at the hardware store. Now there are a lot of such funds.
Under no circumstances should you use aggressive detergents such as dishwashing detergents or cleaning compounds. Harsh chemical detergents can damage and deform the tension cover.
If you do not have a special detergent for stretch ceilings, you can wash it with soapy water. Baby soap or shampoo is best for this.… The fact is that their structure is not rigid and will not damage the surface at all.
Some experts advise using products that contain ammonia, acetone or alcohol to wash such ceiling coverings. For some stretch ceilings, these funds do not pose a threat, however, the white matte version is made of a material that is immune to the above means.
Ammonium, alcohol and acetone can completely ruin the presentable appearance of the ceiling, after which you just have to change it.
People are accustomed to the fact that if there is a cobweb on the ceiling, then it can be removed with a vacuum cleaner while cleaning the apartment. However, if you have a stretch ceiling, then you should forget about this method forever.The ceiling surface is very soft and can deform due to the influence of concentrated air. Therefore, a simple vacuum cleaner can ruin the entire ceiling. Better to use a soft brush or rag to clean the stretch ceiling.
To maintain your stretch ceiling, it is best to use a high ladder so that you do not reach for the ceiling. Avoid using a mop as it can do a lot of harm.
Beautiful examples in the interior
White matte stretch ceiling can be easily assembled by yourself. This color looks harmoniously in many interior styles. This option is perfect even for decorating a children's room. Such a ceiling covering has a perfectly flat surface and is suitable for the embodiment of a classic or modern style. It is worth noting that objects in the room will not be reflected.
A matte stretch ceiling is a really good solution for any home. It has many advantages that will allow you to implement the most complex design solutions.
For more information on matte stretch ceiling, see the next video.