The market represents a huge variety of paints, constantly advancing in this area. However, today's average shopper doesn't ask for something supernatural, but knows exactly what he needs. Adequate price, acceptable quality and the ability of the product to reduce, if possible, the time and consumption of other resources required to complete the painting - this is what is needed for a suitable product, which can only be created by a competent manufacturer.
Getting to know paint
The best choice that meets all the requirements is offered by the world famous British company with the release of a paint called Hammerite. It consists of inorganic pigments, lead-free and polystyrene-modified alkyd resins. Such paint is made specifically for use in everyday life, and therefore it can be safely applied to:
- metal constructions;
- natural wood products;
- downpipes and many other types of plastic (but not all).
This paint for metal and other surfaces is able to give real pleasure from working with it. This is due to the absence of the need to make a lot of efforts in order to rid the surface of all unnecessary elements before applying the coating. It is enough to clean off the dirt and a large coating of rust, and then make a completely elementary preparation and follow a simple technology.
The result obtained will exceed all the most positive expectations, since the product has an excellent composition, which can be described as "three in one"; Moreover, you shouldn't worry about the primer and rust converter, because they are already present.
About properties and characteristics
Hammerite paint has a number of positive properties.
- It provides reliable protection, protecting various surfaces from corrosion, moreover, damage is not terrible for products located both in the room and outside it.
- A variety of colors will help create a spectacular look for any item. The coatings have both standard shades and a special line of special paints such as golden, cherry and even hammer.
- The required rust adhesion will also remain on the metal surface, within acceptable limits, after initial preparation. Thanks to this, the appearance of the object will be preserved for many years as if it was painted only today.
- This product is able to easily endure almost any temperature and adapt to its huge differences. She is not afraid of a frost at -20 degrees, or an unbearable heat for a person at +85 degrees. Even at a temperature of +150 degrees, the paint will continue to perform its service if this pressure is not continued for too long.
- Any type of paint presented is able to withstand the effects of ultraviolet radiation for more than five years, being both on wood and on metal.
Hammerite also has additional properties
- The paint will perfectly protect wooden surfaces from various environmental factors that are usually harmful. However, to do this, it is recommended to first clean the wood before applying and then cover it with acrylic primer.
- Plastic items such as gutters, sewers and drainage pipes will also be under reliable protection.
Other plastics can be overcoated with Hammerite, but in the case of these, it is best to pre-test and apply it to an inconspicuous area to ensure a satisfactory result.
Hammerite paint significantly differs from competitors on the market in many of its advantages.
- It requires minimal effort and labor both during the preparation of the product and when working with the product itself, especially with regard to rust.
- Sanding and painting can be done with ease with common, commonly available tools, even with the hammer option.
- This coating dries extremely quickly, so all the work can be done in one day. Only two coats are needed, and the last one is applied after only three hours. The same period is needed for the premises to be used in the usual way afterwards.
- The silicone contained in the composition is the key to creating a durable water layer that repels dirt.
- Specialized resins, all in the same composition, prevent rust from coating metal products.
- Any paint has several types of texture to choose from, so that the painted object can become glossy, matte or semi-matte.
- The product does not have an unpleasant and unhealthy odor, which is important for residential premises.
- Each of the stages of work does not require special skills of a professional, therefore, a simple amateur can also cope with them.
If the surface in need of renovation has once been painted with a bitumen-containing product, the use of Hammerite paint is highly discouraged. If in doubt about the composition of a previous paint, a verification test is acceptable. In this case, a small amount of Hammerite is applied to the corner of the object, which then remains intact for about an hour. Bloating, cracking and other unpleasant consequences indicate that full staining will only ruin the thing.
By violating any of the rules of application indicated on the packaging, the consumer faces some problems that can be avoided
- After paint has been applied to the metal, rust can reappear very soon. This is due to savings on the product or poor-quality cleaning.
- Irregularities and wrinkles are evidence of haste, waiting less than three hours before the second layer.
- Detachment can occur on products that do not have sufficient adhesion. Accuracy and patience are the main helpers in good work.
For instructions on using HAMMERIT paints on metal, see the following video.